Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12 >

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Community
Notices

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Old 07-06-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I had a brief stint as a web design instructor. I was kind of thrown in with no lesson plans or anything to cover a maternity leave for about 2 months until they were ready to move on to the next level. I enjoyed it but would have much more had I had any plans and didn't have to wing it! .... Gosh I really wish there was more work in my area of the world to support a designer. I have fallen behind the times now though and all my knowledge is old school. I can still design a pretty page though
And I didn't know this about you. What a talented and diverse group we have here. I'm sure you could pick it up again and catch right up if you wanted to.

How is the book? Worth reading?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
And I didn't know this about you. What a talented and diverse group we have here. I'm sure you could pick it up again and catch right up if you wanted to.

How is the book? Worth reading?
I think it is worth reading. It is described as an erotic romance on the back cover though for mature audiences. So let's just say it is very descriptive.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

About the psychologist: she was hired by hubby's lawyer. She didn't seem to notice (or, she noticed but it didn't set off red flags) that their stories conflicted between when they were alone and when their mother was sitting beside them, or to notice that they were using words and phrases they didn't know or understand when their mother was sitting there (she had clearly told them what to say and made them memorize it). The kids painted her as some kind of Mary Poppins when she was sitting there, and when they were alone they said she yelled at them and bullied them and didn't provide their basic needs. When the psych asked why their stories had changed, they said they'd been lying when they were alone, but were now telling the truth about what lovely mother they had. And the psych believed them.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- oh ive really missed this thread this week- have been having trouble with internet connection. Im back now though so im hoping everyone has been having a great week. Happy late 4th July to all of you- hope there was some great celebrations.

Thankyou all so much for the messages. I had a tear in my eye reading through them all- just means so much that i have support and the things said are so thoughtful but hey what else would i expect from you all!! Fantastic Fitday!

With referrals the school have only just put in for it with a school nurse. I had to visit a doctor first who i got a kinda feeling she thought i was just over-reacting. How can i explain a full 5 years worth though in a 10 minute slot!!! From what i know which isnt alot- i have to demand to be told exactly whats going on. The school nurse will do an assessment in school and im not sure if they will visit me at home. I presume they will need to see her in her natural enviroment. Its when im out and about though that causes most stress. I think she has alot of hyperactive energy.
The school did mention about perhaps a counsilor/psycologist maybe needing to get involved too. It feels a bit intrusive but i suppose what needs to be done is important. She(caitlin) already has speech language therapy which again takes ages for appointments to come and when they do its 5 weeks at a time. Again this is something ive been asking for since nursery and each teacher was filling forms out but nothing was getting done. She has a next start ready to begin for the 'g' sound next week.

Kids came home with their school reports today and they were really good. Shes progressing in all subjects and has met all her targets which im very pleased with. I will be honest and say i wasnt expecting it to be as praising so i gave her 2 reward stickers on her chart.
Its been a great success so far using the stickers and she understands what she needs to do to earn them and the reasons why if shes played up that she doesnt get one. We have been out twice since and i havent been as stressed.
We are going swimming tomorrow as a treat which they and i are looking forward to. I need as much exercise as i can- this week hasnt been my best when it comes to eating properly!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Where in the hell is everybody?? It's like a ghost town now and it's not even the weekend! I've made it 5 days straight with clean eating. My longest stretch in a while. I'm going to try to push though the weekend. If I can do it then come Monday it's on, I see a 5000 calorie day loaded with rum cake.

Health & Fitness
1) Keep total (not net) Carbs under 75g/day (green veggies don't count against me) 33.9, 36.1, 69.0, 58.2, 65.9
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes, yes, yes, no, no (I have to do better here)
3) take vitamin daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) take fish oil daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE 5) 2500 cals deficient for the week -686, -1066, -479, -446, -145 (2822 so far)
6) workout 3 times off, no, yes, off, no (slacking here too)

Non Health & Fitness
FAIL7) Write 2 policies 0, 0, off, 0, 0 (I suck, I've been lazy)
8) to push/ encourage the next person to post here to meet their goals yes, yes, no , don't think I did, nope (Mern, your ass is mine this weekend!)

01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal

Old 07-06-2012, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

Posting an update, just to be accountable. I fell off the wagon, kinda. I haven't done horribly this week. Food has been decent, exercise is where I fell short. I did awesome with water, only one day did I not meet my 100 oz goal, so YAY!!! Saturday is Girl's Night Out, so we'll just have to see how it goes. Catch up with y'all later!!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - I'm stuck using my phone for internet today and this site is darn near impossible on a phone. Will have to log and report tomorrow. Maybe I should make assertiveness (ie "get the bleep off my computer") a goal, haha.

