April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 PM
  #71  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by nottango View Post
gained 3 - but back on the wagon. Will "officially" weigh in on Saturday - or is it Friday? I forgot (and was avoiding the scale on Christmas Eve and Christmas!)
Three pounds--pshaw--that'll be gone in a jiffy!

Weigh in is whenever you like--I usually prefer Saturday morning, but to each his/her own.

Glad to have you back on the wagon!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 08:38 AM
  #72  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Default

This is sure to be fun! I did a lose 10% challenge at my workplace with a cash incentive and won! But this goal will be tough. No cash and I've found myself at a weightloss plateau. My final goal is to look good naked! Wish me luck!
slfordstthomas is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 10:26 AM
  #73  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to try and keep motivated, I've been doing ok on the eating, no junk and eating smaller portions at meal times. Exercise is good, don't know if I'm doing enough though, I'm certainly being more active than normal. Actual workouts are only about an hour a day,is this enough? I have been doin alot of stuff around the house. Tell me cos I am getting really confused????
182nomore is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 AM
  #74  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 37
Default

I'm on Board now!

Starting Date - 29/12/10
Starting Weight - 212
Target Date - 01/04/10
Target Weight 190

I seriously need to do it! I know I can!

I'm 5ft 11" 24 Years old and aiming for in and around 1600 Calories per day.
GDay2011 is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:14 PM
  #75  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by 182nomore View Post
Hi everyone,

Just checking in to try and keep motivated, I've been doing ok on the eating, no junk and eating smaller portions at meal times. Exercise is good, don't know if I'm doing enough though, I'm certainly being more active than normal. Actual workouts are only about an hour a day,is this enough? I have been doin alot of stuff around the house. Tell me cos I am getting really confused????
An hour a day? Wow -- what type of excerise are you doing? When I'm onboard (have not been lately) I usually try for 45 minutes 4X a week on the ellipical and 2X with weights/stretching -- usually about 30 minutes worth
160in2011 is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:36 PM
  #76  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by 182nomore View Post
Hi everyone,

Just checking in to try and keep motivated, I've been doing ok on the eating, no junk and eating smaller portions at meal times. Exercise is good, don't know if I'm doing enough though, I'm certainly being more active than normal. Actual workouts are only about an hour a day,is this enough? I have been doin alot of stuff around the house. Tell me cos I am getting really confused????
An hour a day is great--lucky if I do 20 minutes (which really isn't enough). Good for you!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:38 PM
  #77  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by GDay2011 View Post
I'm on Board now!

Starting Date - 29/12/10
Starting Weight - 212
Target Date - 01/04/10
Target Weight 190

I seriously need to do it! I know I can!

I'm 5ft 11" 24 Years old and aiming for in and around 1600 Calories per day.
Welcome to the challenge--sounds like you're ready to git-r-done! Keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:40 PM
  #78  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by slfordstthomas View Post
This is sure to be fun! I did a lose 10% challenge at my workplace with a cash incentive and won! But this goal will be tough. No cash and I've found myself at a weightloss plateau. My final goal is to look good naked! Wish me luck!
Congrats on your win at work! There's no cash here, just some great people and good tools to help us on our fitness journey.

Post up your goals, if you like (or if not, that's cool too).

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 01:01 PM
  #79  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Don't get excited guys!! haha I'm on the Wii fit plus (an loving it) and walking and a little on the rowing machine. This is way more than i'm used to and just trying to get off my butt!! What exercises you all doing?

Shirl
182nomore is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 01:29 PM
  #80  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by 182nomore View Post
Don't get excited guys!! haha I'm on the Wii fit plus (an loving it) and walking and a little on the rowing machine. This is way more than i'm used to and just trying to get off my butt!! What exercises you all doing?

Shirl
Shirl, I too, like the WiiFit Plus. I like the bicycle, run and step. I do a mile and a quarter walk outside every day at lunch time. Next I need to dust off my weight bench and start lifting again--easier said than done, though. Congrats on getting off the sofa--that's 90% of the battle.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.