Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job, edinburghgirl! And no, it's never enough . But when it's over, it's over.

Tracey, you can do this! It's more about learning to live with the slip ups than to be perfect all the time. I'm glad you got a chance to vent and I hope you really rock the weekend!

Mern, did you get your exercise in? No, none of us knows everything, but you have put so much study and effort into the way your food works that you definitely contribute so much here...all the while always pointing out that it is an individual thing. You are a wonderful resource and I haven't told you that lately .

Kayla, how 'bout you? Did you make yourself do it?

nicaleh, happy weekend to you, then, since you're just about there!

April, hope the ankle feels better soon. I know it's frustrating to be out of your usual routine, but you will be back to it in no time.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Not great - more carbs than usual, but overall calories o.k.

Calories: 1,331 Fats: 70.8g Carbs: 117.4g Protein: 63.4g

1) Post #'s daily Thurs.: yes
2) Get the 5K done at least 3X this week - keep the running/sprints at or above 200' per, and do at least (gads) 5 per 5K - Thurs: N/A
3) Keep calories under 1500 Thurs.: yes
4) Keep carbs under 90g Thurs.: NO
5) Take supplements Thurs.: yes

Well, with the back outta whack, didn't mow the lawn like I had planned (youngest son deigned to do it) - but I did manage to get some canning, painting, and baking done. So the day wasn't a total waste...

Am finding this lack of loss very discouraging. Started this summer with the intent of losing a good 10 lbs, doing the 5k 3x or more a week, and work out in the garden and yard. I drive a school bus during the school year, and figured I'd really push myself this summer, since I wouldn't be working. The financial atmosphere is tense during this time of unemployment, but am offsetting with the garden produce, and careful spending. It is also contributing to my discouragement. Confused on where I should be with this primal thang - had an initial loss of about 5#s, but have stalled since then. Have increased protein and fats, kept the carbs below 100g for more than a month, increased my movement daily - whether it be the 5k, or gardening, or painting/home improvements...I know I'm burning more calories...yeah, I lost about 3" off my waist...but, dang it, I can't seem to get past the 196. Yeah, I'm whining - yeah, I gotta suck it up and be patient - (thanks Mike) - and I should be happy with the non-scale victories. Yeah, yeah, yeah. But I wanna have a small pity party .

There. Party is over.

Not ready to quit. Gonna tighten up on the carb intake - can't guarantee under 50g every day, but I'll push towards it, and see if it will start the fat-burning motors.

Thanks for listening - will keep posting (after all, I'm committed!), not goin' anywhere!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Stop your whining. You can do an upper body workout and walk some during lunch, huh?
Yeah, yeah...I know. It's hard to do a workout while icing the swelling though. And I promised a certain very important man in my life that I wouldn't walk on it until the swelling went down. It's just giving me a lesson in maintaining without exercising. I need that too.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Kayla I would recommend you go to diabetes website it's probably the best place to get proper info on carb counting.
Tracey I am having one of those weeks too. Very emotional (ups and downs), sad and mad at the world. I am trying to stay away from having muffins at cafe because they are loaded with carbs but today I had no willpower. I'm an emotional eater and right now is a stressful time for me. Somehow I have to remind myself why I am doing this!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

I'm clinging desperately to the back of the wagon. The week hasn't been stellar to say the least. I did get 3 miles in yesterday morning, but looks like I'll be blaming the rest of the week on my ole stand by. For those who don't know what that might be, ask Mike. I'll try and do a full run down of goals tomorrow evening. Internet service has been spotty because of the weather, and I want to get a quick check in done before it goes back out again. Talk to y'all tomorrow
Old 08-09-2012, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Yup I am back Mikey! Where is this Half Marathon? In NOLA? Hubby works for the airlines so might be a possibility. I am signing myself up for a 10k in November as a goal to get my ass running and back in shape as well.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Yup I am back Mikey! Where is this Half Marathon? In NOLA? Hubby works for the airlines so might be a possibility. I am signing myself up for a 10k in November as a goal to get my ass running and back in shape as well.
Haha, it's been a while since I've heard "Mikey" here. here's the info on the race. Home Page - NCHM
I do the one in NOLA every year around Mardi Gras time.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-09-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone! I just wanna say that I am lovin all the activity today! I was really starting to miss everyone. Also, I could not be prouder of myself right now. I went to my little sister's riding lesson with her, and apparently dairy queen after is a tradition. Nobody told me that. But I did not get a blizzard, or a chicken basket with extra gravy. I got a small fry, which I shared with Norah, and water. Willpower win!
Also, I did make myself work out today. I went a put on my workout clothes and looked at Norah and said "I'm super pumped! I am in good enough health to work out. I'm excited about working out!" and she looked at me like I was an idiot, but who cares. I just made myself get excited about it, and after that it was easy. I indulged in skinny cow mocha something ice cream bars. I will get the exact name from my mom because I think everyone should get some. 100 calories and OMG, so good.
Anyway, here is my check in for today.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 739
2) Get 3 workouts done. M-Y. T-N. W-Y. Th-Y.
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. Mega fail. Super duper fail. 59%. Hangs head in shame.
4) Get to bed by 10:30. Yes.

