Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12 >

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Community
Notices

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Old 07-07-2012, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

I feel so bad for all of you who are depressed, having family or work problems. My heart goes out to each and every one of you.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Missed Tuesday and Wednesday and not going back, but did pretty well those days.

1) 1600 calories or less - 1403, 1651, 1216
2) move - not much, out walking most of the day, walking/gardening
3) 64oz water + - 64oz+, not enough, 64oz+
4) 20% protein - 22%, 20%, 19%
5) vitamins - yes, yes, yes

6) post one good thing that happened every day - we have peas on our pea plants!, took the kiddo to the petting zoo with our friend and played with goats, paid a bunch of bills

Bit of a rough day yesterday. Hubby's son was mouthing off, hubby couldn't get his daughter to put her laundry away (took 3 hours to get it from the laundry room to her floor, and I wasn't stepping in), couldn't get them to load the dishwasher, they both sulked and pouted about going to day camp next week, and his daughter left her hair stuff in the bathroom so I got a better look. Over $100 worth of shampoo and conditioner, while I'm buying Pantene on sale with coupons to be able to send her mother money. You can bet your life I'll be using it. I've never been able to afford fancy salon shampoo.

Ugh and I just discovered that his son ate all my Laughing Cow (the 32 pack) except 3. I can't be buying $9 worth of cheese every day just to have it eaten by someone else. Can't I have anything for myself? I put the three that were left in an opaque yogurt container behind the salad greens. These kids just suck all the joy out of life. "Oh, these little bits of cheese make it possible for you to stay on track with your health? Too bad, they're gone."

All this with raging PMS.

Hope - so sorry to hear that you're depressed. Big hugs to you! I wish we all lived closer so we could just pop over for coffee and talk it out

Last edited by nobe; 07-07-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe and Mern, you are so sweet. Just having people like you in the world is a good thing.

Nobe, I am so sorry you have to deal with this selfishness. I keep trying to think of how to lock up cheese...
Old 07-07-2012, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Haha, yeah. I keep most things in my bedroom closet, but I don't think that'd work in the case of cheese.

I'm never sure where the line is between letting a kid eat as much as he wants, and being mad and petty about it. Last summer I was spending about $15 a day on fruit for him (at rock-bottom summer prices), being told "fruit is better than junk, let him have it." Which is true, but we're not rich enough for that. So I started hiding it in my closet and doling out a couple at a time. There were a lot of overflowed toilets last summer with all that fruit. This year I've been told he can't have the fruit he likes because of his new braces (which haven't been brushed in a week BTW, eewwww), but he's moved on to eating my special treats that need to be refrigerated. And if I complain hubby will just say "it's better than junk, let him have it."

He's also been throwing food away, which to me is unacceptable. Not like leaving food on his plate when he's full, but making food and not eating it. I put leftovers in meal-size containers in the freezer, and he's been taking them out and heating them up and smelling it, deciding it's not what he wants, and leaving it out on the counter overnight. This morning I found three waffles in the garbage. For someone so incredibly lazy, he sure likes making food he's not going to even eat.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, pick yourself up and strap a smile on your face! I hope things start to turn around for your dd.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

You guys, $30 shampoo makes your hair feel so good! And it works great as a tub cleaner after two filthy kids have their bi-weekly shower! Hey, I paid for it, I can use it however I want

I'm getting more sarcastic and petty every day.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default Drumroll please

It's the weekend and I'm here! I finally got a decent amount of sleep and I'm feeling good. I didn't weigh myself on Monday but was 178.8 on Tuesday (which I've been around 180). This morning I was 174.8. Four pound in as many days is something to be excited out. Once again I've seem to have broken a plateau, and my funk with going low carb/high fat. Energy level has been low so I have only did one workout this week, so far. I have cut the grass a couple times this week so that counts for something, right? Not to toot my own horn, but I will, my yard looks pretty damn awesome. A few months ago it was all jacked up from mole crickets (or chinch bugs) eating it. With some bug treatment (3 times) and weed and feed (4 times) my grass it thick, plush and gangsta green!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome, Mike! It feels good to break out of a funk. And it feels good to get results from yard work. Great job on the 4 pounds! And sticking it out more than two days
Old 07-07-2012, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Hope, I know that sometimes even a fleeting moment of happiness and comfort is a welcome change. Ergo the cyberhugs.

Nobe, once my DH told his sons (then about 8 and 9) at least five times in an hour to go take a shower. I think DH was afraid that since he wasn't the custodial parent, the kids wouldn't want to come visit if he made them obey. I told him his kids didn't obey because they knew they didn't HAVE to because he wouldn't MAKE them. When he finally saw I might have a valid point, he started expecting them to obey in a reasonable period of time; if they didn't have a valid excuse, they had to mind immediately. On the fruit, yeah, fruit is good for people but too much of ANY food is NOT. Fruit has lot of vitamins, but also sugar and citric acid--too much of either are bad for stomach, blood sugar stability and teeth. Lean protein is good for people, but my doc carefully monitors the protein in my bloodwork because she is concerned my 120g per day is too much. So far she has found no adverse affects, but she still watches those numbers closely. LOL on the $30 per bottle tub cleaner shampoo. Wasting food makes me so sad. I have no tolerance when my grandkids waste food. If they can't eat all they put on their plate, they have to eat it for a snack later or as part of their next meal. That came from my coming from a poor family and often not having enough to eat as a child. A pound can of fruit or veggies served six when I was a child, as did a pound of meat. Mom made enough for second helpings only on holidays or special occasions such as birthdays. A slice of bread with jelly or gravy on it was dessert except for holidays and special occasions when we'd have a treat of cake or pie. We have filling, healthful meals now, but believe me, I learned to not waste food! I certainly haven't got the answers to all your problems--just sharing what we were ABLE to get to work for us.

Last edited by Mern; 07-07-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, ditto what Nobe said--awesome job on both breaking your plateau and on your yardwork. Way to go!

We were supposed to get a break from the heat but our outdoor thermometer reads 103 degrees in the freakin' SHADE right now--in a place that never gets direct sunlight. Yesterday it got up to 102 here according to the weather channel. I am thankful our air conditioning in the house is working great. Decided to not go to the Y--will do an aerobic walking DVD in my living room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.