Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
HELP Eating clean but don't wanna keep losing weight, already size 2 (XS) >

HELP Eating clean but don't wanna keep losing weight, already size 2 (XS)

Notices

HELP Eating clean but don't wanna keep losing weight, already size 2 (XS)

Old 05-09-2013, 08:41 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation HELP Eating clean but don't wanna keep losing weight, already size 2 (XS)

Dear Clean Eaters,

First of all, glad to be in this community and like to share that I love all the pure flavours eating clean has brought me, just love it!!!! Feel so much healthier and energetic already.

There is one mayor problem in my opinion to me eating clean! :s

I have never been carying around much weight and always have been al size 2, size 4. I Have started eating clean and cutting soft drinks for about a week right now but I'm losing weight PLUS my breasts SO FAST and that's not at all why I started and what I want. I started because I wanted to eath healthy and always have had digestive problems (stomach and belly pains) and noticed a lot of difference plus I wanted to start toning up.

Let me also inform you that I have an office job during the day but I do dance (jazz, Jacksondance, hiphop) 6 hours a week and started working on my abs at home recently.

I don't want to keep losing weight as my breasts are totally dissapearing but still want to tone up and eat clean. Please HELP me and let me know if there are any ways to do this?

Thank you so much!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think there's necessarily an eating disorder in play here, but I have to ask the obvious question: where's the mystery here? If you want to gain weight, you do the opposite of what you need to do to lose weight.

If you want to lose weight, you eat less and move more. Then, eat more and move less to gain weight.

You exercise 6 hours a week already? Tell me that you don't know you are in a distinct minority in the U.S. (at least) population - you actually expend energy on purpose with the idea of burning calories and maintaining muscle mass. And you're already a size 2 and you went the 'extra mile' to 'eat clean'? Then you are strictly controlling your calorie intake and output as much as you can.

So, then you ask: oops, I'm losing weight. I'm eating clean and I don't like what it's doing, especially losing breast size. So, where's the mystery?

You can 'eat clean' and just eat a lot more calories while still eating clean - lots more calories than you are eating now. Simply add more fats to your diet and you are practically there already.

The question suggests an eating disorder, but being a size two, you may simply be a small person and it's not an eating disorder at all. In which case, please forgive me for even suggesting the possibility. But the answer is still clear: you just eat more calories. You can cut down on the exercise, too, if you think that would help, but exercise is so beneficial, you don't need to do much other than switch from Jazz exercise, etc., to simple walking activities.

If these things don't work, and fairly quickly (it's easy to gain weight by eating more calories, unfortunately), then your doctor would be interested in finding out why!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Smile hope this helps

Hi, I would reccommend adding in healthy fats, if you havent already , organic raw nuts and seeds, avocados, etc. Also try eating organic peanut butter sandwiches.
Let me know if you have any other questions!! I love to help.
Sincerely,
KW
Old 05-31-2013, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mix up the carbs and eat fats

1) EAT MORE
Hun, if you are training 6 hours a week and you do not want to lose weight, you must start eating MORE. If you're training, you're burning calories even when you're not doing anything, so EAT. Please eat! And I hope you're stacking in the carbs, because a body without carbs won't function well. When you workout your body needs sugars, fats, carbs, and protein. You need to start treating your body differently. Immediately after a strength training workout, consume a milky protein shake or a chocolate milk shake. The choccie milk shake has loads of calories and good fats and your body NEEDS it. After a cardio workout, drink an electrolytes water (or celery is good because it's packed with water and sodium). When you sweat, you lose salts/ sodium from your body and you must replenish the stores. Also increase your portion sizes, and make sure you've got a nice balance of colour to your food (this will ensure you are eating the correct vitamins and minerals).

2) EAT CARBS AND FATS
Make sure you're eating lots of complex carbs MIXED with simple carbs (such a quinoa and potatoes) and healthy fats (almonds, olive oil, avocado, custard apples, milk, yoghurt)... When you mix complex and simple carbs, your body metabolizes the fuel better. Fats are also necessary for a woman's body to stay healthy. Plus, I know what you mean re: the boobs- I feel effeminate when I'm a surf board too

3) DRINK WATER AS WELL AS EATING WELL
When you drink water, it fills you up - you'll *feel* full. But you're not full. Don't let water fool you into thinking you're not hungry. Eat your meals, but drink water as well. Continue your water intake. Also be aware that plain ol' water may not be the solution. You may be losing sweat-weight (as mentioned above). You *NEEEEEED* to replenish salts lost during workouts.

[Advice from own experience, also train with a coach for long distance running]

Last edited by AutumnSadie; 05-31-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: better formatting, more info
Old 05-31-2013, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

I would make an appointment to talk to you doctor if you're losing weight and you don't know why.

Do you keep track of your calories eaten vs. calories burned?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

I think you can eat clean and still maintain your weight -- just eat more. More olive oil, organic butter, complex carbohydrates, proteins of choice. Are you not hungry for more food? Or are you eating 2,000 calories and still losing weight?

I had a friend with the same issue, but she was never hungry because of hypoglycemia.