FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7626-7-day-motivational-starting-6-11-12-lets-get-party-started.html)

canary52 06-11-2012 12:30 AM

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Ok since I want to list goals I will go first with the same goals I had last week:

Goals:

1) 8 glasses of water minimum
2) 1650 calories maximum
3) walk or gym 3x
4) stretch every day
5) 500 "real" words a day 5x a week
6) 1 hour writing a day 5x a week
7) 5 veggies/fruits per day

So far, I am holding at 133 but it could be stress keeping my weight down. I started reading the primal/paleo thread on this site Saturday night and yesterday I went to a friend's who happened to have The Primal Blueprint sitting on her couch. It seems appealing but honestly I seem to be doing OK with what I'm doing: more fruits and veg, try not to eat too much after about 8. I very rarely if ever eat sugar (Makes my fibro go through the roof.) I eat sprouted grain English muffins, whole wheat wraps and occasional whole wheat pasta. I eat a bit of sugar free chocolate, a lot of fish, a LOT of chicken, some meat and I try for organic, kosher or the healthiest stuff I can find. I eat some low fat lactose free dairy. It seems that as soon as I start to go "on a plan" I can't wait to get off it. Generally I lose weight by restricting calories and doing as much movement/exercise as I can.
However, the caveperson diet and Mark's Daily Apple do appeal but right now I am afraid of getting derailed. I'd like to lose 8 more pounds but it might be a lot for me. Who knows?

OK that's me. And you?

bojibridge 06-11-2012 12:34 AM

Hey, Hope, I just started another thread right at the same time! I'll post here, and maybe the one I started can be deleted :)

I had a pretty good week last week, and would like to continue the trend. I'm upping my goals just a wee bit, so maybe I'll see more red than last week, but you gotta start somewhere!

1.) Workout x4
2.) Under 1400 calories/day
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day
4.) Study 5 hours total

I may add some more later.

It's gonna be a good week, guys, let's make it happen!

canary52 06-11-2012 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 83214)
Hey, Hope, I just started another thread right at the same time! I'll post here, and maybe the one I started can be deleted :)

I had a pretty good week last week, and would like to continue the trend. I'm upping my goals just a wee bit, so maybe I'll see more red than last week, but you gotta start somewhere!

1.) Workout x3
2.) Under 1400 calories/day
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day
4.) Study 5 hours total

I may add some more later.

It's gonna be a good week, guys, let's make it happen!

Oops! Great minds think as one, Joanna. Great goals, so far.

aspikes 06-11-2012 12:49 AM

New motivation!!!

I'm jumping back on the wagon this week. I have a few more pounds to lose, but feel much better about myself these days. Summer is here, swimsuit season and plenty of fresh veggies, yayyyy. Gotta watch my food choices in the evenings, tho, BF likes to cook up not-so-healthy foods. I also think I am allergic to gluten, some things I have eaten all my life are really bothering me lately. Does anyone on here have an allergy to gluten?

Health goals for week:
Cook 3 times
3 big Tervis water
no carbs at lunch
1 soda per day
no trips to store or eating out

Non health goals:
strip 1 bed per day
porch cleaned
car vaccumed

ToriD1012 06-11-2012 01:11 AM

Good Monday Morning everyone!!! I'm in for another week of madness :) I believe Mike is suppose to make my goals again. Not sure though. If he doesn't I'll make them when I get home from work. Catch all you lovely ladies later.

frenchhen3 06-11-2012 01:47 AM

Terribly tired of this plateau... time for a change up... Canary52? you and I have exactly the same goal...we are going to make a dent in it this week. You ready?????

1. Log 10,000 steps a day, no excuses.
2. Drink 64 oz water a day, no excuses.
3. Cut 100 calories out off my daily intake, no excuses.
4. Sleep 8 hours a night, no excuses.

quinnesec 06-11-2012 01:51 AM

I'm in! Busy, busy weekend, but I managed to stay very close to my calorie limits. AND, for the first time in months, I logged all weekend long. Down 5 lbs. in 2 weeks. Hopefully, I can keep it going for a few more.

