Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 12-30-2010, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hey kids can I join your fools-day-fat-to-skinny club? I've not specifically been "off-plan" lately (okay, yes I have), but I've been way too busy to sit on the toilet much less get on-line. But now that Christmas is over and I actually have time to take a deep breath, I'm getting back on track. Weighed in at 150 this morning and I would love to drop 15 pounds by April Fool's Day! If I can get my workouts going 15 lbs should be a piece of cake, my SIL has invited me (more like challenged) to run a 10K with her in May. Actually she invited me to run a 1/2 marathon on Mother's Day, and I was like "heck no, I don't run or run anybody anywhere on Mother's Day, that's MY day". So we found another race the weekend after MD and blessed be it's a 10K not a 1/2 marathon. So I figure if I can focus my workouts on getting in shape for that I should be able to drop 15 by 4/1.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in but it is going to be tough because today is the first day of my new healthier living and I know its not going to be easy and I'm going to need alot of help. I weight 140 so I need to loose 14 lbs. Good luck everyone!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Hey kids can I join your fools-day-fat-to-skinny club?
Well, I don't know--this is a pretty exclusive club....NOT!

Come on in and join the fun.

Running a 10K (not to mention a half marathon) what a great goal. My hat is off to you!

Keep us posted as to your progress--04/01 will be here before we know it.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-30-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cowgirl6
I'm in but it is going to be tough because today is the first day of my new healthier living and I know its not going to be easy and I'm going to need alot of help. I weight 140 so I need to loose 14 lbs. Good luck everyone!
Welcome to the challenge. Just starting out, you're at an advantage--a pound a week average should be a piece of lettuce (sorry, no cake ). Let us know how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-30-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by mecompco
Shirl, I too, like the WiiFit Plus. I like the bicycle, run and step. I do a mile and a quarter walk outside every day at lunch time. Next I need to dust off my weight bench and start lifting again--easier said than done, though. Congrats on getting off the sofa--that's 90% of the battle.

Regards,
Michael
Hey Michael

I tried doing step but it seems a 2 year old has better co-ordination than me!! haha. I like the boxing,jogging, hula hoop, I'm still really working my way round it. Its easy for me just now cos I don't go back to work till wednesday, so hopefully i can keep it up.

Shirl
Old 12-30-2010, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome everyone who have joined since I've been away. I hope to be heading back home this evening to face the scale. I have to admit I'm scared. Since last Friday I haven't had anything like the exercise I've been used to, and have eaten a lot of strange and delicious foods. I've tried to be smart about portions, declining (most) alcohol and passing by the really yummy looking munchies. But I know I'm way off plan.

I'll be absolutely thrilled if I stay the same by Jan 1, but I'm really fearing a gain. I'm going to try to get in a "last chance workout" this evening and tomorrow before Saturday's new year weigh in. Wherever I land, it's back to basics and the push for April Fools gold.

Be well everyone and have a happy and safe New Year's!

Matt
Old 12-30-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Welcome everyone who have joined since I've been away. I hope to be heading back home this evening to face the scale. I have to admit I'm scared. Since last Friday I haven't had anything like the exercise I've been used to, and have eaten a lot of strange and delicious foods. I've tried to be smart about portions, declining (most) alcohol and passing by the really yummy looking munchies. But I know I'm way off plan.

I'll be absolutely thrilled if I stay the same by Jan 1, but I'm really fearing a gain. I'm going to try to get in a "last chance workout" this evening and tomorrow before Saturday's new year weigh in. Wherever I land, it's back to basics and the push for April Fools gold.

Be well everyone and have a happy and safe New Year's!

Matt
Matt, good to see you back--hope you have a safe trip home.

I'll bet the "damage" isn't TOO bad, and if it is a few pounds, well, no big deal in the whole scheme of things. Most of it will be fluid and will come off lickety split.

Post up on New Years and let us know how you've done.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-30-2010, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! 19.1 lbs by April 1st...lets round it up to 20
Old 12-30-2010, 11:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jennygiraffes
I'm in! 19.1 lbs by April 1st...lets round it up to 20
20 pounds! Yes, YEs, YES!!! You can do it!

Welcome to the challenge and don't be a stranger.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default Friday weigh-in

I decided Fridays work best for me - and I plan to be a little bloated tomorrow...
Anyway, I've been really good recently, and lost a few of the pounds that I put on over Christmas. I had gained some before I joined...

Fitday starting wt: 158#
Starting weight for the challenge:: 134.7#
Current weight: 133.6#
Goal weight for the challenge: 122#
Goal forever: 118-122#
POUNDS TO GO: 11.6

I'll "cut and paste" the above every Friday.

Anyone else want to share your last weight of 2010??? It'll be the LAST time you're ever this heavy - right?
Almeeker - I'm so glad you're back! 2011 is gonna be your year! I look forward to reading your posts.

Last edited by nottango; 12-31-2010 at 03:30 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.