Notices
Like Tree1Likes

A friend who doesn't gain weight

Old 07-13-2016, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default A friend who doesn't gain weight

I have a friend of mine who is working in night shifts but doesn't gain any weight. Thus, he even losses weight. Lol. What can you advice from that kind of situation?

Why I am here having problems on how to loss my weight and fats!
ibobi likes this.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

You don't say how busy your friend is on his job. It could be that he doesn't even have time to eat! He gets a few opportunities to eat, maybe, and he chooses foods that are not loaded with calories. Then, he goes home and he's tired. He makes the decision not to eat before he goes to sleep. He sleeps half the day and the only time when he has to worry about bad food choices is between waking up and getting ready for his shift.

Does he need advice? Does he want to gain weight? Sounds to me like he has a good situation!
Old 07-15-2016, 08:37 PM
FitDay Member

Yes. He badly wanted to gain weight but is lazy enough to join me in my workout. And you are correct, work consumed all of his time.

I am challenge to make a plan on how to help him or encourage in such a way he will workout with me.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default whatsapp for windows 8

Originally Posted by cspringer496
I have a friend of mine who is working in night shifts but doesn't gain any weight. Thus, he even losses weight. Lol. What can you advice from that kind of situation?

Why I am here having problems on how to loss my weight and fats!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 07-17-2016 at 12:59 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 07-24-2016, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

It's your food and beverage intake and your physical activity that ultimately determine how much you weigh, he's probably eating healthy despite having irregular schedule and his work involves physical activities that is making him lose weight.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:55 PM
FitDay Member

Hi dude, I am in the same position, we have 2 weeks off school and theres a fine girl i want to impress, over the last week I skipped lunch at school and kept the money for electronics =p
I have also been doing 60-120 sit ups per day, i am a large 60kg, I am 15, the top end of 9 stone

I can feel abs coming through, and my stomach going down
If you intend to have 3 meals per day here is what i advise

Breakfast - Bran flakes / Special k
Lunch- Tuna/salad/apple and slice of unbuttered bread/pear and piece of toast
Dinner -Wholemeal Pasta (it's brown and healthier) with any type of fish I advise Salmon, steam it and mix with the pasta, do not be tempted to add cheese
Old 07-25-2016, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cspringer496
Yes. He badly wanted to gain weight but is lazy enough to join me in my workout.
It feels like you have me on CCTV surveillance.

I am suffering from the exact same problem.

Due to an erratic college life, I skipped so many breakfasts, that it is practically out of habit now. Too lazy to eat. That lethargy has now culminated into a low appetite. Therefore, even if I eat something filling, I'm done for the day.

Does your friend also have a low appetite?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Some similar case is with my younger sister, she is also trying to gain some weight since few months and not succeeding. If anybody have any healthy advice or a diet plan to gain some weight please let me know..
Old 03-23-2017, 10:16 PM
FitDay Member

I also want to know the tips for weight gain. Please help!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

We can't say for sure how much our ancestors ate, but most likely there haven't been long periods of 'too much' food in our evolutionary history.

"We do know that frequent and extended famines in parts of the world have encouraged the evolution of the body's ability to store fat quickly and be very efficient in its use of fat (cellular energy) to do the work required for muscle exertion and maintenance of bodily functions," says Professor Michael Cowley, director of Monash University's Obesity and Diabetes Institute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.