Other:
1) Finish cleaning out and scrubbing house. I was strictly ordered by John to not clean ANYTHING today, because it was my day off. So that's what I did. No shame.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! I spent $0 today, likely because I did not have the debit card. Still counting it.

Mern, thank you for clarifying the carb confusion. I actually did only eat fruit and fish yesterday. I was just craving strawberries all day, so that's pretty much all I ate. Great for calories, not so much for carbs. I think I will do more research, because I have cut a lot of my favorite things (yogurt, granola, oatmeal, ect) in the interest of dropping carbs.

Tori, I believe in you!! I'm sorry your having a tough week, but I know you can turn it around! Big hugs!

Judi, I know exactly what you mean. It drives me to distraction when I do everything everybody says you are supposed to do, and the weight just won't go anywhere. The best advice I have ever been given to get past that is to add 10 minutes to your workout session, and do it one more day a week than you normally would. Your body adapts to what you are doing and plateau's. Allegedly it would mean something bad for your health if this didn't happen, but I am not sure I believe that. And I feel like next week I may have to do that. I am stuck at 175 yet again. Ugh.

At any rate, I am going to bed now. I'm taking my little sister school clothes shopping tomorrow, which will provide lots of walking, but also food court opportunities. Wish me luck!! Goodnight all!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report:

Exercise five days YES, YES, day off, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES, Maybe 48 oz.
Calorie limit 1500 1485, 1685, 1140, 1349
Eat clean YES, YES, YES, YES
Total carbs less fiber limit 25g 21.2g, 22.8g, 24.8g, 22.6g
Fiber target average 25g 39g, 37g, 46g, 32.6g
Cholesterol average 250mg or less only 24mg, 129mg, 158g, 195mg
Sat fat average 11% or less of total calories 4%, 9%. 3%, 18% BUT average is on target at 8.5%
Protein average 120g 138g, 155g, 141g, almost at 118g BUT average is 138g

Last edited by Mern; 08-10-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Ann, it's good to see you back! Are you getting any sleep? What does your daughter think of the new little guy?

Tori, clinging on the wagon is better than having it run over you. Hang in there as best you can till you get your mojo working again.

Kayla, way to skirt a dicey eating situation. I agree with your advice to jj, but would also add that changing up the activity itself can sometimes help, too. Also, another good thing to break a plateau is to change your macro ratio and change around the daily calories. Just as you wrote, the body gets used to the exercise, it also gets used to what you feed it, and changing that up can really help. It sounds like increasing calories would be counterintuitive, but if done in a controlled way, or with calorie cycling, it can really help.

jj, hugs to you and you know you can come vent your stress here anytime. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Judi, sounds like you are stuck in a plateau of sorts...and your commitment to sticking it out is what will get you through. You can do it!

So, April, does this mean that this weekend you can get waited on and doted on, lol?

Mern, rocking it as usual. Look at all your green!

Well, I posted comments yesterday and logged, but I didn't post the log, so here it is. Little slips but nothing catastrophic.

1. Calories below 1300. 1109, 1306-close enough, 1295, 1387
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes, Yes, Fair, Yes
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 78, 76, 56, 56
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes, I logged and posted, just didn't post what I logged till today, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, Pretty Good, Fair
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 4, 3, 4.5, 3
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Forgot the calcium
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 5.5 7, 6, 6
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 30 min., 60 min., 30 min., 30 min.

I AM READY TO BE A WEEKEND WARRIOR!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.