FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8046-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-08-13-12-a.html)

ToriD1012 08-13-2012 01:31 AM

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

I'll start us off. I can't post goals yet, because it takes too long from the phone, but will when I get off work. For me and Mike. Let's all have a great week. The Good Lord knows I need a good week :)

frenchhen3 08-13-2012 01:42 AM

I'm in this week! I have company staying over and it will be tempting to get away from my path. SOoooooo....

My Goals:

Eat with awareness. No "Mindless" eating!
64 + oz water per day
12,000 steps per day, 5 days this week

judipurple 08-13-2012 02:20 AM

Okay, did some additional reading over the weekend re:this Primal thang, and printed a food list to keep on the fridge to remind me to keep those carbs under control and not to be afraid of fats. Helps to give me ideas for shopping and cooking, to change things up. Had a diet coke on Friday, and it finally flushed out the water I was retaining (had seen the dreaded 200 :eek:) - the following day, I was back down more than 3 lbs. Wheew!! Had a rather carb filled weekend (for me), and am glad to be back on track.

Ok, so the goals for the week:

1) Post #'s daily
2) Get the 5K done at least 3X this week
2a) Keep the running/sprints at or above 200' per, and do at least (gads) 5 per 5K, twice a week
3) Keep calories around 1500
4) Keep carbs under 90g
5) Take supplements

Decided that the sprinting 2x a week is sufficient - will be going back to work in a couple weeks, and the 5k schedule might have to change, depending on my hours.

Ok, where is everybody??? C'mon down!

Mern 08-13-2012 03:04 AM

I'm in but don't have time to read the posts.

Grandkids are here today and we're about to go out for our annual outing when I buy their new school shoes and one new outfit each and then to a restaurant for lunch.

I'm up half a pound today, BUT I'm thrilled to have lost 7 lbs. last week on my restart. Probably 5 lbs. of that was excess water weight, but water weight doesn't look any better on me than fat weight.

Will catch up with you all later.

wildbeanerz 08-13-2012 03:15 AM

I took a few days off from everything. I didn't log food, exercise (didn't do any), didn't restrict what I wanted for a snack. I'm up 2lbs from Friday. I can live with that. I needed some down time. Now it's a day to reset and get back to it. I won't be resting this ankle any longer even though it is still red. I was too tired to workout before work today (hubby was off so I wasn't up early to force myself to do it) but I will be walking on lunch. We have company tonight for dinner (cookout) so exercise may be out this evening. I did about 5-6 hrs of cleaning and laundry yesterday and Saturday I spent 3 hrs with an electric hedge trimmer doing those darned forsynthia bushes yet again! So I guess I didn't really take that much time off, just didn't have formal exercise. Tonight may be a bit of an overage on the calorie scale but I'm okay with it. It won't be all junk food and we so rarely have people over. .... Oh and just because the ankle hurt and swelled and is still red doesn't mean that when it is healed in a month that I won't be adding some swirls and stuff to the butterfly. :) I know, I'm a glutton for punishment but we think my skin just reacts poorly to all the irritation and pressure. This one may need some color touched up anyway so while we are at it.... well ya know! LOL My numbers didn't work out quite as planned anyway so we are leaning towards doing three stars with a number inside each star to make my 331 and covering what we already did because they are too small.

We go to camp Friday - Monday this weekend so I will be MIA again. Some of my goals are modified due to the days off.

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. Walk on lunch 3 times
3. Exercise 3 times minimum (nights work too April!)
4. 5 Fruits / Veggies daily
5. Weigh and post it M: 230.8lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Keep paperwork caught up
2. Get ready for camp
3. Don't stress about what I can't control

Mern 08-13-2012 03:56 AM

Wounded Warrior, thanks for your encouragement on finishing my last day of the week on track. Wow, that's a lot of work you're doing with the tile. I have always just gone with decor DH and I like (we always like the same stuff) whether others like it or not.

Kayla, I hope you enjoyed your pizza. Oh, thanks for telling me about why your calories are so low. I won't pester you anymore about that. You probably mentioned that before but I missed it. People are different--what works for some may not work for others. No matter how low my calories are, I gain weight at anything over 40 net carbs per day. If I ate calories as low as you, I would simply maintain my weight at anything between 30 and 40 net carbs. My doc was opposed to my doing over 100g protein per day until I dropped down from an average of 120 to 100, did everything else the way I should (exercise, water, calories, carbs, fiber, cholesterol intake, saturated fat) but gained weight because I need the extra protein to lose weight. Since my blood tests for the past year have shown my blood protein is just fine, she finally gave in and said she was OK with my going back to the 120g protein "because people are different, so maybe you DO need that much. We'll just watch your quarterly blood tests results carefully."

