Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Hmmmm... which is correct? >

Hmmmm... which is correct?

Community
Notices

Hmmmm... which is correct?

Old 09-13-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

I have a desk job too, and its hard to get much exercise in during the week! But it seems like you're doing good! Hang in there and wait to heal up! :]
Old 09-13-2010, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Starvation mode is triggered by caloric deficit (calories burned - calories eaten = caloric deficit) not just the calories eaten. If you have been very inactive because of your injury then the number of calories your body burns will be reduced and your calorie deficit will also not be as great as compared to when you are normally active. You may need to eat more as you become more active again.

The point that starvation mode is triggered can vary widely from person to person. The old myth that you should never eat less than 1200 calories a day is a generalization and does not apply to many. Instead use the Fitday tools to track your activity and intake and find the deficit that works for you.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

I just looked at some of your food log. It looks pretty good. I try to keep my protein intake at 30% of my calories. On the days you are under 30% you might consider a whey protein shake to up your protein. I have found when my protein is lower I don't lose as well. The protein also helps you hold onto muscle that you can lose when dieting.