Keeping the goals the same as they seem to be doable, even with a lot of work to do. Party is Saturday... Can't wait! :D

Weekly Goals:

1. Walk daily, weather permitting.
2. Calories between 1000-1100.
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily.
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc.
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... Will weigh in on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day.

NO DIETING ON SATURDAY! Giving myself a one day pass. ;) Lots to celebrate and be thankful for!

quinnesec 06-11-2012 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by frenchhen3 (Post 83222)
Terribly tired of this plateau... time for a change up... Canary52? you and I have exactly the same goal...we are going to make a dent in it this week. You ready?????

This reminds me of Cassie and I when we originally lost our weight. I didn't lose as much as you, (maybe 30 total) but when we got down to the last 5-8 lbs., it seems like it took forever. I had to really restrict my calories at the end to meet my goal... and as you can see, I still fight with the last 5-7 coming back when I take my eye off of the ball. But happily, I've been able to hold it there since 2010.

Keep going! You really can do it! It may require just a little more calorie restriction than you think.

bojibridge 06-11-2012 02:27 AM

So, Tori and Mike, who won last week??? Inquiring minds want to know... :)

nobe 06-11-2012 03:35 AM

Ok guys, I'm back and ready to go! Same goals as last week...

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 64oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 700+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before
8) no food after 8pm the night before

canary52 06-11-2012 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by frenchhen3 (Post 83222)

Which goal, Frenchhen? Is it the water or the 8 lbs to lose? Whichever, let's motivate each other!

Good job on the weight loss, Quinn! And yes you have a lot to celebrate and I hope the party goes well! I'm sure it will be AMAZING!!!

I notice a lot of us have the same goals as last week; must be working for us.

Mike, where are Tori's goals?

Mern, Amy, April, everyone where are you? Still sleeping (haha)?

01gt4.6 06-11-2012 04:14 AM

Damn!

I'm having a bad time. I just typed a long reply, went to copy back accidently pasted something else.

Long story short, Tori killed me! My AC has been out at the office and it's too damn hot to think! I'll try to post up our goals as soon as I can.

Oh, my scale is broke but she killed me there. I'm probably up since she gave me the "go ahead" on making/eating rum cake. She should know that I have a weakness for rum cake. :(

amalthea1892 06-11-2012 04:19 AM

A few weeks off and my weight is fluctuating over about a 3-4 lb range, depending on the day. I don’t think I have gained much, but definitely have not lost a thing! I am mostly over my nasty cold, work is lightened up a bit, and it is time to get my butt out of my chair and start living healthy(er) again. :o

Goals Week of 6-11:
70oz H2O:
1500 cals or less:
Log every day, pre-log as much as possible:
Minimum of ½ hour exercise:
10 Pushups:
Schedule ME day (hopefully Thursday):

Hope – I have read a bit about paleo, but have not gotten into paleo food as much as I have wanted. It sounds like you have it really figured out with the healthy food choices! DH and I have tried to switch from white rice to quinoa, and we really love it! It fits in the paleo theme, being an ancient grain and all. Great job on holding at 133! 8lbs – you can totally do it, slow and steady!

Joanna – Yeay, great work upping the goals! Yes – it is going to be a great week! I can feel it!

Ashlie – Me too – back on the wagon that is. Two weeks off for me was way too long… How do you know you may be sensitive to gluten, do you have to go cold turkey from wheat products then see how you feel? I think my DH is sensitive to milk as he feels much better when we stick to soy. I hope you find out about your sensitivity! I am not sure what is Tervis water is?

Tori and Mike – Love reading about the switching goals thing! So glad it is working out for ya’ll!

Frenchhen – I love the “no excuses” in your goals! I think I’ll post-it on the front of my computer this week so I am constantly reminded to kick it in gear!

Quinn – 5lbs in 2 weeks! Congratulations! You deserve to celebrate away a whole day!

Nobe – Nice goals! I’m back too (but I was gone much longer…). Let’s go!

:D Ama
39, 5’6”
Started FD Jan 2012; weight 134
Current weight: 127.4
Goal: 123

wjoanne 06-11-2012 04:32 AM

A Day to Join

A good day to start and I need all the motivational support I can get..

