Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Healthy Friends!

Way to go keeping up with the exercise, all your energy is so motivating! I had plans to do the treadmill, but decided to walk outside today because the weather was fantastic, and need to take advantage of it before it turns ugly again. Had a good, well balanced day foodwise too. I'm gonna say Monday was a success!

Hi Cher Ben, Thanks for posting about the 'sleep' time. I had just manually lowered my base metabolism because I suspected it seemed too high. After re-calculating it now (with 8 hrs sleep added), it comes to about the same number. Just by luck I guessed close!

Kathie, I think we are living in parallel universes!! lol I also had a bowl of granola cereal late last night. Yes, I am a carboholic, really tough to keep my carbs where I want them at. Perhaps it is the winter weather..? I don't know. I also still need to boost my protein, I think once I get my protein up it will crub these cravings. Anyways, back on track today. (No cereal tonight!)

Take good care of yourselves everyone!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
FitDay Member

Well I took the time to write out this long post, and it up and disappeared when I hit the Post button, and I am too tired to write it all again....so....

Have a wonderful Tuesday and EAT HEALTHY!!! Remember you ARE what you EAT!!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Default Please get me through today!

Hi, my name is Cassie and I am also a carb-aholic

So yesterday I decided to start zig zagging calories, averaging out over the week instead of the same amount daily. It's supposed to keep your body from adjusting to a certain level and prevent plateaus. All was well and good yesterday when my allotment was 1349. Tomorrow will be excellent...I get 1645! However, I need to get through today on 1079, about 200-300 lower than I usually go. To make matters worse, I am working at home today so I need to ignore my fridge and my pantry which are too conveniently right downstairs.

I am making soup for dinner and did 200 cals for breakfast. I made an appt. to get my hair done at 4 so that will get me out of the house for a while during the dangerous snacking time zone. I have herbal tea; I have gum. I have celery and carrots. I can do this!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

cjohnson it sounds like you have things well in hand for your low calorie day! I think I responded to another thread of yours how I have inadvertently been doing the calorie cycling as well. With my daily caloric intake ranging from 900 to 1600 but averaging 1200 overall. I think I will keep doing it this way, partly because it seems to fit my lifestyle better than a rigid schedule, and I like the idea of keeping the body confused. I also stole your carboholic line, and started a new thread for those of us who struggle with the carbs. Thanks for the idea!!

shell it sounds like you are doing really well!

daisy, don't give up!! Log in your food, even when you overeat. I have been tempted to skip those days myself, then realize I am fooling nobody but myself!! I know I will never win the battle of the bulge if I don't stay 100% accountable to myself! I mean nobody else is going to really care....but I MUST!

Everybody else keep up the good work. One day at a time, plan to do well TODAY and worry about tomorrow tomorrow!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was not a good day for me food wise. I notice that when I have a few days off of work I don't eat well. Don't know why. I really wanna know what my weight is... so I might get on the scale.

I am so thankful that my boyfriend is here helping me with everything. In the moments where I get discouraged he is right there encouraging me to "keep going". It helps a lot!

Does anyone else ever feel like food controls them in a sense?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know if food controls me, but I do have this "I don't care switch" that just flips on randomly. Like the past couple days. I don't know what's going on, but its been a struggle lately. I feel absolutely zero motivation. I don't kow if it my lack of options since we didn't go to the grocery store this weekend, too many cloudy days back to back, I'm feeling really stressed about finding a new job and not having any money, or really, its probably all of that together. I suppose the good news is, we don't have any junk food in the house, so even if I do go over calories, there's very few bad things here. I know going over in calories is still going over, but in regards to fatty or cholestrol and salt laden things that's and advantage.

Hopefully I'll get out of this funk soon. My W2 showed up at my mom's house, so that means I can do my taxes and that will take some of the burden of not having money for at least a second. I think I will do a little bit of shopping if there's enough. My mom and best friend remind me constantly that I'm about to hit that age 30 mark and I need to find a good moisturizer, and I've been jonesing for a good make-up store spree. I'm not very good at art, but for some reason I'm decent with make-up. Its fun to me, like clothes, its a way to express my personality, and where some things aren't necessarily appropriate styles for offices, you can get away with a bit more color on the eyes. There's something cathartic about it for me. Maybe I'll go put some on when I get finished here to help boost my mood some!

I need to get out of the house more, I know that much. Its kind of a catch, though, because I'm also trying to conserve gas.

I didn't mean to unload quite that much on here. It seems like none of my friends who are normally online during the day are on lately so I guess I just needed to get some talking out of my system. I'm glad to see so many of you having so much success, though. It makes me happy!! You guys have so much strength, it helps a lot just reading your posts!!! Keep having a good day, everyone!!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Carbaholics Anonymous..! lol I will join that thread too. What do you think...Do you think that maintaining a higher protein will aid in curbing carb cravings?

Jennifer, I do feel food controls me. I become obsessive about food, and sometimes just want to eat eat eat and eat anything I can get my hands on! I have struggled with food issues since I was a kid; although it has never gotten to the point of a full blown eating disorder. I feel I am doing well with curbing this now. FitDay has been helpful, compared to other programs I have tried like Weight Watchers. I am looking at food like 'fuel' to keep my body running properly. Watching nutrition, rather than just slashing calories as I have in the past.

Have a great day!!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill today!! Woohoo!!! My dietician suggested that I take my blood sugar before I exercise and again after. So this morning, after my coffee with cream and sugar (my one indulgence I WILL NOT give up) I took my blood sugar and it was a staggering 7.7! YIKES!! That is really HIGH for me!! So I got on on the treadmill with the hand weights and did my thang for 30 minutes. I took my blood sugar again afterwards and it was 5.1! Totally normal! YAY!!! So that is kind of motivating.

Food controls all of us to a point, as without food we would DIE! That is why it is so hard to diet, we MUST eat but we have to change a lifetime of poor eating habits. That is a pretty monumental task!!

Shell is doing it the right way, looking at food as fuel for our bodies and trying to feed these precious bodies of ours the best possible fuel we can find!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

I had another discouraging day today (Day three in a row) and it makes me sad. I got on the scale I normally get on and I am back to 211. I don't get why this is THIS hard for me. I mean, I am struggling to even work out right now. It makes me angry! And it makes me want to give up. I'm gonna try to not give up but I just wanna throw in the towel and be done. Why can't I do this right?

P.S. I'm NOT actually gonna give up. I'm just mad and ranting.

Last edited by JenniferAld; 02-02-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Jennifer...probably because there is no "right"! I think there is a definite "wrong," but everyone has to figure out what is right for them and you will too! Just be patient with yourself and hang in there. You WILL find out what works and what doesn't. Go try a little workout and then once you're there you will probably find the motivation to keep going. Get mad at your weight, not the losing process, and harness that energy! You CAN do this!

Kathie...way to go on that treadmill! I still can't imagine using weights but I did try the incline idea the other day (*checks butt to see if it has disappeared yet* Hmm...not exactly). It is awesome that you now have concrete evidence that exercise is good for you!

I'm still hanging with the low-cal day. I have done okay so far (if you don't count the cranky-pants attitude). I still have to eat dinner (soup) and a nectarine and some Goldfish. (Yes, Goldfish are carbs, salt, and processed out the ying yang...but there are 60 of those suckers in an ounce so I can really make 'em last!).

I am relating to all of you...thanks for your posts!

Cassie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.