Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 PM
  #971  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Default

Welcome to the forums Amy and congratulations on your successes so far. Don't dwell too much on your setback, we all have them, just get back to doing whatever it was that you were doing when you lost the first 30 pounds and you will do fine.
DancinBear2 is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 03:38 PM
  #972  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 33
Default

Feeling both bummed at myself, but also enlightened. I just returned from a family visit, having gained 8 lbs in 5 days. This is not from good meals or people offering me food I couldn't resist. This is 100% using food to deal with stress. I won't get into all the family stuff, but I'm glad to get the enlightenment, if not the pounds. It was my usual carb overload, so I expect it's mostly water and will come back off very quickly, but still, I'm disappointed in myself.

On the good side, I kept up a rigorous exercise schedule, and seeing a lot of old and slim pictures of myself was very encouraging. Off now to edit my sig and sign up for the 10% challenge
boolz is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 12:44 AM
  #973  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by ameliagrogan View Post
Hello! I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Amy and I'm 28. I was a pudgy baby, a chubby kid, a fat teenager, and now I'm a huge adult. And I'd like to change that. I started out strong and lost 30 pounds between May 23 and the last week of June. However, I fell off the wagon (with a rather large thud!) last week and I gained back almost 6 pounds. I'm not willing to fail like so many times before. I've been blessed enough to have no major issues due to my weight, but I'm not so naive as to think I can sidestep diabetes and high blood pressure forever, so I'm making a change now. I have roughly 300 pounds to lose - I cringe just typing that. I hope to get to know all of you along my journey.
Welcome to the group Amy. Like you, I am a big person! No I am not proud of that but have found some tools that work for me. Your challenge is to find the tools that will work for you. Unlike you I did not dodge the diabetes and hypertension bullets. In my youth, I was extremely active and been blessed with reasonable muscle tone. ON May 24th, I had Gastric Bypass. Now I am averaging 780 calories a day and am shoving every scrap of food I can get down me.

It is vital to understand we are here for you and that you are in fact human. We will all fall off the wagon from time to time. However, as people committed to a goal, we will ALWAYS get back up on that wagon and keep rolling forward. (I actually had a fig newton the other day!) Do not hesitate to ask questions. People here possess a huge storehouse of knowledge that will amaze you.

Welcome aboard and NEVER GIVE UP! Only you can do this for you!

Bill in KC
warren6609 is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
  #974  
FitDay Member
 
WeightlossBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 292
Default

Urgh, I'm so mad at myself!!! Was meant to have a job interview tomorrow but I go to the wardrobe, try on my smart trousers and they don't do up without hideous camel-toe and fat rolls flopping out all over the place. Went straight into my local shopping centre to discover that it's the largest size they do in every shop and I couldn't find a single pair to fit. In a blaze of fury I cancelled my interview and sat crying in a public toilet for about half hour.
I haven't gotten on the scale in two weeks but I know I've gained yet more weight and I'm so scared to. We've postponed the wedding for another year or two to get our finances straight and I was devastated. Result being that I've been hiding in the bottom of an ice-cream tub for the last week. Yes, I have actually eaten a 500ml tub of ice-cream everyday and it hasn't stopped at that either. I'm so p*ssed that I've allowed myself to get it wrong again when I was so sure that I'd gotten securely back on the wagon. I've no idea how to tackle my sugar addiction, and once again my get-up-and-go is long gone and all I want to do is hide in my room and feel sorry for myself. Haven't gone to the gym in 7 days and I really just don't want to at all.
Really don't know where to restart. After getting down to 225lbs and beginning to look and feel quite good I can't believe I've let food take over again. *Bangs head against wall in fits of rage*
WeightlossBoo is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 12:11 PM
  #975  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo View Post
Urgh, I'm so mad at myself!!! Was meant to have a job interview tomorrow but I go to the wardrobe, try on my smart trousers and they don't do up without hideous camel-toe and fat rolls flopping out all over the place. Went straight into my local shopping centre to discover that it's the largest size they do in every shop and I couldn't find a single pair to fit. In a blaze of fury I cancelled my interview and sat crying in a public toilet for about half hour.
I haven't gotten on the scale in two weeks but I know I've gained yet more weight and I'm so scared to. We've postponed the wedding for another year or two to get our finances straight and I was devastated. Result being that I've been hiding in the bottom of an ice-cream tub for the last week. Yes, I have actually eaten a 500ml tub of ice-cream everyday and it hasn't stopped at that either. I'm so p*ssed that I've allowed myself to get it wrong again when I was so sure that I'd gotten securely back on the wagon. I've no idea how to tackle my sugar addiction, and once again my get-up-and-go is long gone and all I want to do is hide in my room and feel sorry for myself. Haven't gone to the gym in 7 days and I really just don't want to at all.
Really don't know where to restart. After getting down to 225lbs and beginning to look and feel quite good I can't believe I've let food take over again. *Bangs head against wall in fits of rage*
Felicity, you've gotta get a grip. Put the past where it belongs and get back on your plan. It's a minor set-back, not the end of the world and you DO NOT what to get into the "all or nothing" mind-set (which has been my undoing in past weight loss attempts).

