Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread beginning 10/29/12

Old 11-01-2012, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm in. I'll think of some goals. Speaking of track, I went to the racetrack yesterday and even though my race went up I ran my fastest time.

My buy week is over, I bought my ticket for the NOLA Rock N Roll Marathon. No more big purchases (unless a sledge hammer is expensive).

1) Split firewood
2) Gallon of water
3) 3 servings of fruit/veggies
What the heck are you doing splitting firewood??? lol
Old 11-01-2012, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Spent the day catching up on everything after being gone; I think everything is under control, including my diet. Was good on Halloween except for some mulled cider that has a bit of brown sugar in it. Better that than chocolate, I guess!

Hope, So glad everything is ok with you and your family. Our home was hit by a tornado a few years back and we were without power for 5 days. I remember vividly that first hot shower! Made my coffee and heated water on my gas grill to wash up for nearly a week. We lost 26 70' plus trees on our property. But, thanks to an army of volunteers with chainsaws, we were able to recover fairly quickly. I'll never forget the kindness of total strangers who knocked on our door, offered their help and worked so incredibly hard.

1. Calories under 1200; no exceptions. <1000
2. No bread, cheese, deep-fried, etc. Cheese pizza for supper
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes
4. 3-5 fruits and veggies a day. 3
5. Hike, weather permitting. 40 mph winds!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
What the heck are you doing splitting firewood??? lol
Y'all have never split firewood? I picked up a couple trees worth of oak the was cut but not split. I figured I'd slit it, put it on a stand and maybe buy 1/8 cord of seasoned oak and put it on top. By the time I make it down to the fresher stuff, maybe it'll burn. Well that's the plan.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Y'all have never split firewood? I picked up a couple trees worth of oak the was cut but not split. I figured I'd slit it, put it on a stand and maybe buy 1/8 cord of seasoned oak and put it on top. By the time I make it down to the fresher stuff, maybe it'll burn. Well that's the plan.
Yep...everyone puts up firewood around here. I just thought in NO you ran around in shorts and flip-flops all year long!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

It gets cold some every year. Usually high 20's to low 30's. If nothing else a fire might help me with some brown chicken brown cow.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
A bit of redemption on Halloween
DS had a blast hanging out with a ton of kids!
Catching-up with good friends and neighbors!
Knowing it's okay to blow it on food every once in a while - as long as I get back on track the next day!
I like your redemptions!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 AM

1. Goal is less than 1600 calories/day.
No...closer (1913), very close 1677! Waaaay out of control. I succeeded...1473!
2. Continue logging all food no matter how ugly it gets.
did it! yep. yes. yes.
3. Take meds 2x day on time.
yes! yes! did it. only took a.m.
4. Weigh & measure everything.
yes! did good. yes. yes.

Plan for the day:
Breakfast:
Oatmeal, milk, stevia, brown sugar, raisins

Lunch:
Bagel thin, 2 eggs, mayo

Dinner:
Taco salad with lots of good stuff on it.

Snacks:
Popcorn, Skinny Cow ice cream cup

I know I will go over my calories today since the taco salad has a LOT of calories alone, but was it mern who suggested using averages? (sorry if i can't remember the correct person). So, I was under yesterday and I'll be over today. But even with averages I still will be over some at the end of the week. I'll just try harder next week. I'll get there.

Hope everyone has a really great day!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

:Slinking in with my head covered in shame: Soooo, I made goals but haven't done much by them. The only thing I've really accomplished is not killing anyone at work. I've got to get back on track, the pants are starting to get a little bit snug. WHN loves to cook....he's gonna be my downfall. But dammit, he's so handsome and sweet and how can a girl turn down a home cooked meal???! His other sister is coming in to town this afternoon, and I'm pretty sure there will be burgers and hotdogs in my near future. Oh well, there's always next week.....
Old 11-02-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

Really motivated for the first time in months to keep up my healthy eating through the weekend. Perhaps the biggest motivating factor is that I will be seeing people over Thanksgiving that I haven't seen since I lost my original 30 lbs. They were very negative back then saying that it was inevitable that I would put it all back on and then some.

In reality, out of the 30 lbs., I have gained 8 lbs. back and that damage was largely done recently. So, I have to prove them wrong and, at least, get as close to goal as possible before then.

Time to start the day and the minefield otherwise known as the weekend...

quinn
Old 11-02-2012, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Is there any room in your group for a girl who dropped out about 6 weeks ago? I haven't logged in about 3 months other than my weight.

A brief update...Once I hit the point where I lost 100 lbs, I relaxed a bit and started to not exercise as often and eat poorly more often. I was keeping my weight in check. Then it started to creep up. At one point towards the end of Septemeber I hit 242lbs (a 12-13 lb gain from my lowest!). I can say that since then...in one month...I have fought back down to 236.8lbs. Still not where I wanted to be and definitely not where I would need to be to meet the 200lbs for Christmas goal realistically.

So I know what I need to do. During the month of October, I worked out all but 3 days of the month. That helped a lot and my toning is possibly better than it was at my lowest weight of 229. Now I have to get back to eating healthy snacks instead of ice cream 3-4 times a week. It's those little things that creep back into your habits when you aren't really looking.

The new job is good. I am still kind of learning the ropes of collections. I joke and say that I bring customer service to the collections department because credit has a reputation for being mean and that isn't me at all. I am told that I am doing very well and they wouldn't trade me in so I guess that's good. I just told my boss that I can't wait to be good at my job again. LOL ... I am still doing coverage for days off at my old job too. The next 6 weeks I have to work there on Wednesday. That gets stressful going back & forth between the two positions and I have voiced that opinion. The new person to do the backup is supposed to be able to take over in January. We shall see

So what has been going on with all of you??? And Hi to anyone that I haven't met yet, You'll see that I am a huge talker! LOL Anyway I hope to be able to start making goals again starting Monday and may not get right back into logging but just talking to you guys daily helps me out so much and I have been missing it like crazy. I think I am more settled in my new job that I can hop on here and make a post and read during the day now....I hope!

I updated my avatar but since it is little I will attach the original file for you guys too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
meANDchloe.jpg (83.9 KB, 7 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.