April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 02-16-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Hi all,
Kaitlin hope you are feeling better, sorry your Valentine's was not as expected. Hope the rest of the week goes well.
Albie, those are excellent results! You have completed the challenge!
Michael have a great time at camp! I'm sure you will manage a good balance.
Hey, thanks--I will do my best at camp (like Vegas, what happens at camp, stays at camp ). Seriously, though I know I can keep things within reason, unlike in years past when going to camp meant many thousands of calories per day ).

Now, how are you doing towards your goal? 4/1 is coming fast!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
We're supposed to leave around 7 am Tuesday morning--that puts us there at around 10 am. We'll have to use the snowmobile to get in and bring in all the supplies. We'll get the wood stove started and all the gas lights on to help get the place warmed up--it's pretty tight but will take all day to get up from 0F (or below).

Then we've got to dig out the shower and pack down a path to the outhouse (brrrrrr!). Get the genny running and fill the water tank, bring in wood, lots to do.

I believe the plan is to get a pot roast into the big gas oven right off as that also helps heat the place up.

The camp is out in the woods so it is very peaceful. We do all kinds of things, from drinking beer to spiritual discussion/meditation. Reading, playing cards, hiking (snowshoeing this time of year), some entertaining, eating good food (while now keeping it somewhat moderate), and just plain relaxing. It's really a good time.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll be extra good this week as I know there will be days at camp I keep my calorie intake equal to my burn, at best.

Regards,
Michael
Sounds tiring but fun! I have included things into my ski trip for some extra activity as well- walking and exploring, ice skating, tubing,..etc I am hoping to keep on track!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Hey, thanks--I will do my best at camp (like Vegas, what happens at camp, stays at camp ). Seriously, though I know I can keep things within reason, unlike in years past when going to camp meant many thousands of calories per day ).

Now, how are you doing towards your goal? 4/1 is coming fast!

Regards,
Michael
Hey,
Well I am a little stuck with the scale... no change for the past two weeks, but I try not to obsess about it. First week I know I had some calorie filled days so wasn't expecting much. Last week and this one though I have been on my best behaviour (for the most part) so I do hope to see some change next week.
Cannot believe how fast we are approaching the date! I hope I can reach the goal!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 PM
FitDay Member

Fortnightly check-in... no change.
Actually, that's no bad thing because this week I've not been counting! My trainer's put me on a strict Zone Diet for a month which started yesterday (see separate thread) and while planning for it this week I've allowed myself a bit of a blowout with beers, pizzas and pastry.

Also, training has been curtailed a bit because I seem to have damaged a rotator cuff so that restricts what I can do with pushing/pressing exercises for the next couple of weeks.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Happy Sunday, fellow Challengers!

Had a great day out four wheeling yesterday--a little chilly, but a good time.

Three pounds down this week, for an even 275 pounds. Five pounds to go for the Challenge.

Recalulated my daily walk and am at an average speed of 3.75 mph for 1.5 miles. Not bad for not totally clear sidewalks and still wearing heavy winter boots. Once the snow goes and the sneaks go back on I'm sure I'll get up to my 4 mph goal (and will have to up my distance--shooting for a full two miles in my 30 minute lunch time).

Have a nice day, everyone, and stay healthly!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-20-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hello i`m new here. I`ll take your challenge head on and try to lose 24 lbs, currently i weight 224 lbs. Good luck all !
Old 02-20-2011, 09:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by k1die
Hello i`m new here. I`ll take your challenge head on and try to lose 24 lbs, currently i weight 224 lbs. Good luck all !
You're certainly welcome to join the Challenge, but 10% in five weeks seems a bit optimistic. I do, however, like an optimist!

Let's see what you can do.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-20-2011, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

I have a surefire way to do that ^^, the only problem is to get past the first 10 days, if i do that the goddess of victory will smile upon me
Old 02-20-2011, 10:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by k1die
I have a surefire way to do that ^^, the only problem is to get past the first 10 days, if i do that the goddess of victory will smile upon me
Fasting? That's worked well for me in the past, though I didn't do it this time. A 30 day zero cal water fast, at least for me, peels the weight off fast. I don't suppose it's healthy unless under a Drs. supervision and of course I don't recommend it to anyone.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-21-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone!

Mike- great weightloss- 3 lbs is huge! I am so happy that you are so close to reaching your goal!

I weighed in at 191.4 this morning (.2 gain) however i am going to weigh in tomorrow as well- this weekend i did well at keeping my impusle eating at a low but did enjoy some foods that i normally would not have indulged in. I worked out everyday on my vacation t, f, s, and s! I jogged/walked for about 2 miles each day. Once again kinda let down that i had a small gain but overall last week was messed up because i was so sick at the start of the week!

5 weeks left of the challenge which means about 2 lbs/week that needs to be removed off my body! I know i can do this i just need to stick with my diet and working out.

Plan to work out 5-6/week, stay below 1,600 cals, stay positive and do not let this gain get me down...

It feels like I have so far to go in such a short period of time!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.