FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8046-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-08-13-12-a.html)

wildbeanerz 08-13-2012 06:35 AM

One walk down, 2 to go! I may be getting an evening walking partner too. I recently became friends with the wife of one of my hubby's work friends. She let me know that I have inspired her and that she wants to do something about her own weight. She is about a size 12/14. She wants to start walking. I don't like to take away from family time in the evenings but I told her that we could set something up a few days a week. We'll see how that goes. From hearing most of you it sounds like it is hard to find someone to actually participate in this with you.

kayla.underhill 08-13-2012 07:13 AM

Hey everyone, how's Monday going? Norah and I just finished lunch and are about to head into workout #2 for today. While I've got the time I'm trying out the idea of breaking up your workout into 3 sessions throughout the day. We'll see how it goes.

Cassie, yes I start my new job on Monday. And in September I will be back to school. After that you guys will be seeing less of me because I'll be running around like a crazy person 24/7. So I'm really trying to enjoy this week off before that insanity starts. :)

I hope everyone is having an awesome Monday, see you guys tonight!

ToriD1012 08-13-2012 09:21 AM

frenchhen--I'm with you on the No Mindless Eating, I struggle with it when I'm bored.

judi--good luck changing things up in the kitchen. I get bored really easily when eating the same foods.

Mern--hope you had fun with the grandchirrens today. YAYAYAYAYAY -7lbs!!! That's awesome

April--I forgot to tell you that I'm liking the ink!! I've told a few different people that I plan on getting another tatt as soon as I reach goal. I'm pretty sure it'll be a dragonfly, but that could always change. Hopefully your walking buddy will follow through. I've had a few different people say that they want to walk or workout with me, but they never want to more than once. Good luck!!!

kayla--GAH, I wish I had a whole week off! I won't get another week off until What's His Name comes home in October....63 days and counting.

nobe--yay!! The trolls are gone!!

Cassie--
woohoo the Morning from Hell is over!! Jassi Cat is doing well. She doesn't understand why I'm not home every night and gets really excited when I do stay longer than a few hours. I try and make time to see her every day, but some days when I'm staying at WHN's, it's just hard. I miss her terribly, but Momma & Daddy's isn't "home". I'm uncomfortable and miserable whenever I'm here. WHN's is home now. I'm myself when I'm there, and I don't have to worry about getting in anyone's way, or getting on anyone's nerves. The only thing that would make it purrfect, is if JC could be there with me.

cate--welcome back! I completely understand not having time to post, it's been crazy busy for me lately. And I don't see an end to it any time soon. Good luck to you

ToriD1012 08-13-2012 09:28 AM

Goals!!!

TORI & MIKE GOALS

1--log everything and make public, post start weight
2--100 oz water daily
3--all vitamins daily
4--walk at least 8 miles (weather permitting)

Tori Specific:
1--all laundry
2--keep up with paperwork
3--make time for JC every day

Mike Specific:
1--finish laying tile, and grout
2--check in and post when you can
3--no eating after bedtime

traceymc1985 08-13-2012 10:09 AM

Hiya everyone- I wasnt surprised that i put on 2lbs at this mornings weigh in! I wasnt shocked and the only positive im taking is im pleased i went- i nearly didnt because i knew there would be a gain and didnt want to face it.
Now im ready, i want as good a loss i can next week, maybe this gain has given me the kick up my backside that i needed. I just need to learn from it.

This week:
# calories 1200 cals daily
# 5% fat rule on all foods individually
# 2litres of water a day
# exercise- make the effort!!
# record calories properly- weighing and measuring
# cook enough and not too much
# be insprired, not envious! I can get there too if i put the work in.

Hope we all have a great week xx

01gt4.6 08-13-2012 10:37 AM

Don't eat past bedtime? :eek:

cjohnson728 08-13-2012 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 87430)
Don't eat past bedtime? :eek:

I think she means...no waking up to visit the ghost and having a late night snack of cereal and PB sammies ;). Be a boss!

Tori, I wish Jassi Cat was allowed at WHN's. That sucks!

You can do it, Tracey! Brand new week, right here!

judipurple 08-13-2012 11:38 AM

Ok, thread buds, here's Monday's # posting:

Calories: 1,560 Fat: 91.1g Carbs: 40.3g Protein: 149.5g

1) Post #'s daily - Monday: yes
2) Get the 5K done at least 3X this week - Monday: yes
2a) Keep the running/sprints at or above 200' per, and do at least (gads) 5 per 5K, twice a week - Monday: yes
3) Keep calories around 1500 - Monday: yes
4) Keep carbs under 90g - Monday: yes
5) Take supplements - Monday: yes

Was going to have a protein bar after supper, but i liked my numbers and didn't want to go too high.

Looks like it'll be a busy week here on FitDay forums - so many check-ins here! :D Delighted to see you all!!! Dh is putting down stuff to do tiles(you're not the only one, Mike!), and needs my assistance - see you in the a.m.!

kayla.underhill 08-13-2012 01:09 PM

First day down, even if it was cutting it a little close on calories. I made tasty, healthy chicken Parmesan for dinner, even sneaked some spinach in. :) and worked out 3 times today! Here are my #s for today. I'm considering altering my parameters for Carbs. I read an article today that recommended 50%. Seems high, but what do I know. I'm gonna keep the 33% for a little while longer to see if it works.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 939.
2) Get 4 workouts done. M-Y
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. 38%
4) Get to bed by 10:30.
5) Drink more water! Yes.

Other:
1) Wedding planning. Yes.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! Yes.

I will update in the morning about my bedtime. :)

Judi, you had an awesome day today! Congrats.

Tracey, you can do it! We believe in you.

Goodnight all!

ToriD1012 08-13-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 87433)
I think she means...no waking up to visit the ghost and having a late night snack of cereal and PB sammies ;). Be a boss!

you forgot Rum Cake :p