Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!! >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Old 06-28-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
April

Also doing the Carmen Electra Aerobic Striptease - I hurt my neck LOL I'm such a loser!
I laughed so hard when I read this... it sounds exactly like something that would happen to me!!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
If you call what Mike is "back."
Yeah I'm kinda feeling Tori's gonna kick his butt.

Also, I do not know if I even want to begin to imagine what the Carmen Electra striptease might be but I'm sure my DH would love to know!!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
Also doing the Carmen Electra Aerobic Striptease - I hurt my neck LOL I'm such a loser!

All I can picture from this comment is something that goes like this...

You are half bent over with abs tucked in and butt out
Hands on a chair, shoulders back
Now take your hair and swing your neck down and flip hair around

Is that how you hurt your neck doing a striptease?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

While that is certainly part of the workout April, it was not at that point that hurt my neck.... I think it was during the instructional part where she has you do your hair swing at the beginning and then she hits you with "OK from the beginning" so you have to do it over and over - of course I was giving it my all which left me so very unsexy! But at least I have fun - I'm sure hubby will have a good laugh but I need a bit more practice to get the routine down....might just have to calm down on swinging my hair all over the place like a crazy person! I thought I was gonna get a leg cramp trying to reach my ankles..... I should make a video of what it looks like when you are not Carmen Electra!

Hope - try it! You will laugh so hard! I swear you will feel it in your stomach from laughing!

Quinn - Its an uphill battle sometimes but somebody has to get there (certainly won't be me!)

Well back at it - day 2 of The Shred..... videos are way better than the Elliptical! Laters
Old 06-28-2012, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thursday

Health/Fitness

1: log EVERYTHING!!~yes, yes, yes, yes
2: calories 1200-1500~1258, 1130 I'm calling it a win , 1322, 1330
3: no frozen meals, fresh fresh FRESH~yes, yes, yes, yes
4: 100 oz water~134.3, 135.2, 101.4, 160.1 a lot of water cause it was HOOOOTTTT today
5: p90x daily (not real sure what I'm thinking )~yes, yes, yes + put in a mile just cause I wanted to, yes (yoga, I LOVE yoga)

I'm so seriously sucking at catching up with everyone. P90X is kicking my butt and I'm out of it by the end of the night. Maybe this weekend???

Last edited by ToriD1012; 06-28-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: got hungry, had a snack, had to edit calories
Old 06-28-2012, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

April-I did see where you asked how I like P90X....so far so good. I'm doing the Lean version because I like more cardio and I do a lot of lifting at work. More cardio is also good for my asthma, so that's just a plus. Ab Ripper X is ROUGH, but in the end it'll be worth it. I'll keep you posted on how I like it.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

An entire week of beautiful, sunny weather... a person could get used to this! I have no back pain what-so-ever when it's this warm, so I'm really enjoying it! Finished a book that I've been trying to get to for months (Lipstick In Afghanistan) and got two walks in today. Starting to get a glimpse of what it will be like in August when daughter leaves for school and it's pretty darn nice! Was invited by some of the parents from town who already have kids at this university for an "after party"... that is, "after we drop them off", at the hotel where we will be staying. They (the parents) sound like a crazy, really fun group. I'm really looking forward to it. Already attended a New Years Eve Party with one of the couples, and didn't get home until 4am! Should be interesting!

This week's goals:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; no excuses!
No, Yes, Yes, Yes (Just barely!)
2. 3 fruits or vegetables minimum per day; no excuses! Yes, Yes 5, Yes 5, Yes 4
3. Take all vitamins and supplements; no excuses! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Walk daily, rain or shine; no excuses! Yes, Yes 2, No, Yes 2
5. Hydrate all day long; no excuses! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 06-28-2012, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1600 calories or less - 1491, 2117, 1174
2) move - got a head start on the painting and did some gardening, painted 7 hrs, not much
3) 64oz water + - 48oz, 64oz+, 64oz
4) 20% protein - 25%, 23%, 19%
5) vitamins - yes, yes, yes

6) post one good thing that happened every day - bought the paint for Wednesday's painting, planted my new flowers, painted!, a friend from high school - who I see about once a year - came to visit
Old 06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie & Hope, I thought about joining this week but have been flaking out every week. Since I started this journey, hell maybe 3 years ago, I have yet to go through a bout as difficult as this. I think my mindset has totally changed. I need to get back to thinking of food as fuel. I haven't thought of it as fuel in quite some time, maybe a month or more. I want to... want to get my ass in gear. I need to change something, I need to change myself. I just need to want it as much as I should. I fear just giving up, because I'm not a quitter.

As usual, my diet has been my down fall. I'm still hitting the gym and staying active. I am just back to enjoying food and enjoying it too much. I think I may try to go low carb again. I know it'll be a huge struggle at first but after a few days I should be okay and actually be able to finish a full week.

The biggest thing, that's eating me right now (no jokes about ME eating everything) is that I'm afraid to lose y'all! I've seen so many people here come and go, and not return. I can't be that guy. I refuse to be that guy, I refuse to lose my family here.

I need to plan ahead again, I need to focus, I need to find the motivation. Most of all, I need your support. I don't need to be coddled, y'all know that that's not who I am. I think I've coddled myself long enough by telling myself that it's okay to eat whatever I want. I've convinced myself that I'm just to damn busy to succeed. That is all BS!

Sorry to babble. Just thinking out loud and throwing it out there.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1363, T: 2153, W: ~3000, Th: 1093
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M:72 oz., T: 70 oz., W: over 64 oz. for sure, Th: 64 oz.
3.) Exercise 3-4x/week - M: N, T: Y, W: N, Th: Y
4.) Study 30 mins every day - M: 5 mins, T: 0 mins, W: 0 mins, Th: 20 mins
5.) Post weight every day - M: 154.6, T: 158 (?), W: 158, Th: didn't have the heart to look...
6.) Something good! - M: Issue that was giving me major stress over the weekend has been resolved, T: My "special friend" () brought wine and we watched Doctor Who, W: Biopsy was waaay less painful/stressful than I thought it would be, and I'm going to dinner with friends!, Th: Planned trains for Europe trip, lots of fun things

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.