Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012  Let's make this our best week this year. >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012 Let's make this our best week this year.

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012 Let's make this our best week this year.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
All them suckers are MIA. I know this because I'm staring at their backs as I hide behind them.

Oh Mike that made me LOL!!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Mern – I love your list of low-carb foods! Thanks for sharing. Way to go with the contractor. Sucks how he turned out to be so unreliable, but I really like how you and DH gave him the option to finish or just walk away. Congratulations on losing 1 lb last week! I bet you can do it again this week.

Joanna – Each day presents a new opportunity to make great choices. Last weekend is over and this week will be fantastic for you! You are awesome and you can do this!

Krystal – Plateau is broken? YAY! Great motivation to get moving on this week!

Mike – Do we need to create goals for you this week? You may not be happy with what we come up with… so get in the station wagon and let’s move! (Why do I feel like I am talking to DS…)

My Goals
Take Vitamin:
Log food:
Some form of exercise every day:
Be mindful of portion sizes:
Get 75% done with Christmas shopping:
Finish and mail family Christmas cards:

I reached my goal sometime last summer, and have done pretty good maintaining within a 3lb range but lately I am inching up over the top of that range more times than I should. I stopped logging last summer because all the logging I did to get down to my goal taught me a lot about what foods work for me to maintain a certain weight. That last sentence was a bunch of BS - The truth is I hate logging and have gotten really good at making stupid excuses… But lately I have been thinking about getting back to it and lowering my goal a few more lbs. So back to logging this morning, and weighing daily (starting tomorrow). This week will be busy though with work, travelling for work, training all day Thursday (who knows what will be served for lunch), and DS on Friday (can you say kid food?). I can pull it off but really need to crack-down and make good choices.

Soooo…. As Oprah once said (or something similar to the following)… Hunger is the feeling you get when your body is eating your thighs. Love that feeling! For me, if I accept hunger for just a few hours a day the weight really seems to drop pretty fast – so I’ll do my best.

Happy Monday My Dears!

Ama
5’6”, 40 yo

December 3rd: 5lbs to Goal
Old 12-03-2012, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Was a little stressed this morning. Annoyed that I thought we had decided we were going out shopping this morning and then she forgot. So...stressed equals stopping at coffee shop and having a muffin. I just didn't care. UGH!!

Jenn
Ohhh Jenn - I forgot you above, so sorry! Sorry to hear you were stressed this morning. I hope you get your shopping trip in soon! Nice goals this week! Good luck! Ama
Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

I am here but not doing well. Do you ever have times in your life when you feel like you can't get your feet under you in anything, no matter how hard you try? I have been running way behind on home stuff, work stuff, social stuff, parent stuff, animal stuff (yes, really!), and of course diet and exercise stuff. If I give attention to something, I get even further behind on the others. So frustrating!

I don't even know whether to go with a couple basic goals or go back to tried and true to get back into the routine. Aaargh! But I know staying away isn't the answer, so I'll start with this:

1. Check in and post daily.
2. Log everything!

Today is already crazy; I got a call from the school nurse about an accident in the chem room with my kid and my MIL is arriving momentarily and I am somehow past caring about whether the house is picked up or not .

I hope all of you are doing well!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Mike – Do we need to create goals for you this week? You may not be happy with what we come up with… so get in the station wagon and let’s move! (Why do I feel like I am talking to DS…)
This week already started off bad when I went to the store this morning and picked up a "Christmas" King Cake. I'm trying to find the motivation. I know I need to get busy, I have another 1/2 marathon around the corner, then another with Tori, after that.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: Thanks for the kudos, though I don't feel like I deserve them. I'm at the point where the calories and the exercise isn't a problem for me now, just the Other stuff... I looked back at my cholesterol and I have been going up lately. I should make that one of the goals, even if I already busted over the limit on the Monday. Seems there's a few schools of dietary thought wrt cholesterol, too. Some say that if you eat a low cholesterol diet your body produces more to make up for that. I certainly don't subscribe to that viewpoint, but I haven't been doing anything to limit my intake, either.

Joanne: Just log it all and make up the binge by cutting back this week.

Cassie: Yes, I have had times when I can't seem to get my feet under me, sometimes literally. Don't care what your MIL thinks! If you're still standing you're at least doing something right. My advice is: change your signature line -- don't be afraid (to look), be strong, log your food, and face the world head on.

Mike: There is no such thing as a 'Christmas' King Cake! King Cake season does not start until Epiphany! If They start doing to Epiphany what They've done to Christmas -- moving the start of the season up by a month every year -- soon you'll be telling us you bought 'Halloween' King Cake. Then, I will totally loose my sanity, and likely take a hammer to inappropriate things, like cakes! What's next! Just don't tell me there's not only a baby in the cake, but Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Sheesh!

Gotta go -- will post goals later!

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 12-03-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Goals

• Calories < 1600:
  • Protein > 50g:
  • Fats < 30%:
  • Cholesterol < 200mg:
  • Exercise minutes:
  • I am Thankful For:

Last edited by dmartz; 12-03-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Protein greater than 50 grams.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Oh Mike that made me LOL!!
Well it looks like I'm stuck behind Tori now.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Donna, for being The Voice of Reason that Mike and I apparently sorely need

Hmm, checking in:
1. Check in and post daily. Yes
2. Log everything! Yes

Well. I met two goals!! I think I need to add another that's been getting me into real trouble lately:

3. No trigger foods! None

No time for a workout today, but I did super on calories and got all my fiber in, too. I guess if I can take care of the big stuff, the small stuff will take care of itself, to an extent.

I hope to have time to catch up tomorrow (but won't be on till late afternoon), though as an aside I have to say that Donna's king cake rant was inspired and it is good to see everyone again .
Old 12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry if this is huge. When I post pics from my phone (photobucket app doesn't give a thumbnail option)

Donna, it was just a baby. I was a little dissapointed, I thought Jesus in a KING cake would have been fitting.
There aren't many places that do king cakes year round so when you find a king cake... whether it's black and gold, green and red or the "traditional" colors, you get it while you can. So when it's December and you find a king cake that's red and green, I don't know what to call it other than a Christmas king cake. Can't really call it a "Holiday" king cake because not all holidays have the same colors. I guess if it were in October and I found an orange and black one, I'd call it a Halloween king cake. So if Christmas king cake isn't an appropriate name for it, I'll take suggestions. If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't that great.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-03-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.