As to the sugar thing, I hear 'ya. I think I've shared my penchant for a pulse pounding, head trobbing ultra sugar high in past discussions. I've basically just entirely eliminated that junk from my life. I'm pretty sure I could deal with a pastry, candy bar or ice cream but I don't need it, it's not good for me and it's just useless calories.

As to the emotional aspects, I wish I could help. I think you're just going to have to work through those and realize that food, like alcohol, drugs, etc. simply is not going to help the situation and will quite likely make things worse.

Let us know how things are going.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 12:18 PM
  #976  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by ameliagrogan View Post
Hello! I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Amy and I'm 28. I was a pudgy baby, a chubby kid, a fat teenager, and now I'm a huge adult. And I'd like to change that. I started out strong and lost 30 pounds between May 23 and the last week of June. However, I fell off the wagon (with a rather large thud!) last week and I gained back almost 6 pounds. I'm not willing to fail like so many times before. I've been blessed enough to have no major issues due to my weight, but I'm not so naive as to think I can sidestep diabetes and high blood pressure forever, so I'm making a change now. I have roughly 300 pounds to lose - I cringe just typing that. I hope to get to know all of you along my journey.
Amy, welcome!

I know where you're at, and I know the daily challenges you face. With a couple brief exceptions I've spent most of my life between 300 and 450 pounds. It's tough to get through the day when it takes 90% of your energy just to haul yourself around.

Congrats to you for coming to FitDay and getting to work on your problem. I've tried countless ways to lose weight and FitDay is the only thing that I've been really successful with.

Probably my biggest piece of advice is to simply make the decision to DO IT! No "trying", just simply commit to getting it done. Now, there will be set-backs and slip-ups along the way, and that is fine. As a matter of fact, I planned a monthly "day off" into my eating plan. This helps eliminate the "all or nothing" thinking trap and gives me something to look forward to. Now, I still avoid my trigger foods even on those days, which are pastries, candy bars, ice cream and the like. Anything else goes (though I do try to make reasonably good choices).

If you need help with FitDay, your eating/exercise plan, or whatever, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 02:40 PM
  #977  
FitDay Member
 
WeightlossBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 292
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Felicity, you've gotta get a grip. Put the past where it belongs and get back on your plan. It's a minor set-back, not the end of the world and you DO NOT what to get into the "all or nothing" mind-set (which has been my undoing in past weight loss attempts).

As to the sugar thing, I hear 'ya. I think I've shared my penchant for a pulse pounding, head trobbing ultra sugar high in past discussions. I've basically just entirely eliminated that junk from my life. I'm pretty sure I could deal with a pastry, candy bar or ice cream but I don't need it, it's not good for me and it's just useless calories.

As to the emotional aspects, I wish I could help. I think you're just going to have to work through those and realize that food, like alcohol, drugs, etc. simply is not going to help the situation and will quite likely make things worse.

Let us know how things are going.

Regards,
Michael
I so know that I've got to get a grip, as does my OH who has also gained weight since Christmas. We both push each other towards junk food because we like it so much. There's no malice in our intentions, we just always give in so easily even when the other has said 'Don't let me eat this stuff anymore!' in the past. We don't drink, smoke, take drugs or have any major hobby that we enjoy more than curling up with a good TV show and some munchies. We have a huge supermarket within spitting distance of our house and it's too easy to throw some shoes on and head over there. I feel mad as hell after each binge, and it's just so easy to say 'I'll start again tomorrow'. I've been starting over everyday since January!

