April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 02-09-2011, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
IT IS ALMOST FRIDAY!!!

How is everyone doing- ready to go strong through the weekend? Anyone have good plans?

I plan on laying low (spending minimal money) and watching some good flicks, working out, and doing some chores around the casa! I am super excited that my monday weigh in is going to be here soon- i just want this weight to get off of me asap!

you?
I feel the same way. I keep looking in store windows and thinking it won't be long. Who am I kidding though? From past experience, I am pretty sure that I am going to hit a brick wall around 275 or so. That is the last weight that I hovered at on the way up. 275 should be around a size 24 for me. That is a far cry from a size I can purchase in a regular department store.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in....I would like to make my goal an even 20 by April 1st. It is a lot for me to shoot for in that amount of time but I want to give it a shot. You never know what could happen when your working at it.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Is Feb 14th the half way date? That's just cruel! At least there should be no holidays to worry about in the second half of the challange. I will have to deal with a week of babysitting 2 grandkids -- They may get introduced to more healthy eating than they are used to. Hopefully I'll be able to journal that week -- it really helped the last week I was on holidays.

I'm really impressed with Fitday. I was avoiding work today and decided to compare my actual loss with my calorie defecit for the 5 weeks I've been here. My weight loss is 11 pounds and the total calorie defecit would equal a 10 pound loss. I thought it was impressive that the numbers were that close.

Mary

Last edited by Kumochi; 02-09-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Is Feb 14th the half way date? That's just cruel! At least there should be no holidays to worry about in the second half of the challange. I will have to deal with a week of babysitting 2 grandkids -- They may get introduced to more healthy eating than they are used to. Hopefully I'll be able to journal that week -- it really helped the last week I was on holidays.

I'm really impressed with Fitday. I was avoiding work today and decided to compare my actual loss with my calorie defecit for the 5 weeks I've been here. My weight loss is 11 pounds and the total calorie defecit would equal a 10 pound loss. I thought it was impressive that the numbers were that close.

Mary
Yup, we're almost halfway through the challenge! So you're 11 down--that's great. I agree that if you are accurate with entering your data that your weight loss in reality is pretty darned close to what FitDay indicates it should be.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-10-2011, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

I hope this weekend brings some MAJOR weightloss on the scale for me...so far i'm only down .2 this week..

These small weight losses really get the best of me.

This weekend i plan to work out fri, sat, sun- Eat under 1,500 calories/day and try and stay positive as best I can! Also DRINK LOTS O' WATER...

Old 02-12-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Detroit Breakdown. My percentage did not look right according to the other method, so I checked a few and discovered they were wrong.
I believed mine to be correct but since I failed grade 10 math, I was not going to be the one to speak up.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Michael you are rocking and rolling! Great loss this week, I'm sure the result of a lot of hard work.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Michael you are rocking and rolling! Great loss this week, I'm sure the result of a lot of hard work.
Hey, thanks, you're not doing too bad yourself!

So, I think I forgot which thread I was in--posted my stuff in the 100+ thread .

Anyway, yes, had a nice 5lb. loss this week. My longer lunch time walks are paying off I guess. I've also been working on increasing my water intake--going for at least 3 liters a day, coffee excluded.

Only 8lbs left to meet the challenge goal, so even with a few days at camp week after next I should be all set for 4/1.

Hope you all have a safe and healthy weekend!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-14-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Halfway There!

Yup, believe it or not, the challenge is half over!

How much have we lost? How about 259.35 pounds as of this morning?!

Over 1/8th of a ton of excess weight gone in six weeks.

Now let's keep that momentum going--these next six weeks will go by lickety split and we'll be staring spring right in the face. Have a great Valentine's Day, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-14-2011, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hello!

Half way, huh? Well I need to get it together for these next weeks, I seem to have gotten stuck with the weight for the past two weeks.

Have a great week everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.