Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!! >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike ... You need to find a new plan that you can get excited about. It sounds like you got bored and bored will get you nowhere. I know. I was bored a few months ago and stopped coming here. I stayed at my weight and lost a little but not like I do when I'm actively participating in something. I won't coddle you. I don't like to be coddled either. So get your ass in gear! We miss having you active on the thread and pushing us to meet our goals. At least I know I do
You're right, being bored with what I'm doing makes it that much harder. I was planning on the race to 170 give Tori the boost the she needed as well as the boost that I desperately needed. We both started off strong, then i faded away. I'll stick to that challenge but may need to find an extra push so I stand a chance in taking her down.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Hey Buddy!

I won't let you give up! I've been having a similar struggle since January. I was going to PM you, but I thought it was important for those just starting out to know that no one ever really has this thing 100% under control for the rest of your life. Even people like us, who have been at it for a long time, hit very difficult struggles.

I had the best of intentions to enjoy Christmas with my family, eating all of our traditional foods, and then simply dropping the pounds in January. WRONG! I started out great in January, then all hell broke loose in February and I had no time for cooking and fell to the mercy of whatever people put in front of me or fast food. My 5-6 lb. weight gain from Christmas grew to 9-10. Got myself back under control once things settled down and brought it down to my normal + 5-6. All hell broke loose again a few weeks later... and well, you get the picture.

I know that I have been eating the wrong foods for the following reasons:

1. Stress
2. Comfort
3. Feeling sorry for myself (Why am I the only one my age dealing with all of this crap??)
4. Lack of time to prepare proper meals
5. Fatigue
6. Too many burdens being placed on me by family members
7. Lack of exercise due to time constraints

Within the last week, as you can see by the name of this thread, I have been correcting my patterns because "Gosh darn it... I'm worth it!" (Thank you Mr. Smiley!) My weight is now about +6 or 7, and here it is July... *sigh* But, I will not give up, and I won't let you either. Besides, we both look pretty darn good at our favorite weight! LOL

Let's stick together... when one or the other is being lazy, maybe a stern PM is in order. We don't want to go back to our "fat pictures", now do we???? lol (I sent some of mine to Mike a while ago, and they weren't pretty! )

Come on, Cupcake! Time for both of us to put ourselves first... not work, not family obligations. We are more important than all of those things. One thing that always works for me is baby steps. When I've really been rotten, I correct just one thing a week. This week, I'm mostly concerned with my food choices. Next week, I'll be more strict about snacking. Instead of being all or nothing, try tiny steps back to where you like to be. Then it doesn't seem so punishing.

We can do this, Buddy... we have many times before... it's just been a very looooonnnnggg slump for both of us!

quinn
Quinniepoo we are worth it! I may try baby steps this weekend to get me ready for Monday. I got your back baby! Did somebody say cupcake?

Originally Posted by Jho82
Mike - I have never seen you coddled in this group - whipped and beaten maybe but never coddled! You are right -That is all BS! j/k - joking aside I see that you are struggling and that you are close with the ladies in here and I think that is awesome (cuz they've kept you on track!) I agree with April that you need to get excited about something. But maybe its the challenge that you crave - maybe you need a good challenge for yourself to give you that push. Whatever it is - I hope you work it out dude!
yeah a challenge is nice, that's why it's so hard to maintain. The ladies have kept me in line for a while, sometimes the threats of a whipping helps.

Mike,

Besides, my Bass Fishing/Jello Shot party is in a few weeks... I have to look good when I have my picture taken accepting trophy #3!!! LOL
I'm sure you'll look hawt, as usual! I'm sure you win that 3rd trophy, even if the winning bass falls from heaven above.

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike, this morning after a few days of just feeling like giving up on everything, I decided to come back and try again. I saw your message and it got to me. So maybe we can all give each other support and kick each others' butts. I know you're going through a hard time. I also know that when I eat like crap I feel like crap and I bet you do too. Look at your photo journal and see your journey. You've inspired so many others; now you've got to do the same thing for yourself. Don't make us set Tori on you cause you know we'll do it.
Hope, a good butt kicking seems to do the trick. Right now, Tori is too busy crying about the heat.