Hi, April, Judi, and Tori.
Frenchhen, welcome back!

NOW I'm leaving the house for the outing with the grandkids--will catch up with you all later.

kayla.underhill 08-13-2012 04:19 AM

Good Monday all! I'm in! I have the whole week off, so I get to live without all the temptations that go with working in a seafood restaurant. Thank goodness. Plus it means I have no excuses for working out this week. Another thank goodness!

1) Stay within calorie limits.
2) Get 4 workouts done.
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%.
4) Get to bed by 10:30.
5) Drink more water!

Other:
1) Wedding planning.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING!

Tori, I believe in you! You're going to have an awesome week!

April, a few days off is sometimes necessary. I always feel better and more motivated after a short break.

Mern, pizza was great, and was promptly thrown out after dinner. We don't keep things like that in the house except on Sundays. :) Isn't it crazy that everyone seems to have that one key thing that works for them? We're all just so different and there are very few "universal" tricks that can work for everyone. Also, have fun with your grandchildren. Sounds like a great time!

Well, I have to tackle my house today because it has fallen into disorder under John's care all weekend. So I may not be back until check in tonight. I hope you all have a good day!

nobe 08-13-2012 05:29 AM

I'm in! I'm so in. Goals:

calories <1600 -
water >64oz -
protein >20% -
take vitamins -
move -

cjohnson728 08-13-2012 05:43 AM

Hi everyone! Thanks, Tori, for the start-up. I hope you have an awesome week! How is the Jassi cat these days?

Stay strong, Frenchhen, you got this, company, schmompany ;).

Judi, April...one (and only one?) good thing about Monday is putting the weekend behind us. Sometimes it's good to take a little break, but getting back to the routine feels good in its own way. Hope you both have good weeks.

nobe, glad you're back! Trolls gone, enjoy your world being back to normal.

Kayla, a week off...enjoy it, girl! Do you start your new job next Monday?

Mern, hope you are enjoying the grandkids. You were a rock this past week and weekend. Keep on walking the walk!

Well, my dreaded morning is over and I am exhausted, although can't tell if it is lack of sleep or just coming off the stress adrenaline. I need to chill for a bit so I stop swimming in cortisol! Today is the first day of school here and I always have cookies for the boy when he comes home, so I'm off to the kitchen in a little bit. For the first time in a long time my work week looks light, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Maybe I can finally succeed at these goals!

1. Calories below 1300.
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules.
3. 72 oz. fluid daily.
4. Log everything and post daily.
5. Eat clean.
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ).
7. Take all vitamins and supplements.
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night.
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week.

catebert 08-13-2012 06:27 AM

Count Me In too!

I'm in as well. Sorry I did not have time last week to post, although I did try to stay on track and log all food etc. Work has been crazy busy, working late etc. and not much free time - not sure this week will be any better but I HAVE to make some 'me' time.

On a positive note I found 2 exercise dvd's yesterday, one Denise Austin and one for yoga & stretching which I plan on doing tonight. Can't wait to try it out!:cool:

posting goals later.....

wildbeanerz 08-13-2012 06:35 AM

One walk down, 2 to go! I may be getting an evening walking partner too. I recently became friends with the wife of one of my hubby's work friends. She let me know that I have inspired her and that she wants to do something about her own weight. She is about a size 12/14. She wants to start walking. I don't like to take away from family time in the evenings but I told her that we could set something up a few days a week. We'll see how that goes. From hearing most of you it sounds like it is hard to find someone to actually participate in this with you.

kayla.underhill 08-13-2012 07:13 AM

Hey everyone, how's Monday going? Norah and I just finished lunch and are about to head into workout #2 for today. While I've got the time I'm trying out the idea of breaking up your workout into 3 sessions throughout the day. We'll see how it goes.

Cassie, yes I start my new job on Monday. And in September I will be back to school. After that you guys will be seeing less of me because I'll be running around like a crazy person 24/7. So I'm really trying to enjoy this week off before that insanity starts. :)

I hope everyone is having an awesome Monday, see you guys tonight!

