FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread 10/15/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8393-7-day-motivational-thread-10-15-12-a.html)

jjrudd 10-15-2012 01:34 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread 10/15/12

Good morning weekly warriors. I guess I will start us off this week.

I will only be here until Fri so my goals for 5 days will be
1. Keep carbs and protein in check 140/60
2. Eat 4 servings of fruits and veggies
3. Drink 6 glasses of water!!
4. Exercise for 30 min 5x

Personal goal is to make sure house is clean before we go away for weekend.

Since we all seem to be stressed and maybe frustrated I'm going to challenge you to finish this sentence
My best feature is...(my eyes)

Jenn

frenchhen3 10-15-2012 01:57 AM

I'm in this week!!

Thanks for starting the thread Jenn!

1. water- 64oz a day.
2. weigh and measure my food and log it!
3. Order pig meat for the winter.
4. vacuum the carpet 5 times this week.
5. complete the mountain of ironing.
6. sew my darling's waders.

This cooler weather is bad on my water intake. It is easy to drink water when it is 100 degrees or so, but cooler days I must be mindful...

ToriD1012 10-15-2012 02:33 AM

Jenn--way to start it off! I LOVE the "my best feature" challenge. I think a lot of us need that boost as of late. I know that I do. So....My best feature is (are) my boobs. I <3 them and when I'm dressing for anywhere other than work or working out, its usually what I try to play up the most. I always say, if you've got 'em, flaunt 'em :p

I probably won't be around much this week. Getting ready to go get WHN now!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!! I think Bubba may be making me some BS goals for the week.

01gt4.6 10-15-2012 02:52 AM

Good morning my beautiful ladies... and Ron!

01gt4.6 10-15-2012 03:45 AM

I guess I should get around to making some goals for me and my lil sis!

Me
Heath & Fitness
1. Lose 1 pound (starting at 185.4)
2. Log everything (except for 1 cheat day)
3. -3000 calories (not including my cheat day)
4. 4 serving of fruits and veggies

Other
5. Clean my car
6. Write 2 policies
7. Build doors for shed
Tori
1. Get some good brown chicken, brown cow (no limit on this)
2. Laugh until you cry (2 times)
3. Sleep in late (at least twice)
4. Don't forget about JC
5. Don't forget about Bubba

cjohnson728 10-15-2012 04:03 AM

Morning, all.

Thanks for starting us off, Jenn.

Tori, enjoy this day you've waited for for so long! Happy for you :).

Well, it wasn't the greatest weekend for me food and exercise-wise, but I sure did have fun. Now the celebrations and chaos are over and it's time to get down to business. And there certainly are not 40 buttercream candies still left in the fridge in the basement, no there are not.

1. Calories fewer than 1200.
2. Exercise 7 hours, at least.
3. Log everything; post daily.
4. Sleep 7 hours.
5. Drink water.
6. Take vitamins and supplements.
7. Eat clean.
8. Just do it (this weekend).

bojibridge 10-15-2012 04:26 AM

Hullo!

I did go for that walk yesterday - met a friend for coffee. It was good to get out in the sunshine.

Thanks, Mike, I thought I'd update the picture since I cut my hair a bit ago...

01gt4.6 10-15-2012 04:33 AM

Cassie, it's back to the grind time for us.

Joanna, It looks good on you!

Mern, Quinniepoo and the others.... where are y'all?

rpmcduff 10-15-2012 05:49 AM

Goals:
Calories < 1700:
Workout at least 3 times:
Protien > 30%:
Hit my mini-goal of 220#:

Best feature... Triceps.

Missed my workout goal last week. Guess it was a little unrealistic with having to setup for the Gun Show on Friday and my Daughter and grandkids staying at my house for the weekend as well.

Mike; Thanks for remembering me this week! You didn't say your best feature?
Tori; Hope your time with WHN is great!!
Joanna; Glad you got out for the walk!

Everyone; Just be a little better this week than last week!

01gt4.6 10-15-2012 06:05 AM

Oh Ron, I forgot about that. My best feature would be my pimp walk.:D Nah, I think my best feature has always been my legs.

dmartz 10-15-2012 06:21 AM

Best Feature!

I'm not a regular here, but could use some motivation.