Mike, do you have any goals? Back away from the Blizzards? Drop the rum cake? Go easy on the gumbo?
No goals yet. I may use the same goals from many months ago when I went low carb. It took a lor of thought and research to come up with those goals and they seemed to work well.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Hope ... Don't be so critical of yourself. There is a reason that your hubby is with you and while it may not be for your hair, I'm sure there is something about you that no other woman has. And while the tossing of a wig doesn't sound attractive, I'm sure a little tease could go along way.
OH I was mad cute when I was young (tho I prolly didn't think so then) and I'm still cute for an old broad. It's just that with all life's stuff, I feel like a million years old.

DH still does find me attractive but I have been like a snarling dog lately.

By the way, I like your "tease" pun as in teasing hair, strip tease and being a tease. Way cool.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hope,

"Quinn, bass fishing and jello shots? I don't know, something about that just made me queasy."

If I told you the rest of the story, you'd be really queasy!!
I don't know, Quinn, everything you do sounds fun (meeting the parents after dropping off DD, the grad party, etc) except for you know, um, the stuff that isn't.

All the reasons you listed to Mike for overindulging could have been listed for me and I bet others too: stress, comfort and a general feeling of COME ON ALREADY LIFE; has my butt not been whupped enough?

I was driving in my car last night eating an ice cream cone listening to Led Zeppelin and Santana on the radio and I noticed the sunset. I didn't even need the ice cream: I don't even like ice cream. I just needed to get in my car and drive or better yet walk or go to the gym.

I like how Mike calls you Quinniepoo. I think Hopiepoo would just sound weird.

Last edited by canary52; 06-29-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know, Quinn, everything you do sounds fun (meeting the parents after dropping off DD, the grad party, etc) except for you know, um, the stuff that isn't.

All the reasons you listed to Mike for overindulging could have been listed for me and I bet others too: stress, comfort and a general feeling of COME ON ALREADY LIFE; has my butt not been whupped enough?

I was driving in my car last night eating an ice cream cone listening to Led Zeppelin and Santana on the radio and I noticed the sunset. I didn't even need the ice cream: I don't even like ice cream. I just needed to get in my car and drive or better yet walk or go to the gym.

I like how Mike calls you Quinniepoo. I think Hopiepoo would just sound weird.
Dear Hopiepoo, I actually think it's cute.

I LOVE Santana!!!

And yes, life has kicked my butt, big time, for the past several years. I also hear you when you look into the mirror and realize that stress shows... in a multitude of ways! But, for the first time in a long time, I feel a lot more like myself. I'm praying that the "trial period" for my mom works out, because it was just too much for me alone. I had forgotten what normal people live and feel like, as sad as that sounds.

Not to go into detail, but my family history has been tragic... the stuff that they make movies about and pretty continual since I was a teenager. (My husband always says that I should write a book, but no one would believe it. lol) Lots of death, dying, cancer, comas... crazy tragedy, leaving only 3 left in my entire family... extended or otherwise. But, you know what? That's ok. And I don't let it get to me. I'm actually grateful for each and every experience because it has made me incredibly strong, self-sufficient and efficient. I have the feeling that there is absolutely nothing that I can't get through, and there are very few people who can say that truthfully.

I think it was April who said that I seemed to be in a good place right now, and I think that's true. Lots of life changes all at once, but I love change... I get bored very easily. Time for me to strengthen, rejuvenate and live a healthy lifestyle so that I won't end up being an issue for my children in the years to come.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Maybe I should have said Bass Fishing/Jello Shots and Hand Sanitizer... lol.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Dear Hopiepoo, I actually think it's cute.

I LOVE Santana!!!