ToriD1012 08-13-2012 09:21 AM

frenchhen--I'm with you on the No Mindless Eating, I struggle with it when I'm bored.

judi--good luck changing things up in the kitchen. I get bored really easily when eating the same foods.

Mern--hope you had fun with the grandchirrens today. YAYAYAYAYAY -7lbs!!! That's awesome

April--I forgot to tell you that I'm liking the ink!! I've told a few different people that I plan on getting another tatt as soon as I reach goal. I'm pretty sure it'll be a dragonfly, but that could always change. Hopefully your walking buddy will follow through. I've had a few different people say that they want to walk or workout with me, but they never want to more than once. Good luck!!!

kayla--GAH, I wish I had a whole week off! I won't get another week off until What's His Name comes home in October....63 days and counting.

nobe--yay!! The trolls are gone!!

Cassie--
woohoo the Morning from Hell is over!! Jassi Cat is doing well. She doesn't understand why I'm not home every night and gets really excited when I do stay longer than a few hours. I try and make time to see her every day, but some days when I'm staying at WHN's, it's just hard. I miss her terribly, but Momma & Daddy's isn't "home". I'm uncomfortable and miserable whenever I'm here. WHN's is home now. I'm myself when I'm there, and I don't have to worry about getting in anyone's way, or getting on anyone's nerves. The only thing that would make it purrfect, is if JC could be there with me.

cate--welcome back! I completely understand not having time to post, it's been crazy busy for me lately. And I don't see an end to it any time soon. Good luck to you

ToriD1012 08-13-2012 09:28 AM

Goals!!!

TORI & MIKE GOALS

1--log everything and make public, post start weight
2--100 oz water daily
3--all vitamins daily
4--walk at least 8 miles (weather permitting)

Tori Specific:
1--all laundry
2--keep up with paperwork
3--make time for JC every day

Mike Specific:
1--finish laying tile, and grout
2--check in and post when you can
3--no eating after bedtime

traceymc1985 08-13-2012 10:09 AM

Hiya everyone- I wasnt surprised that i put on 2lbs at this mornings weigh in! I wasnt shocked and the only positive im taking is im pleased i went- i nearly didnt because i knew there would be a gain and didnt want to face it.
Now im ready, i want as good a loss i can next week, maybe this gain has given me the kick up my backside that i needed. I just need to learn from it.

This week:
# calories 1200 cals daily
# 5% fat rule on all foods individually
# 2litres of water a day
# exercise- make the effort!!
# record calories properly- weighing and measuring
# cook enough and not too much
# be insprired, not envious! I can get there too if i put the work in.

Hope we all have a great week xx

01gt4.6 08-13-2012 10:37 AM

Don't eat past bedtime? :eek:

cjohnson728 08-13-2012 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 87430)
Don't eat past bedtime? :eek:

I think she means...no waking up to visit the ghost and having a late night snack of cereal and PB sammies ;). Be a boss!

Tori, I wish Jassi Cat was allowed at WHN's. That sucks!

You can do it, Tracey! Brand new week, right here!

judipurple 08-13-2012 11:38 AM

Ok, thread buds, here's Monday's # posting:

Calories: 1,560 Fat: 91.1g Carbs: 40.3g Protein: 149.5g

1) Post #'s daily - Monday: yes
2) Get the 5K done at least 3X this week - Monday: yes
2a) Keep the running/sprints at or above 200' per, and do at least (gads) 5 per 5K, twice a week - Monday: yes
3) Keep calories around 1500 - Monday: yes
4) Keep carbs under 90g - Monday: yes
5) Take supplements - Monday: yes

Was going to have a protein bar after supper, but i liked my numbers and didn't want to go too high.

Looks like it'll be a busy week here on FitDay forums - so many check-ins here! :D Delighted to see you all!!! Dh is putting down stuff to do tiles(you're not the only one, Mike!), and needs my assistance - see you in the a.m.!

kayla.underhill 08-13-2012 01:09 PM

First day down, even if it was cutting it a little close on calories. I made tasty, healthy chicken Parmesan for dinner, even sneaked some spinach in. :) and worked out 3 times today! Here are my #s for today. I'm considering altering my parameters for Carbs. I read an article today that recommended 50%. Seems high, but what do I know. I'm gonna keep the 33% for a little while longer to see if it works.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 939.
2) Get 4 workouts done. M-Y
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. 38%
4) Get to bed by 10:30.
5) Drink more water! Yes.

