Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 10/1/12: Happy October!

Old 10-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

You can do it, Jenn. Eyes on the prize, girl!

Tori, hope you get some down time .

1. Eat "cleaner." - step it up a notch. Yes, About the same as I usually do
2. 1200 calories max. 1182, 1192
3. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 30 min.
4. Sleep 7 hours per night. Yes, No-6
5. Log it all, and don't disappear no matter how busy! Yes, Yes
6. Focus on the positive. One of the cats threw up twice, but it was the same color as my new carpet...that's positive, right? Pretty good today
Old 10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS:
Calories < 1700:1606, 1655
Workout 3 Times:YES, NOProtein 30% of calories:37%, 26%
Too many French Fries (homemade) and salty snakes. Kept calories in line but missed my Protein goal.
My macro nutrients today were:
Protein 26%
Fat 44%
Carbs 30%
Old 10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
salty snakes.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
HELLO!! I haven't fallen off the wagon....yet
NAH, no plans on falling off this week. Or next week. I would have loved to check in earlier, but I had my normal "Hell Day" of a Tuesday at work. Busy busy busy!!
same here!
long long day yesterday and overhours because I needed to get something done because today is a holiday.

but now I am here and I have to tell you: IT is 8:46 am here and I am having my morning coffee... and I have already been out for half an hour, 20min of which I have been running. for the first time in 8 years or so. (I had planned to run for 30min but whatever. I did it.)

exercise:
  • do the 30-day shred at least 4 days this week Tue
  • Zumba course on Mon yes
  • go swimming once this week -> no swimming anytime soon my tankini arrived yesterday and the top fits nicely and has a wonderful turquoise color. but the panties.... I need to lose another 6 pounds to show them in public (Or actually not that much but now I have a new colleage, an intern, and he goes swimming and I am too embarrassed that I might meet him Only if he starts this German classes we talked about I can go because I know when they are, so I have a window)
  • start running: run at least on one day this week Tue

eating:
make a meal plan for every weekday and log it (and stick to it) Mon: yes, Tue yes
more protein than carbs on at least 5 days (wednesday is a holiday so that's definitely excluded) Mon: yes, Tue yes
eat at least 22gr of fiber Mon: yes Tue: yes
drink at least 1l every day, 1.5l if vigorous exercise done (would that be enough?) Mon: at least 2l, Tue: probably not

anything else:
keep kitchen tidy. Mon: yes, Tue yes (did the dishes and cleaned the counter)

I ate too little yesterday, though. basically I had only kohlrabi in the evening and that was almost before bed. I came home late and wasn't hungry of feeling like eating because I was tired in a very low mood.
I thought I'll try out a Denise Austin workout but was frustrated with it because I she alternates movements so quickly and I am always behind since she rarely announces that. So I returned to the Shred and decided yesterday to be the last day for level 1 and to start with level 2 today. and I felt better after that and even prepared the dough for the cake I am baking this morning.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
I would have to put a No beside my goals for yesterday Carbs weren't too bad but they were over. I did get all the dishes done--including crockpot and extras. Still need to wipe off counters but it's definetely a good start.

Cassie I hope you feel better soon. I know vertigo isn't fun. Good job meeting your goals amalthea and nadinchen.
thank you!

I hope you wiped the counters off, still?

I find it surpring that many others have this issue with the kitchen.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
haha, well I guess I should explain the story for those that weren't here last year. Last year a friend of mine asked if I wanted to do the Susan G Komen 5k. He didn't figure I would since I've never had any family members affected by breast cancer... but I figured what that hell, might as well. I did it just to try to raise some money. I think we had 10 people on our team and the team goal was $1000. We were all supposed to try to raise $100 each. As soon as I signed up, I made a donation, then I got my company to match it. So then I had this bright idea of trying to raise $1k myself. That's when I turned to the ladies here. I told them that if I reached $1k, I'd wear a pink shirt and make a YT video thanking them. It's amazing how many of them wanted to see me humiliate myself on YT! I decided to kick it up a notch and said that if I hit $3k I would shave my legs and wear a tennis skirt on YT. Towards the end I was getting close to the $1k mark so I offered to match pledges. I was taken up on that as well. I never got close enough to hitting my $3k (secondary) goal but there is always next year.