And yes, life has kicked my butt, big time, for the past several years. I also hear you when you look into the mirror and realize that stress shows... in a multitude of ways! But, for the first time in a long time, I feel a lot more like myself. I'm praying that the "trial period" for my mom works out, because it was just too much for me alone. I had forgotten what normal people live and feel like, as sad as that sounds.

Not to go into detail, but my family history has been tragic... the stuff that they make movies about and pretty continual since I was a teenager. (My husband always says that I should write a book, but no one would believe it. lol) Lots of death, dying, cancer, comas... crazy tragedy, leaving only 3 left in my entire family... extended or otherwise. But, you know what? That's ok. And I don't let it get to me. I'm actually grateful for each and every experience because it has made me incredibly strong, self-sufficient and efficient. I have the feeling that there is absolutely nothing that I can't get through, and there are very few people who can say that truthfully.

I think it was April who said that I seemed to be in a good place right now, and I think that's true. Lots of life changes all at once, but I love change... I get bored very easily. Time for me to strengthen, rejuvenate and live a healthy lifestyle so that I won't end up being an issue for my children in the years to come.
Wow, I did not know all this about you which makes me admire you even more. And envy you a bit because my coping skills haven't been great. But I still keep trying!!! New beginnings all the time!!!

I'm thinking maybe Mike's baby steps is a good idea.

And yes Santana rocks. And I personally still love Led Zeppelin. Great workout music. But I embarrass DD because I sing along. Loudly.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

I am fascinated by this discussion, in a frustrated way.

I am also on the struggling boat since the beginning of the year and have gone backwards, sometimes even feeling like I have no control over it. Sometimes I feel it's my brain, sometimes I feel like my body is fighting against my intact brain trying to get back to a higher weight that it prefers for some reason.

I've run the gamut from feeling like a complete and utter failure to feeling (for a little while) like I've got my mojo back. I go from wanting to hide from FitDay to wanting to ask people here to move in with me to help me through this frustrating time, which has gone on way too long.

It is extremely curious to me that we (Mike, Quinn, myself) have been "food sober" for about the same length of time and are all having the same struggle, to a degree. I wonder if the timing is coincidence or physiological, or something else. I also think about Amy, but for all I know she is doing great and I hope she is, and is just too busy to post .

I can put my finger on any of a number of contributing factors, but the upshot is that I need to figure this out and figure it out soon, as it is having a ripple of negative effects on a number of aspects of my life!

Will check back in later...gotta run to trumpet lessons.

Thank you guys for being here, and who is a weekend warrior? IT'S FRIDAY!!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Mike- no,no,no- i would total more than 5% fat the whole day. Each food can be 5%fat each or under. So if i was going to eat say a sandwich- i would have to check that the bread hits the rules, then the fillings bit by bit. Sorry if not making sense- im not good at explaining things. Its the Rosemary Conley plan- shes a top weight loss guru here. I attend exercise classes and weigh ins also as part of the Rosemary Club.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

I need a warrior type weekend! Looks like to make my goals I am going to have to walk Chloe and weed the flower bed this weekend. Top that off with all my usual every other weekend top to bottom housecleaning, fish tank cleaning, dog nail clipping and possible water cress weeding in my pond ... I might have time to lay out and read that book ??? I hope!

I walked on lunch today. Did you know that today in PA the weather is this?
Friday

Hot & Humid
H: 94° | L: 66°

That is horrible in PA because it is so humid out there that it is hazy. But I walked about a mile round trip to the tool store to exchange a broken screwdriver for my hunny. What a good wife I must be! LOL ... I just started to sweat when I got back. I thank God that I am not a big sweater or I couldn't walk on lunch at work.

Who has weekend goals? I am not making specific ones to write down since they are the same as every other weekend when my hubby works. Clean the house, do the laundry, clean the fish tank, fit in any extras like yardwork if possible and some ME TIME!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

I know, April - the weather! Geez...

I want to be a weekend warrior!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.