Goals:
  • Eat my vegetables! Aim for better carbs
  • Work out at least 5 times for at least 40 minutes.
  • Do at least 10 consecutive 'touch nose' push-ups (on toes).
  • Knock at least two items off my To-Do list.
  • Hold at my current weight. (I've met my 'stretch' goal.)
Best Feature (tie):
  • My hair
  • My (recently) thin waist.

nadinchen 10-15-2012 08:28 AM

good evening! (yes, it's past 10pm here :))

So, I kind of officially gave up about last week and did nothing exercise-wise. I needed the weekend to recover from my workweek and was sooo tired and felt weak most of the time. But now I am better. :)

my goals:

keep carbs and protein at least even Mon
drink 1.5 to 2l every day Mon
go to zumba course on Monday Mon
(will have to miss Drums Alive again this week because I have an appointment and won't make it in time :( )
do the 30 DS on 4 days a week

buy clothes so I can run when the weather is as it is now.
keep kitchen tidy not too bad
not to work until 1 at night again because it obviously really messes up my mood and my biorhythm (I have to be careful with that).

That challenge is a terrific idea! I certainly need it :) My best feature is my hair (and my eyes).

01gt4.6 10-15-2012 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 90485)

Goals:
  • Hold at my current weight. (I've met my 'stretch' goal.)
Best Feature (tie):
  • My hair
  • My (recently) thin waist.

Welcome aboard. A thin waste is a nice asset, I could stand to lose a couple more inches on mine. :(
Do at least 10 consecutive 'touch nose' push-ups (on toes) sounds good. No rubber necking to stretch out to touch your nose to the floor. ;)

amalthea1892 10-15-2012 10:46 AM

Wishful thinking goals
  • Lots of H2O:
  • Avoid the left-over cheesecake as much as humanly possible:
  • Avoid processed foods as much as possible:
  • Don’t freak out at/about work (insanely busy)…:
  • Try to get to the gym (lots of roadblocks this week during normal gym time):
  • Lose the 1 lb I gained last week:

Ok – I said I would try to have a vegetarian weekend, but then my dear Korean friend show up for a get-together Saturday night toting 40lbs of Galbi (marinated beef short-ribs), all ready to BBQ! So I blew it in high fashion! Three glasses of wine and as much BBQ and rice as I could fit in. Also, I managed to give away all the cheesecake from DH B-Day party from last week… then a guest shows up Saturday with an entire new cheesecake, the exact one I had just cleared out (variety pack of like 16 pieces, 2 of each flavor). Didn’t see it until the next morning - It was like total weird de-ja-vu. So I set cheesecake on the front porch for the landscapers this morning, plan to take some to work to give away. My folks could use a few pieces (but Mom just started WW so maybe I shouldn’t). I could toss some off the back porch… Or I could just throw it away – why is it so hard to throw food away?

So this week I need to lose at least 1 lb! :D Ama

Best feature... hmmm... too many to count! LOL!

ToriD1012 10-15-2012 12:51 PM

Just letting everyone know, WHN got in safe. His bags, not so much :( But we're all safe and sound now. We got back to the house around 3:30 then went to dinner. Then we went to TWM and got some groceries. We're now sitting watching TV. I'm pretty much the happiest woman EVER!!!! My heart has finally been returned to me. :)

Will catch up with y'all later

01gt4.6 10-15-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 90496)
Just letting everyone know, WHN got in safe. His bags, not so much :( But we're all safe and sound now. We got back to the house around 3:30 then went to dinner. Then we went to TWM and got some groceries. We're now sitting watching TV. I'm pretty much the happiest woman EVER!!!! My heart has finally been returned to me. :)

Will catch up with y'all later

For those of you that have no idea what Tori just said. Let me break it down for you... her man made it in safely from Germany. They went to "The" Walmart to get some grub and now it's time for some brown chicken brown cow.

cjohnson728 10-15-2012 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 90499)
now it's time for some brown chicken brown cow.

I admit I had to look that up when you put it in her goals this morning.

Nice of you not to put a limit on it ;).

Tori, so glad to hear how happy you are. It's been some long months, girlfriend. Enjoy!

01gt4.6 10-15-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 90500)
I admit I had to look that up when you put it in her goals this morning.

Nice of you not to put a limit on it ;).

Tori, so glad to hear how happy you are. It's been some long months, girlfriend. Enjoy!

Haha! I was asking her this morning if she thought that many of y'all would know what it meant. She thought that you may because (according to her) your mind can end up in the gutter.

cjohnson728 10-15-2012 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 90504)
Haha! I was asking her this morning if she thought that many of y'all would know what it meant. She thought that you may because (according to her) your mind can end up in the gutter.