It was funny when we met up for the day of the race because I didn't know hardly anyone on the team. When I introduced myself, all the girls were like "So you're the guy on our team that was raiding all that money!". They asked how I did it and I told them that I had a really great group of friends that wanted to back me.

I will say that I don't wear pink. I'm not one of those guys that says "I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to wear pink.", I'm one of those guys that says "I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality so that I don't have to wear pink in order to convince others!"

In all fairness, I did make the video as I said I would. I thanked my pledges, wearing pink. I missed Terri so I went back made a follow up video. I did not know that Cassie made a donation (because it could routed to another account) so I missed her.

I hounded the ladies relentlessly, not only to donate but to do self exams. It was during that time that one of our members discovered she had a lump, I don't remember it being anything major, but she thanked me for the wake up call, and that made it all worth it to me!
wow! that's a cool thing to do!

and I need to google how to do a self exam.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrsrainh2o
Since the first lesson it's been part of my day for over a year now and I still lerve it.
Cassie saw my post with "salty snakes". LOL, was of course meant to be snacks.

So thought I would call you on the "lerve" (Assuming you meant "love".)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. carb, protein 140/60 Mon-NO, Tues-almost 138/65, Wed-145/65
2. drink the water!--at least 6 cups Mon and Tues NO, Wed-yes
3. exercise 5x for at least 30 min Mon-No, Tues and Wed--YES
4. cut back lawn cut half--need to pick up sticks and walnuts before cutting the rest

Personal goals
1. keep kitchen tidy BIG YES!!
2. organize writing
3. Don't beat myself up if I'm not as good as I should be on eating habits 7 days a week

Got 83% on Wii Sports Active 2 for my workout. I was sweating when I was done. A full body workout with boxing, resistance bands, running and lunges. I can use free weights with it too I just haven't figured how to set that up yet (just started using it).

Jenn
Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Goals week of October1st

1 – Lots of H2O. Y, Y, Y, Y
2 – Lots of Veggies. Y, Y, Y, Y
3 – Limit meat. Y (just a little fish was all), Y, Y, Y
4 – Limit processed foods. Y (pasta was all), Sort of, Y, Y
5 – No food after 7pm. Y, No (DH cooked and did not serve din din until 7:30), Y
6 – Work lots of hours! Mostly Y, Y, Y, Y
7 – In order to tackle my ongoing battle with procrastination, embrace the motto “just do it and don’t worry if it’s not perfect.” Tackle one thing each day. M – Ordered drapery rods and rings (only took a year to do this…). T - Finished a memo I had been struggling with for weeks. W - Nothin', Th - Nothin' (so far...)...

Ron - You'd be proud of me - I increased my free weights by 5 lbs! Did less reps for sure, but it felt good. I'll try it for a few weeks and if all goes well I can try to up it more.

No time to read all posts tonight, but tomorrow I am off work so can hopefully catch-up. Can't believe there are only 4 pgs of posts so far this week...?

Ama
Old 10-03-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Health & Fitness
1) Lose 1% (1.77#)
2) 84.5oz of water/day (she'll have to put on her WT panties for this, but I have faith)--84.5, 84.5, ?
3) Walk 4 miles (she should have nice weather)--0, 0, 0

Other
DONE!!!4) Buy that 1 item she needs before her man gets home--it's done. I've been putting it off, but it's finally done
5) Post something she is grateful for, daily--Monday: for my family, all of them. Whether by birth or by choosing, they're pretty much amazing. Tuesday: for the Jassi Cat, she never ceases to make me smile. Wednesday: for finding that 1 special item that I needed before my man comes home (IN 11 DAYS!!! close enough to 11)....also, for listening to reason, pulling up my WT panties and GETTING IT DONE!
6) Be prepared for all hell to break loose, from me and her man this week **a disclaimer** hell isn't going to break loose between Bubba and my man, but separately--Monday: no hell yet Tuesday: so far so good Wednesday: still good

Sorry I've been MIA again today. It was Shop-a-palooza 2012. I spent a grand total of $227, not including gas money or food. But it's $227 well spent. I got a lot of stuff today, not just that 1 item I needed. I'm riding the wave of euphoria that is known as Retail Therapy. Just can't wait to see WHN's face when he sees that 1 item

Night Y'all!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.