Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 01-27-2010, 07:45 PM
FitDay Member

Diane, you should chose only ONE scale to use. You will find there are differences with every scale you step on. So if you want to use your mother's, then only use hers. Or if you really want accuracy, go to your doctor's office once a week and weigh in there. I bought myself a new scale for this adventure as my old one was broken.

I did great today with the food, and terrible with the exercise. I woke up fatigued and it didn't pass until I had a 3 hour nap...so I listened to my body, it was too tired to do anything. Now it is almost 2am and I am WIDE awake!!

Shell I sometimes can't load up fitday either, yesterday I couldn't get on at ALL!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Morning exercise done- 30 minutes, 1.52 miles. I will have to do more later today and make it a nice round 2 miles!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kathietaylor
Diane, you should chose only ONE scale to use. You will find there are differences with every scale you step on. So if you want to use your mother's, then only use hers. Or if you really want accuracy, go to your doctor's office once a week and weigh in there. I bought myself a new scale for this adventure as my old one was broken.

I did great today with the food, and terrible with the exercise. I woke up fatigued and it didn't pass until I had a 3 hour nap...so I listened to my body, it was too tired to do anything. Now it is almost 2am and I am WIDE awake!!

Shell I sometimes can't load up fitday either, yesterday I couldn't get on at ALL!
Way to go Showmenow, getting the exercise in to start the day off right!

Hi Kathie, Try starting your internet browser with 'add-on's disabled', then open FitDay. I use Internet Explorer and find the version with 'no add-on's' under Program Files. Hope this helps.

I was surprised my scale was as accurate as it was - it is old, and not the digital kind. As long as those numbers keep going DOWN I'll be happy!

Yesterday I did not eat properly and could feel the difference in my energy level. Got busy and skipped breakfast (!), then grabbed a muffin for lunch at Starbucks (I can only imagine how unhealthy those are), and I was famished by supper. I mindlessly just let this happen. There is really no excuse. Need to put nutrition first, it is so important. Had a reasonable and healthy supper though. Anyways, I didn't overdo it, so that is good. Back on track today!

Onwards and downwards friends! Grabbing my iPod and getting on the treadmill this morning. Maybe listen to a little Santana and Nickleback today. What do you do when you are on your treadmill? (besides sweat..) lol I used to try to read a magazine, but that didn't work for me. I find music the best, and most motivating to pass the time quickly!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hey people! I haven't been up long - had a lovely sleep in this morning, but I was up until 4am after my epic nap yesterday, so it is all good. I did step on the scale today and was under 167! Not much, but at least I am showing a loss finally, instead of a stupid gain!! I am hoping tomorrow morning, for the official weigh in I will be down a little more. Water, water and more water today!!!!

I worth this afternoon, so I get to sit in the very boring office. I hope some clients phone or walk in.

I think I will try and do my "10" minutes on the treadmill before work.

Shell, isn't it amazing how quickly we can get off track if we stop paying attention for one minute!!?? Good for you for getting right back at it today.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill with weights in hand! Wow, that was a workout!!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome Kathie, good job with the "10 minute" workout! lol 30 minutes, plus weights - super!

Thanks for the support! Yes, it is so easy to lose one's mind when busy, sigh...but it was not a complete disaster, so I am happy about that.

I am done my workout too. 20 minutes on the treadmill this morning.

As I have mentioned, several times, I am a cheese addict. So, I picked up some hard parmesean. Really not too bad on calories or fat, and was ultra delicious with my eggs this morning!

(..hopped on the scale yet again today, and still down 2 lb, so I am very excited to track a loss tomorrow!). I must say, darn I feel good today!

Have a good day all!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

I have weights but I haven't used them while I was on the treadmill. I actually bought them for that but as of right now they are sitting under the treadmill . I feel like I am going to fling off the thing if I don't hold on LOL. Maybe I will get them out and try them later tonight while finishing off my 2 miles! If you don't hear back from me, you'll know that I broke a leg or something getting catapulted across the room.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Shell250
Way to go Showmenow, getting the exercise in to start the day off right!

Hi Kathie, Try starting your internet browser with 'add-on's disabled', then open FitDay. I use Internet Explorer and find the version with 'no add-on's' under Program Files. Hope this helps.

I was surprised my scale was as accurate as it was - it is old, and not the digital kind. As long as those numbers keep going DOWN I'll be happy!

Yesterday I did not eat properly and could feel the difference in my energy level. Got busy and skipped breakfast (!), then grabbed a muffin for lunch at Starbucks (I can only imagine how unhealthy those are), and I was famished by supper. I mindlessly just let this happen. There is really no excuse. Need to put nutrition first, it is so important. Had a reasonable and healthy supper though. Anyways, I didn't overdo it, so that is good. Back on track today!

Onwards and downwards friends! Grabbing my iPod and getting on the treadmill this morning. Maybe listen to a little Santana and Nickleback today. What do you do when you are on your treadmill? (besides sweat..) lol I used to try to read a magazine, but that didn't work for me. I find music the best, and most motivating to pass the time quickly!
Shell, I like your music choices! I use an elliptical machine and read my Kindle. I'm currently reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, about a quarter of the way through. I started Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged but switched. I will switch back to that one sometime, maybe after this book.

It really does pass the time well to be doing something (music, reading, watch TV) while you're exercising, especially on a cardio machine. Sometimes I don't want to stop so I can keep on reading! LOL
Old 01-28-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Just logging in my workout for the day! 50 minutes of Jillian Micheals' workout. My legs have finally stopped feeling like jello!

And its not guarenteed yet, but go figure after I threw my little scale hissy fit last night, Mom is now offering to buy me a scale tonight. So then I'll have one of my own, get mad at what it says tomorrow morning, and then work on decreasing that number. Yea!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

I didn't do good last night or today... I had a piece of Chocolate cake last night AND I had my cheat meal today which was AppleBee's... A bacon Cheeseburger and Fries. It was lunch tho So I plan to eat light for dinner. Tomorrow is the weigh in tell all so we shall see how I did.

The reason I had a piece of cake last night tho is because it was our desert for the week! It was yummy... but the guild followed after I ate it.

I was proud of myself! I actually woke up this morning and worked out before I went to work... which was hard because I had to be at work super early this morning (7:45!) but still... I did it.

I just took a four hour nap and so I will be having a hard time sleeping... but all is well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.