Nah, I'm just good at acronyms full of swear words :p.

cjohnson728 10-15-2012 03:49 PM

Well, crap

Wish my week had gotten off to a better start...but tomorrow is another day:

1. Calories fewer than 1200. 1241
2. Exercise 7 hours, at least.
3. Log everything; post daily. Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. 6
5. Drink water. Yes
6. Take vitamins and supplements. Forgot calcium
7. Eat clean. Yes
8. Just do it (this weekend).

Closing it down; hope everyone had a great day. I know Tori did!

rpmcduff 10-15-2012 03:53 PM

Monday results

GOALS
Calories < 1700: 1524
3 Workouts: NO
Protein at least 30%: 28%

Tori: I didn't get the Brown Chicken Brown Cow reference till I saw the video. :o Hope you have a great week!!!!

01gt4.6 10-15-2012 03:55 PM

Cassie, how ironic... I'm good at USING them!;)

Ron, I was being very nice this week when I made her goals. :)

ToriD1012 10-15-2012 07:46 PM

Ohhhh, the Germany time is gonna be the death of me this week. Hopefully he won't take too long to get readjusted. It's currently 3:43 am and he's cooking bacon, eggs and grits. There'll probably be toast too. I am gonna gain SO much weight this week if he keeps this up :(.

Jajajajajaja, I guess me and Bubba are the only ones with dirty minds, who didn't have to look up Brown Chicken Brown Cow to actually know what it means :o:eek::o

Gonna go eat breakfast and then pass back out for a few more hours

ToriD1012 10-15-2012 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 90494)
Best feature... hmmm... too many to count! LOL!

hahahahaha I was gonna list more, but the challenge for me was to ONLY list one :p

cjohnson728 10-16-2012 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 90514)
I am gonna gain SO much weight this week if he keeps this up :(.

Surely you can think of a way to burn some calories!?!?!?!?

ToriD1012 10-16-2012 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 90517)
Surely you can think of a way to burn some calories!?!?!?!?

well.....yeah. Goal #1 is definitely taking care of some of it :cool:

frenchhen3 10-16-2012 01:39 AM

1. water- 64oz a day.M
2. weigh and measure my food and log it!M
4. vacuum the carpet 5 times this week. M
5. complete the mountain of ironing.
6. sew my darling's waders.

Glad to see everyone happy and feeling good! I am really going to attack my list today. I've got to get those waders done!!!

jjrudd 10-16-2012 01:58 AM

I will only be here until Fri so my goals for 5 days will be
1. Keep carbs and protein in check 140/60 Mon-yes
2. Eat 4 servings of fruits and veggies NO
3. Drink 6 glasses of water!! yes--had to because I had bloodwork this morning
4. Exercise for 30 min 5x Mon-20 min on Step Aerobics burned 200 calories (or so it said) and I was sweating. It's a pretty fast routine

Had to go for fasting bloodwork so had big breakfast.

Jenn

01gt4.6 10-16-2012 03:22 AM

Heath & Fitness
1. Lose 1 pound (starting at 185.4)
2. Log everything (except for 1 cheat day) yes (but it looked like a cheat day)
3. -3000 calories (not including my cheat day) -1
4. 4 serving of fruits and veggies no

Other
5. Clean my car no
6. Write 2 policies 0
7. Build doors for shed no

rpmcduff 10-16-2012 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 90515)
hahahahaha I was gonna list more, but the challenge for me was to ONLY list one :p

Didn't you actually list 2?? :D Thanks for giving us something to talk about (besides food) this week!!

Mike; I'm trying to understand your "-3000 calorie" goal. Does that mean 3000 calorie deficit for the week or less than 3000 a day or ????

amalthea1892 10-16-2012 07:34 AM

Raising my hand! - I don't know what brown chicken brown cow is... and since I am at work I refuse to click the link to tell me all about it :). I'll try to get enlightened at home tonight. But I'll ask DH first though since he is one of ya'll southern folk (is it a southern thing?)!

Food is not too bad so far this week. The landscapers love the cheesecake, so I gave away 4 more slices this morning (left in a cooler on the porch that is). Only 5 slices left to distribute! And I will not eat any of them (solemn vow to myself).

I really need to cut back on the bread though... too many sandwiches lately and they each take 2 slices. Sucks to look back and see 4 slices of bread in my log each day...

Tonight flu shots for me and DS. Tomorrow work my butt off another day. Thursday pumpkin patch trip with the preschool. Friday off. I am looking forward to the end of this week!