It's a mixed blessing that I've started to feel the physical effects of my weight gain though. Constantly getting indigestion, having dodgy bowel movements (or some days none at all), getting headaches and feeling lethargic everyday. Gone back to sleeping poorly at night and then having a 2-3 hour nap around lunchtime. I can't stand feeling like this, I had spent a good three years at my largest having those symptoms every day and I don't want to be stuck there again. It was more because I could suddenly feel a drop off in my physical health that I started this in the first place and I'm not going back to that sick person again.

It's going to be a daily struggle. Not just with food, in fact I think the food will be the first thing I can get straight, but I'm just so low with everything that the whole package is suffering. The motivation to get to the gym just isn't there, I'm actually joining my Mum's classes (like Zumba, *yawn*) so that I can be dragged if necessary.

I'd like to add something positive to that end of this message..
BodyPump and BodyCombat launches tonight and for the first time in a while I'm looking forward to going. Boo'yah!
WeightlossBoo is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 02:43 PM
  #978  
FitDay Member
 
WeightlossBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 292
Default

Originally Posted by ameliagrogan View Post
Hello! I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Amy and I'm 28. I was a pudgy baby, a chubby kid, a fat teenager, and now I'm a huge adult. And I'd like to change that. I started out strong and lost 30 pounds between May 23 and the last week of June. However, I fell off the wagon (with a rather large thud!) last week and I gained back almost 6 pounds. I'm not willing to fail like so many times before. I've been blessed enough to have no major issues due to my weight, but I'm not so naive as to think I can sidestep diabetes and high blood pressure forever, so I'm making a change now. I have roughly 300 pounds to lose - I cringe just typing that. I hope to get to know all of you along my journey.
Welcome Amy!
You will fall off the wagon at some stages, it's inevitable. But the important thing is that you forgive yourself.
Have fun on FitDay and definitely make the most of the forums. You will get invaluable help, and maybe make a few friends too.
Felicity x
WeightlossBoo is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 06:56 PM
  #979  
FitDay Member
 
wildbeanerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,517
Default

Welcome to Amy! Congrats on making the decision to do something now rather than later. You have definitely come to the right place for lots of encouragment and advice!!

Don't worry about sliding to the side of the wagon a little. I am actually fighting back from a 4 lbs gain right now that happened when I had to go out of town for three days and eat on the road for a funeral that ended with a group trip to Golden Corral. Ugghhhhh! It's okay and I will just work that much harder to get it back!!
wildbeanerz is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
  #980  
FitDay Member
 
Skiboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo View Post
I so know that I've got to get a grip, as does my OH who has also gained weight since Christmas. We both push each other towards junk food because we like it so much. There's no malice in our intentions, we just always give in so easily even when the other has said 'Don't let me eat this stuff anymore!' in the past. We don't drink, smoke, take drugs or have any major hobby that we enjoy more than curling up with a good TV show and some munchies. We have a huge supermarket within spitting distance of our house and it's too easy to throw some shoes on and head over there. I feel mad as hell after each binge, and it's just so easy to say 'I'll start again tomorrow'. I've been starting over everyday since January!

It's a mixed blessing that I've started to feel the physical effects of my weight gain though. Constantly getting indigestion, having dodgy bowel movements (or some days none at all), getting headaches and feeling lethargic everyday. Gone back to sleeping poorly at night and then having a 2-3 hour nap around lunchtime. I can't stand feeling like this, I had spent a good three years at my largest having those symptoms every day and I don't want to be stuck there again. It was more because I could suddenly feel a drop off in my physical health that I started this in the first place and I'm not going back to that sick person again.

It's going to be a daily struggle. Not just with food, in fact I think the food will be the first thing I can get straight, but I'm just so low with everything that the whole package is suffering. The motivation to get to the gym just isn't there, I'm actually joining my Mum's classes (like Zumba, *yawn*) so that I can be dragged if necessary.

I'd like to add something positive to that end of this message..
BodyPump and BodyCombat launches tonight and for the first time in a while I'm looking forward to going. Boo'yah!
The best advice I can give you is to get a Hypnotherapist. Discuss your binge eating and anything else that may be keeping you from being who you want to be. I went 4 times in the first two months of my lifestyle change and it was the single most important element in my list. I sleep better, eat healthier am happier and working out is no longer drudgery. The cost will be paid back in savings on food! Just do it, really.
Skiboy1 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.