Other:
1) Wedding planning. Yes.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! Yes.

I will update in the morning about my bedtime. :)

Judi, you had an awesome day today! Congrats.

Tracey, you can do it! We believe in you.

Goodnight all!

ToriD1012 08-13-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 87433)
I think she means...no waking up to visit the ghost and having a late night snack of cereal and PB sammies ;). Be a boss!

you forgot Rum Cake :p

nobe 08-13-2012 02:06 PM

calories <1600 - 1487
water >64oz - 64oz+
protein >20% - 28%
take vitamins - yes
move - bit of cleaning and gardening

My day (mostly the exercise part) was thrown off a bit by hubby witnessing a car crash. He was leaving my mom's today and saw a guy slumped over the wheel go through the stop sign and land in the ditch around the corner from my mom's. He went back and called 911 and had to give a statement and ended up on the news. The guy had a heart attack and lived, but is apparently now in a coma. But then my mom was all frazzled and wanted me to come over, and my plan for running errands (walking) and the continued scrubbing of my house (which definitely counts as exercise) went awry. I watered my plants and powerwashed/windexed my windows inside and out after dinner, but honestly I'm exhausted and sore from all the cleaning I did over the weekend (about 12 hours) and I'm not going to do anything but watch the tv I can finally watch again this evening. I know I'm going for a big walk tomorrow, and I'm under calories, and it's my first day back, so whatevs.

Haven't had a chance to read the thread yet; will try after kiddo goes to bed or in the morning.

ToriD1012 08-13-2012 02:08 PM

Monday

TORI & MIKE GOALS

1--log everything and make public, post start weight--181.0 ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal--yes
2--100 oz water daily--101.4
3--all vitamins daily--oops :o
4--walk at least 8 miles (weather permitting)--2.0

Tori Specific:
1--all laundry--Tuesday or Wednesday....maybe
2--keep up with paperwork--yes
3--make time for JC every day--yes

01gt4.6 08-13-2012 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 87433)

Tori, I wish Jassi Cat was allowed at WHN's. That sucks!

You can do it, Tracey! Brand new week, right here!

You know me!

Originally Posted by judipurple (Post 87434)
Ok, thread buds, here's Monday's # posting:

Calories: 1,560 Fat: 91.1g Carbs: 40.3g Protein: 149.5g

1) Post #'s daily - Monday: yes
2) Get the 5K done at least 3X this week - Monday: yes
2a) Keep the running/sprints at or above 200' per, and do at least (gads) 5 per 5K, twice a week - Monday: yes
3) Keep calories around 1500 - Monday: yes
4) Keep carbs under 90g - Monday: yes
5) Take supplements - Monday: yes

Was going to have a protein bar after supper, but i liked my numbers and didn't want to go too high.

Looks like it'll be a busy week here on FitDay forums - so many check-ins here! :D Delighted to see you all!!! Dh is putting down stuff to do tiles(you're not the only one, Mike!), and needs my assistance - see you in the a.m.!

Have fun with the tile. ;)

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 87438)

Oh yeah, rum cake too. So what's the reason for posting out starting weight? Do we have a weight loss goal for the week or is it just for public humiliation.

cjohnson728 08-13-2012 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 87438)

Yes. Yes I did.

Originally Posted by nobe (Post 87440)
I watered my plants and powerwashed/windexed my windows inside and out after dinner, but honestly I'm exhausted and sore from all the cleaning I did over the weekend (about 12 hours)

Please come live with me.

Mike, do we get to see some tile pictures?

01gt4.6 08-13-2012 03:23 PM

I can post some tomorrow from my work computer. I can't figure out how to post a pic from my phone and my home computer will be down for a couple more days. Once I get the grout done I can move back in and set it up. I'll still have to do 1/4 round molding though. Keep in mind that what I post tomorrow isn't the finished product, it's better than concrete though.

cjohnson728 08-13-2012 03:49 PM

1. Calories below 1300. 1214
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 81
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes
5. Eat clean. Yes
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 3
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 5
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week.

See you all in the AM...I've been ready for sleep since about 1 PM. Made the best cookies ever, but didn't do too much damage. Hopefully the guys will make short work of them.