Happy Tuesday everyone! :D Ama

jjrudd 10-16-2012 08:35 AM

Not logging today as my numbers would be totally out of whack. Had eggs, hashbrowns and toast for breakfast this morning. Salad for lunch (@2pm so I'm not sure if it's still considered lunch).
Tomorrow I will be eating at my regular schedule and will try to incorporate more fruits and veggies and get some exercise in.

Jenn

jjrudd 10-16-2012 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 90499)
For those of you that have no idea what Tori just said. Let me break it down for you... her man made it in safely from Germany. They went to "The" Walmart to get some grub and now it's time for some brown chicken brown cow.

Had a chance to watch the video.:eek:
You southern folks are funny!!

Jenn

01gt4.6 10-16-2012 09:36 AM

Ron, yeah I want to be deficient by 3000 calories for the week (not including the day I don't log).

Jenn, according to Tori, I'm not southern enough.

adyndravo1 10-16-2012 05:09 PM

:) Hi everyone, My name is Nyda, and this is the first time I have posted on this thread. I am unemployed at this time,but hope I may have a job soon.
I have been getting out in my yard and flowers lot this last summer until August and then the smoke was so heavy around here there were warnings not to go out unless have too. I have lost the same 10 pounds over and over. This last month saw me breaking out of those 10 to go lower I am now at 258.5. I want to lose more weight by my birthday in december.

Goals this week
1. get a JOB
2 drink my water
3 eat more fruits and veggies
4 get out and walk at least twice

The wind was blowoing about 30 miles and hour with gust upwards to 40 + with rain , so did not walk today. and my best5 feature is my legs.

nadinchen 10-16-2012 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 90540)
Raising my hand! - I don't know what brown chicken brown cow is...

same here. I checked the urban dictionary for it ;)

I really need to cut back on the bread though... too many sandwiches lately and they each take 2 slices. Sucks to look back and see 4 slices of bread in my log each day...
uh, I have the same problem, so I try not to buy bread (and we have such great kinds of bread, here!). But when I am traveling one of the few things you get everywhere is sandwiches and baguettes etc. with all kinds of spreads. and I really love them. I'll indulge in them tomorrow :p

adyndravo1

Welcome! and good luck finding a job soon! Job hunting sucks. As much as I hate my job now and then (ok, quite often) I am glad that I currently don't have to look for another one. I feel with you.

nadinchen 10-16-2012 05:30 PM

my goals:

keep carbs and protein at least even Mon, Tue
drink 1.5 to 2l every day Mon, Tue
go to zumba course on Monday Mon
go to Drums Alive course in Wednesday (appointment cancelled for me! :))
do the 30 DS on 4 days a week

buy clothes so I can run when the weather is as it is now.
keep kitchen tidy Mon: not too bad, Tue
not to work until 1 at night again because it obviously really messes up my mood and my biorhythm (I have to be careful with that).

dmartz 10-17-2012 12:26 AM

Current status:

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 90485)

Goals:
    • Broccoli raw & cooked, spiced carrot soup, zucchini w/tomato
    • Lots of fresh fruit
    • Mon & Tues: TRX, Pilates. Today: Burbees & jump rope
    • On knees. no problem, off knees, problem [1-2 inch(s) off floor]
    • Started, very little progress...
  • Hold at my current weight.
    • Averaging 1400 cals.

frenchhen3 10-17-2012 01:40 AM

1. water- 64oz a day.M, T
2. weigh and measure my food and log it!M,T
4. vacuum the carpet 5 times this week. M,
5. complete the mountain of ironing.DONE!
6. sew my darling's waders. Almost done, just the last bit!

ToriD1012 10-17-2012 02:09 AM

Ron--They're a set, just like those who listed their eyes as their best feature. It's considered one :) And I'm glad I could give y'all something to talk about :p

Mike--you KNOW you're not as southern as me. I got this southern thing in the bag.

As for everyone else--if you haven't had a chance to check the Brown Chicken Brown Cow video, give yourself a few minutes to check it out. It's worth the time, for the laugh you'll get.

As far as my goals.....

Tori
1. Get some good brown chicken, brown cow (no limit on this)--it's a good thing there's not a limit :cool:
2. Laugh until you cry (2 times)--1 down, 1 to go
3. Sleep in late (at least twice)--not so much yesterday because of the 3:30 breakfast, YES finally...took melatonin to accomplish it, but I got some really good sleep last night
4. Don't forget about JC--gonna go see her today
5. Don't forget about Bubba--is there any way TO forget about Bubba?