Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Group hug

Old 03-13-2011, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Today after my workout, I felt great .. I didn't need to stop and catch my breathe, or sit down at all. I just went straight to the shower, and after a catchy song was on the radio..
AND OMG I STARTED DANCING.
Misery dances?
GUESS SO !
Not well ... but it felt good to be a little wierd and just move around.
Fun times.
Guess this means my 30 min run isn't taking ALL of my energy anymore.

Everyday this week I have told myself I could "take one day off" and something amazing have started to happen today my goodself is kicking my badself's ass!

Badself - "TAKE THE DAY OFF ! you've exercised all week! you can take 1 day off!"

Goodself - "NO WAY!" *straps bomb to badself.* "Don't make me click this button!" *holds up detonator*

Woooh, hope I can keep this 'strong' kind of attitude for tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like you're doing well. Staying positive is key, so keep it up!
Old 03-13-2011, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Sounds like you're doing well. Staying positive is key, so keep it up!
Thanks !
Old 03-14-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Today was supposed to be my officail weigh-in. I woke up, and almost instantly stepped on the scale. 241.0 I knew that i couldnt have lost 9 pounds in such a short time. So i stepped off and back on, to see if the number stays that same. NOPE. 246.2 I stepped on and off that thing like 15 times. I could weigh anything from 241 to 247 according to this scale. I THREW THAT F***ING THING AT THE CEMENT FLOOR IN THE BASEMENT. >.< Stupid broken scale. I don't know if I really was 250, or where I started at all!!!! I feel like I have worked hard all this week for nothing, no proof of my efforts at all. I really hate that scale so much right now I might go kick it and throw it some more. >.< I'd be MORE okay with an accurate reading saying i gained weight. At least I'd know. Right now I know nothing!!!! ERRGHHH.

-_- getting new scale soon. Hopefully this one is reliable. I'm still going to be totally bummed out not knowing how I really started. Sorta like I have to start over when I get a scale that works. This is the worst possible weigh-in.

*so when i was done spazzing out.. *

I measured my body again.. And not much change has happened, but I have lost 3.5 inches total.

2 inches in my chest
1inch off my waist
.5 off my bicep

I tried really hard to measure the exact same place.. but I could have gone off a little.. So maybe these results aren't entirely accurate but at least my waist inch is for sure!
How do i know i am measuring the same place? because i was measuring from the smallest part of my waist which happens to be 8+ inches smaller then the rest of my torso. So at least that measurement gives me a little hope.. I've lost at least an inch. And if I really lost 3.5 inches that seems like a pretty good loss. I'm going to keep trying, and when i get my new scale I will just pretend I know for sure i was 250.6 when I started. However different I weigh when I get it, I'll count it as a loss, or gain. Then work hard as ever to make sure I continue to lose inches and/or pounds. I'm glad I have lost some size, I really needed some numbers to show myself that I've made some progress.

Last edited by Misery16226; 03-14-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: I realized I can still measure myself with some accuracy :)
Old 03-14-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

I know it sucks but it has only been one week. I would start with the reading from the new scale. Or if the new scale shows you just a little under where you thought you started then I would go with that. It isn't like you have been weighing wrong for a month or so and just figured it out. All I have at home is an old dial bathroom scale that depending on what you do while on it, it says different things every time so I weigh at work on our digital scale. It also keeps me from weighing myself more often than weekly.

Sorry that you had a sucky weigh-in. Try to look on the bright side though. Do your clothes feel different? Is your energy level better? Does you skin color look nicer? All of these things are improvements too withouth knowing the real weight number.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks wildbeanerz, I actually do feel a little better still, I have a lot more energy, and working out is becoming easier, i was really happy yesterday. My clothes feel the same because I've only had baggy clothes to begin with. I just was looking online for a good scale..Turns out that inaccuracy and weight variations are a common problems. I'm going to try not to let this technical difficulty ruin my mood, and my psychological progress.

Anyone know of any (50$ or less) reliable scales?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Misery I know exactly how you feel. My scale often acts the same way. I step on it once, 331, once again 335, again, 336.5, again 334.3... it drives me crazy!

Although mine just seems to need to warm up or something. Most of the time, after a couple of checks, it will finally stable out. And that's the weight I'll go with. It's frustrating, I know.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

that sucks, I hate not knowing FOR SURE.
but if my scale is the same as yours, the numbers it showed most are 244.6, and 245.4 .. So maybe I did lose 5-6 pounds, if my first reading was true.

Sigh.

I'm not even going to exercise today, I'm so depressed I can't believe how much I've let this get to me.) I feel every bit of exhaustion from these 7 days, and some. I can barely lift my stupid fat body to walk upstairs and change into my work-out clothes. I am so emotional that I can't stop crying >.< I really hate myself. I hate trying to be better. I guess this is payback for feeling happy and optimistic most of the past week.

Last edited by Misery16226; 03-14-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Really, I'd try not to let this bother you TOO much--it's certainly not worth derailing your good start. My scale can vary a couple of pounds depending upon where I set it and how I stand.

I've been looking at some of the Tanita scales that also measure body fat/water which I think would be nice.

If you know anyone who has WiiFit, that seems to weigh pretty accurately as well.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.