Looking forward to the pics, Mike...fruits of your hard labor.

ichalk2up 08-13-2012 10:55 PM

I'm new at this

I just joined this week and made the decision to finally shed the extra pounds for good. And better yet, develop some healthier habits! Anyone have any hints or tips for a new comer? Also, is your group here open for people like me to join in weekly?

cjohnson728 08-13-2012 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by ichalk2up (Post 87454)
I just joined this week and made the decision to finally shed the extra pounds for good. And better yet, develop some healthier habits! Anyone have any hints or tips for a new comer? Also, is your group here open for people like me to join in weekly?

We're open 24/7 to whoever wants to come along for the ride :D. Welcome!

The hints and tips question is probably best answered in this link FitDay Discussion Boards - Threads Tagged with fitday best of series, which is a compilation of some of the information that's been posted over the years. If you have any specific questions, let us know.

nichaleh 08-14-2012 12:24 AM

Hi guys, I'm kind of lurking this week and probably won’t post every day.
Goals
Weekly average of 1400cal *1492,
Weekly average of 33% carbs *42%,
Log and post weight didn’t weigh, 81.7kg
Do body measurements – Wednesday n/a n/a
20 mins exercise per day Yes, walked for 2 ½ hours, slowly (see below), no,

Yesterday I had to take my car in to be fixed, the local mechanics are pretty expensive so I drove about 50km to the nearest kmart tyre and auto and was then stuck with no car for four hours. I bought a book and a coffee and pretty much walked all over the place in-between finding nice spots to read a chapter or so. I figure about 2 ½ hours of the time was spent walking. I didn’t walk very fast, just enjoyed it really. I did have a small gain today but it is TTOTM so I am letting it slide, I am all puffed up and couldn’t get my rings on this morning so I am sure it will come back off next week. I am focusing more on weekly averages this week which will give me a bit more freedom to move, I have been battling some pretty intense cravings probably for the same reason as the weight gain, mostly for things that are deep fried and dripping in carbs. I am trying to keep this under control by having small amounts of higher carb foods amongst the healthier options. I did eat steggles chicken strips for breakfast today, but I kept it within my limits so I am not going to beat myself up about it. I havn’t written tonights calories and carbs because I am not quite in bed yet and I’m pretty hungry so I will probably eat something else before bed. I’m trying to choose something low cal and filling, not sure what yet, maybe a salad.

Originally Posted by ichalk2up (Post 87454)

Hi there, and welcome to the crew :) everyone here is friendly and helpful and supportive. my biggest tip is log EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth, that is what works for me any way.

I hope everyone has a great week and I will try and check in tomorrow

kayla.underhill 08-14-2012 01:00 AM

Good Morning everyone! Norah and I are off to an early, and awesome start! Protein-filled breakfast and workout # 1 out of the way. Its arm day, my least favorite, so getting through all three will be a real challenge. I'm gonna try to add one more cardio session today for a total of 45 minutes. Also, I pre-logged everything and my carbs should only be about 12% today. Beast-mode. :) I hope everyone is having an awesome day!

ichalk2up, welcome! Feel free to jump right in, everybody here is super nice and helpful. :)

ToriD1012 08-14-2012 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 87443)
So what's the reason for posting out starting weight? Do we have a weight loss goal for the week or is it just for public humiliation.

Isn't public humiliation reason enough for us to want to change? it's kinda like in Colonial Times, someone did something wrong and they were put in the stocks for punishment. Consider posting starting weight as being put
in the stocks :)

frenchhen3 08-14-2012 01:35 AM

Thanks for all your encouragement. I really need it!

Eat with awareness. No "Mindless" eating!: M!
64 + oz water per day: M!
12,000 steps per day, 5 days this week : 13760,

wildbeanerz 08-14-2012 01:49 AM

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch 3 times M: 2miles,
3. Exercise 3 times minimum (nights work too April!) M: No,
4. 5 Fruits / Veggies daily M: Yes,
5. Weigh and post it M: 230.8lbs, T: 229.8lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Keep paperwork caught up M: Yes,
2. Get ready for camp
3. Don't stress about what I can't control M: Yes,

Had an awesome time with some great new friends last night. They came over at 5 for a cookout and were there until just after 10pm. Their girls (almost 4 & 12 yrs old) came along. I get such a kick out of watching my 15yr old "boy" play with play food and lincoln logs with her.http://cdn.content.sweetim.com/sim/c...s/0002043B.gif

I overslept this morning. I think my alarm didn't go off, hubby says I was hitting the snooze. Whichever it was. I woke up at 10 till 7 to be at work at 7. That didn't work! I got her about 7:40 and had a 20 minute drive, made lunches in there too! And I look presentable. ;) Guess I'm not much the weeknight hostess type. LOL

Tori ... Why can't Jassi go to WHN's? Is he allergic? ... My ink is looking better everyday. My skin doesn't like it very much though and it is still surrounded by a nice red border. I am so tired of people asking me if it is infected! Do they not think I would go to the doctor if it were?

