Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

Old 08-16-2012, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I don't care if he has to give me a shot of something. I need them gone! How can I go enjoy camping when I'm itching to death?
I had terrible poison ivy a few years back and the doc gave me a cortisone shot and a steroid pack...cleared it right up. I hope they find a solution for you, quick!

Hope to get back a bit later to catch up. Another work crisis, down a doc again, and so logging and good habits fell apart the past two days . Back on the wagon I go!

Judi, good news on your son, and so sorry to hear life threw you a curve. Here's to hoping that you can get through it quickly and with few scars. {{Hugs}} and hopes that things will work out okay for you.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-16-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hives update ... They are still there. Maybe a little less inflamed than they were. But I have smaller ones on my elbows, knees & hands now too and one stubborn one trying to form on my eyelid (GRRR!). Went to the doctor and he said there is no known cause for them and no reason to search for a cause unless they are reoccurring and medicine doesn't work on them. He said to stop the benadryl since I am so sleepy and use claritin instead. I have to take it for 2 weeks straight even if they go away tomorrow still take it. If they aren't gone after 2 weeks just keep taking the claritin until they are gone. He also looked at my tattoo and said that everyone is wrong. It is not infected. It is a little drier than it should be but to put antibiotic cream on and that will solve that. I told him the reason for the tat and he checked his records and in his computer my weight was 328 last I was there. We had a nice discussion about losing weight slowly being beneficial to my health in the long run and how losing too quickly is rarely sustainable. I mentioned to him the BMI chart and that I don't want to look like a stick. His only comment was that if I am eating right and exercising then my body will become the size that it should be on it's own. It's a side effect of living healthy.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, welcome home! Well, we know you can afford to indulge in some high cal treats until after Labor Day and then you will quickly get back down to where you want to be on the scale. Yeah, you can take just about any fruit or veggie and add tons of butter and sugar to make it devilishly calorie laden. LOL Yes, live-in GD will continue to live here at least until she finishes her bachelor's degree. She has only a 15-20 minute drive to college the first two years and then the second two years she must switch to the main campus which is about a 35 minute drive.

Judi, hoping the antibiotics clear up your son's salivary gland infection quickly. It did for my grandchild. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you on your other issue. Big cyberhug to ya.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

April, kudos on all the blue in your report and on still being down on the scale on Thursday despite all the hives which must be adding a little water weight. Glad you got to the doc for your no known cause hives. I hope the Claritin works as quickly as the Benadryl would. Two weeks straight surprised me, though--I thought it would be just until they're gone. I wonder if there was something you kicked up in those forsythia bushes you were trimming. Glad your tat is OK. Your weightloss is just awesome. My doc would hold you up as an icon to me because your eating right and exercising is causing your body to head wonderfully, effectively, and safely toward the size it should be on its own--yup "the side effect of living healthy."

Cassie, hi. We all understand how hard it is to log and post when your workload increases. Best wishes for relief from the hassle.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Mike is unable to post his goal update because he is still computerless (haHA I made a new word). So he asked me to do it for him. I'll be nice and actually post the real numbers

TORI & MIKE GOALS

1--log everything and make public, post start weight 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal 184.4# No (didn't log anything), yes, no (didn't log)
2--100 oz water daily 101.4oz, 118.3oz, 135.2oz
3--all vitamins daily Nope, (assuming on these, correct me if I'm wrong) no, no
4--walk at least 8 miles (weather permitting) 0, 0, 5.13

Mike Specific:
1--finish laying tile, and grout Yes
2--check in and post when you can Yes, Yes, Yes
3--no eating after bedtime Didn't eat, Yes, TBA
Thanks for updating me!!
Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, nice job on the water and walking!
Thanky thanky.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Hi Everyone!

Just popping in quickly to say, "hello!" Life has been extremely chaotic and crazy and it may not let up a whole lot until after Labor Day. I had written a long post, but it was "eaten" by the Fitday gremlin.

Mike,
I love the tile... are you available for hire?? Just come during the winter when I can get you up on snow shoes or down hill skis! lol Hope you didn't over do it with your back.

quinn
Well hello Quinniepoo. I don't plan on doing tile any time soon. Never may be too soon.

Here's an updated pic.

Everything is grouted, probably 75% of it is cleaned. I'll finish it tonight.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

That tile job looks really nice! Good work, Mike.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Anybody been through the choosing-a-car-for-your-teenager drill and can give me some pointers? We seem to be deadlocked here in my house!!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Anybody been through the choosing-a-car-for-your-teenager drill and can give me some pointers? We seem to be deadlocked here in my house!!
Personally, I would recommend an army surplus tank or an armored Hummer paired with a full-face helmet, but that's just my opinion... LOL
Old 08-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, Thanks. Are y'all looking for a new or used car? What are the options that y'all are deadlocked on?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie, Thanks. Are y'all looking for a new or used car? What are the options that y'all are deadlocked on?
Definitely used.

The deadlock is that I have an 11-year-old car with 200K+ miles that we are already planning on replacing at the end of this year. My husband thinks our son should have that. Which makes perfect sense, except...it's a minivan. I don't like that it's cumbersome for him, can hold a ton of people (teens ), and of course, there is the dork factor. My preference would be to trade that in and find something old enough to be cheap but new enough to have safety features like airbags and stability control. High miles don't bother me too much, depending on the make.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.