Did pretty well today. I made sweet and sour meatballs for dinner but just had a half a plate with salad, and barely ate the rest of the day. Woke up to 169 on the scale this morning but I doubt it'll stick.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Nobe, congrats on the 169. I hope it sticks.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

1) plan food: no which is why I failed at goal 11, yes, yes, no, no
2) 5 fruits and veggies: yes, no, no unless peach cobbler and rhubarb pie are considered as fruits,no? yes
3) stretch daily: yes, yes, yes, yes, I honestly don't remember
4) one hour writing 5x week: more, no, no, no, no
5) 500 words of "real" writing or serious editing: more, no, no, no, no
6) not feeling well with fibro but try to do some form of exercise 3x this week even if it's only in the house": home routine, no, no, walk with DD, no
7) try not to drink on July 4th (fibro again) ummmmm 2 vodka gimlets and a beer but they worked medicinally believe it or not
8) be kind, especially to DH who has been taking a lot of ca-ca from me lately: Yes, yes, yes eventually, um? yes? didn't see him much, yes
9) water, 8 glasses, come on: 6, 8, ?, ?, ?
10) get in touch with at least one "neglected" friend this week: Rosemarie, Louise
11) no more than 1650 calories with possible exception of July 4th but try to plan, even then: 1689, 1240, 1846, between 1300 and 1400, 1980
12) avoid sugar except possibly 7/4: may have been some in soup and in sauce on store bought chicken but avoided egregious sugar, just what was on my fingers from baking and OK maybe a bite. 7/4 could not avoid desserts could not, Th) took a tast of a Tootsie Roll, spit it out, does it count? F)Ate 3 small horrible candies
13) post something good about every day (stole this from Cassie but love it): M) DD has some very fun new friends (as well as a few good "older" ones and they have been hanging out at our house. Plus I did work today and didn't get totally discouraged by setbacks. T) Made fabulous cookies and brownies and didn't eat any. Really enjoyed watching Downton Abbey. W) great day with friends, made it to the parade, went from feeling awful like I could even move or eat to feeling wonderful (and more than made up the eating...and drinking.) Th) Spent time with DD. F)
great night with DH

I am so depressed, trying to fight it. Yesterday I just kept depression eating even tho I wasn't always hungry, just trying to fill that hole. I'm trying to pull my way out of this, had a few hopeful moments, just feel discouraged, stressed, worried and overwhelmed. Every time things start to go well for DD she seems to get knocked back down. This feels like the story of my life but I don't want it to be the story of hers. If it was just me, I think I could deal. I know this may just be the story of life and so many people, here on this site too, have it hard. I would just love to see this girl be able to enjoy her youth, safely.

Last edited by canary52; 07-07-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Report:

Didn't do as well as I hoped. Ate out for breakfast--food was very well on-plan with a veggie low cholesterol egg substitute omelet and a small serving of cantaloupe, but then I indulged in four individual containers of coffee creamer in 2 1/2 cups of coffee. That creamer, bacon drippings in my green beans at dinner, sugar free chocolate and sugar free ice cream accounts for my sat fat being double my goal. Got to grazing on low carb in the evening even though I'd reached my carb limit with dinner. But I did make a trip to the kitchen with the full intent of eating a snack cake and instead ate a tablespoon of low carb baked soybeans and a low carb ice cream bar so I give myself credit for a controlled cheat day.

Calorie limit 1500 1270, 1378, 1729, close enough at 1513, 1355
Sat fat limit average 11% of total calories 6%, 12%, 14%, 15% gives me an average of almost 12% so far, 22%--double my goal
Cholesterol limit average 250mg 171mg, 218mg, 185mg, 296mg but still gives me an average of 218mg so far, 212mg
Protein average 120g 131g, 131g again, 147g, 153g, 91g but my average is still very well green
Carbs less fiber limit 25g close enough at 25.2g, 23g, 32.8g, 25.8g, 35.5g due to extra fruit and grazing on low carb junk like sugar free candy and ice cream
Fiber minimum 25g 45g, 41g, 53g, 34g, 17g
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, NO
Healthful evening snack:
M: almond butter stuffed celery and cooked spinach
T: a tablespoon of Naturally More Peanut Butter (licked off the spoon) and a protein shake with flaxmeal
W: lean pork chop, sugar free lemonade with flaxmeal
TH: swai fish, banana protein shake with flaxmeal

F: NO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.