Mern ... 7lbs last week! You rocked it! I don't care if it was mostly water that is awesome! ... Hope you and the grandchildren had a fun day shopping. I really wish my kids had grandparents that would do something like that for them.

Nobe ... No more trolls? Yay! You are getting back to it hard with all that cleaning your house will be sparkling in no time.

Tracey ... Love your "inspired not envious" goal.

Mike ... You are going to have a lonely ghostie this week.

Judi ... What an awesome green goal day you had yesterday!

Kayla ... You had a great goal day too!

Cassie ... WTH? How do you bake cookies and only eat 1200 calories? What's your secret? LOL

Nichaleh ... Hope your car troubles are fixed. You did a ton of walking yesterday. Good idea on buying a book to kill time with while your car was fixed. Better than randomly buying stuff to take up your time.

cjohnson728 08-14-2012 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 87465)
Cassie ... WTH? How do you bake cookies and only eat 1200 calories? What's your secret? LOL

:o

I had a feeling I would get busted on that. Honestly, I admit it was about 460 calories of cookies but since it is tradition to bake them for the first day of school, I knew it would happen. Add in that my stomach was in knots yesterday AM due to the deposition so I didn't eat breakfast(which never happens!), plus I cooked my son's favorite meal for dinner (roast beef; had that and veggies and skipped mashed potatoes), it somehow balanced itself out once I threw a can of tuna in there for lunch. Tuna and cookies, meal of champions!

But now the guys are gone to work and school and the evil little things are singing to me from the counter :mad:.

Had to grin at the mental picture of your son and the play food :). How cute is that?

01gt4.6 08-14-2012 03:34 AM

Here are the pics of the tile.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...Picture012.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...Picture013.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...cture014-1.jpg

Here's my poor baby.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...Picture011.jpg

As y'all can see, I wasn't hiding this weekend, I was just busy.

wildbeanerz 08-14-2012 03:49 AM

Love the tile Mike! I love that natural and dark look.

01gt4.6 08-14-2012 04:00 AM

Thanks April.

My ghost woke me up during the night when it kicked over my water bottle.:eek:

01gt4.6 08-14-2012 04:04 AM

TORI & MIKE GOALS

1--log everything and make public, post start weight 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal 184.4# No (didn't log anything)
2--100 oz water daily 101.4oz
3--all vitamins daily Nope
4--walk at least 8 miles (weather permitting) 0

Mike Specific:
1--finish laying tile, and grout Finished laying tile
2--check in and post when you can Yes
3--no eating after bedtime Didn't eat

01gt4.6 08-14-2012 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 87462)
Isn't public humiliation reason enough for us to want to change? it's kinda like in Colonial Times, someone did something wrong and they were put in the stocks for punishment. Consider posting starting weight as being put
in the stocks :)

Anything above my 168 from last year should be humiliation enough.

traceymc1985 08-14-2012 09:19 AM

ichalk2up- welcome aboard- i agree that logging every piece of food that you eat really helps. I do alot of mindless eating especially if bored or out woth friends but the more im aware of jotting it down it kinda helps me stay on track.

Im a big evening snacker when im watching tv so keeping my fingers busy chatting to you guys helps me stay on track and keep motivated. Reading is a big help too- 50 shades-part 2 to be precise (kinda keep it a secret that im reading this- only my partner and closest friend whos hooked too!!!!!)

Ive done good though past 2 nights- ive discovered nibbling on sugar free ice pops does the job and stops me eating calories that sabotage my good day.

Walked today which helped me feel better- but the heat was so hot.

Oh and 20mins ago i was putting a dvd back on kids shelf and a toy fell on my head making my eyes water and my kids screaming asking if im ok then hitting the toy in anger with it! Nice to see they do care about me- can sometimes feel im taken for granted- theyre 9 and 7. Im just glad it was me and not one of them cos it really hurt. Ive took it down from shelf now- wasnt aware it was a hazard when i put it up there yesterday.

Typing so much lol- keeping these nibbling fingers busy!