Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12 >

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Community
Notices

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Old 07-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, welcome back to the wagon. That is my favorite trap, too, too busy, too hungry, then too much of the wrong thing to eat. Fortunately today is another day. Husbands...they can be your best diet buddy or your quickest road to ruin .

Hope, I agree with April. Not a fail by any stretch!

nobe, I think you and your husband should BOTH give the the treatment they're giving you! I'm glad things seem a little better this time. You can't make somebody like you, but you should be able to enforce the rule that people in this house are civil to each other.

April, good job on walking yesterday in the heat! Did you get hit with those storms over the weekend?

Mike, Mern, you guys totally rocked it out yesterday. Anybody want to throw down a holiday challenge? And, no catfight, but maybe Mern and I could Jello-wrestle.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Old 07-03-2012, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
So cute & tiny! Any idea what kind it was?

You might have seen my outdoor snake on FB but here is a pic for the rest of you. It is a water snake and is about 3-1/2 or 4ft long. He lives under my front porch and if you hit the right time of day he may be spread out sunning under the front door so that you step over him without even noticing he is there! That is not the one that needs feeding though. They live in the house and my son wants me to make sure they are fed this week so that he can get them out when his girl friend that's not a girlfriend is over. They get snappy when they are hungry sometimes and he doesn't want her to get a bad impression
Attached Images
Old 07-03-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
nobe, I think you and your husband should BOTH give the the treatment they're giving you! I'm glad things seem a little better this time. You can't make somebody like you, but you should be able to enforce the rule that people in this house are civil to each other.
That's exactly what we talked about before they came. I understand why they wouldn't like me (not because I'm not awesome, but because I'm a stranger taking up their dad's time who their mom called a b____ and a c____ and a prostitute). BUT they need to treat me (and everyone in the house) with respect. I don't know how to enforce it without them getting resentful, though. Take away their tv time for not pretending to like me? Then I'll just be the b____ that took away their tv time. I don't know. I don't know if they even understand what it means to treat someone with respect. They're basically being raised like animals by their mother. The first time they visited (daughter was 8, son was 11), they didn't know how to use a fork, and his son wasn't properly toilet trained. They asked what every single vegetable on their plate was (and not weird stuff...carrots and peas and such) and they were truly perplexed why the needed to shower. They still put up a fight every time they have to shower. His son has had one shower since they got here, but his daughter's refusing. What I think needs to happen is they should be in some kind of foster home with trained professionals raising them. It's like finding kids in the woods and expecting them to function in normal society. Remember that movie Nell? She was pretty civilized compared to these two.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

I have no clue what type it was. Maybe garter snake?
Old 07-03-2012, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
That's exactly what we talked about before they came. I understand why they wouldn't like me (not because I'm not awesome, but because I'm a stranger taking up their dad's time who their mom called a b____ and a c____ and a prostitute). BUT they need to treat me (and everyone in the house) with respect. I don't know how to enforce it without them getting resentful, though. Take away their tv time for not pretending to like me? Then I'll just be the b____ that took away their tv time. I don't know. I don't know if they even understand what it means to treat someone with respect. They're basically being raised like animals by their mother. The first time they visited (daughter was 8, son was 11), they didn't know how to use a fork, and his son wasn't properly toilet trained. They asked what every single vegetable on their plate was (and not weird stuff...carrots and peas and such) and they were truly perplexed why the needed to shower. They still put up a fight every time they have to shower. His son has had one shower since they got here, but his daughter's refusing. What I think needs to happen is they should be in some kind of foster home with trained professionals raising them. It's like finding kids in the woods and expecting them to function in normal society. Remember that movie Nell? She was pretty civilized compared to these two.
Oh, wow
Old 07-03-2012, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

And I said I wouldn't go into too much detail
Old 07-03-2012, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, I feel so bad for you but in a way I feel bad for these kids who sound like they've been totally neglected. Obviously, you need to disregard whatever their Mom says to (or about) you while managing to keep the peace. I think it's OK to say I don't know what you guys do at home but here we answer people, take turns, bathe, try to be polite. Try to enforce rules firmly but kindly if you can. And maybe show them some special kindness if they manage to cooperate on some level (how bout you guys take a shower and later we'll get some ice cream?) If they ignore you and kiddo, keep repeating firmly but nicely: We asked you a question; please answer. If they grunt, say can we have that in a full sentence please? Kill them with kindness if you can; maybe they don't show respect because they haven't been shown how (and haven't been shown any themselves.) Have you spoken to DH about your concerns, not only re the kids' behavior but their upbringing or lack thereof? Not jus tthese kids are such brats but I worry about them. Surely he does not think it's normal not to bathe. But perhaps that is a can of worms. And I am sure you have tried all these things. How long are the kids there? I thought you said the summer. Too bad you and your kiddo can't go on vacation without theml!!!

April and Mike, love the snakes. What do you feed em?

April. I hear you about the grapes; they do add up but hey you can include tham in your fruits and veg count.

April and Cassie, thanks for the words of support but I would love to get on the lower end of the calories like what Mern did WHO TOTALLY ROCKED IT. Mike you did gret too.

Quinn you say you have been pain free for the first time in a long time; from what do you suffer, if you don't mind me asking? I also cannot wait too long to eat or I go off the boards but I could not last til 6:30; I would get sick. I think of when I was young and could go days barely eating... or sleeping for that matter and be more or less OK...

Tracey my heart goes out to you because what you are going through is so hard and hard to keep one's temper and patience. Here's a long distance hug. [[ Tracey ]]

Last edited by canary52; 07-03-2012 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hope,

I have 3 bulged discs from a car accident. But most days, with some limitations, I do just fine. (The guy that hit me walked away without a scratch... Now, THAT part hurts! Jerk. lol)
Old 07-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

It is a tough situation, that's for sure. It is so disruptive, irresponsible, and damaging to trash the other parent and stepparent, though I admit I've never been in that situation and I know that emotions can get hot. Still, though, you would think what is best for the children would prevail. nobe, detail or no detail, makes no difference; we are here to be a listening ear.

We also represent many parts of North America and abroad, if you need to pack your bags and set off on a journey; you and your kiddo could take the FitDay Friends tour and stay a few days with each of us .

April, "girlfriend that's not a girlfriend," lolz!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.