My starting goal is to log all my food on Fit Day this week and walk my three and a half miles EVERY day..The walking part I have for years been consistent with but not so much this year..I need to get back to walking marathons and half marathons.

Joanne
61 years old
161 pounds
140 goal by December 3

ToriD1012 06-11-2012 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 83236)
I'm probably up since she gave me the "go ahead" on making/eating rum cake. She should know that I have a weakness for rum cake. :(

awwww Mike's learned to blame others. **sniff sniff** I'm so proud

Saskiasrhythmbeads 06-11-2012 05:54 AM

Hi everyone, saw this thread and thought it would be a good plan to join. I'm 52 years old and my weight now is 74 kg (around 164 pounds I believe)
My goal is around 60 kg. My starting goal is also to keep track of my food on here, and my exersize.

This week:
Calorie intake 1400 a day
fitness 10 minutes a day
cutting down smoking (went from 30 a day to now around 8 a day since last month)

I need to stop eating sweets and not eat too much during my meals. I need support as this time I really want to make it work. I noticed it gets more and more difficult to loose weight, the older I get. :-)

Mern 06-11-2012 07:21 AM

Welcome, Saskiasrhythmbeads. We're always glad to have new members. :)

Good to be back. I fell off the wagon big time over the wagon. Was too chicken to even get on the scale today. Started off my day by going to the gym, though. On track so far today.

My goals this week:
1500 calories
Net Carb (total carb grams less fiber grams) limit 25g
Fiber average 25g
Dietary Cholesterol average 250mg
Saturated Fat average 11% of total calories
Protein minimum average 120g
Exercise 5 days
Water 64 oz.

traceymc1985 06-11-2012 07:54 AM

Hi everyone right im back on track and ready to go!
I had my first bootcamp session on Friday- on a field in the rain working out hardcore and it was great!
Was back at the aerobics class and weigh in today. Brought my sister along to join too for extra support and she wants to lose weight for her wedding next year.
I was relieved to find out my weight was 11st 7lbs- that means id only gained 1lb in 3 weeks of terrible eating. I have goals set to reduce my body fat and increase body water percentages.
Currently my body fat is 36-38% and should be 33%
My body water is 45% and need to aim for at least 50%.
Our results will be on the 1st September and ive set a goal of 10st 7lb so im ready and raring to go!!

My goals this week-
# 2 litres of water daily
# 5% fat rule in all foods
#1200-1400 calories a day
# increase exercise
# reduce portion sizes

quinnesec 06-11-2012 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by traceymc1985 (Post 83249)
Hi everyone right im back on track and ready to go!
I had my first bootcamp session on Friday- on a field in the rain working out hardcore and it was great!
Was back at the aerobics class and weigh in today. Brought my sister along to join too for extra support and she wants to lose weight for her wedding next year.
I was relieved to find out my weight was 11st 7lbs- that means id only gained 1lb in 3 weeks of terrible eating. I have goals set to reduce my body fat and increase body water percentages.
Currently my body fat is 36-38% and should be 33%
My body water is 45% and need to aim for at least 50%.
Our results will be on the 1st September and ive set a goal of 10st 7lb so im ready and raring to go!!

My goals this week-
# 2 litres of water daily
# 5% fat rule in all foods
#1200-1400 calories a day
# increase exercise
# reduce portion sizes

Tracey,

I like your 5% fat rule... I may adopt that. :)

01gt4.6 06-11-2012 09:34 AM

Tori, would you mind setting both of our goals? I'll need a free day today. :(

cjohnson728 06-11-2012 09:38 AM

Better late than never...

Still underwater with work so keeping my goals to a bare minimum this week:

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily.
2. Log everything and post goals daily.
3. Exercise 6 hours (four half-hour runs, at least, included).

I think that's about all I can handle :o.

And topping it all off, my in-laws are coming Friday for my son's tourney this weekend. Not that I don't want them, but there's a lot to do and plan.

Welcome to our newcomers, our returners, and our regulars. I hope you all have a good week!

ToriD1012 06-11-2012 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 83258)
Tori, would you mind setting both of our goals? I'll need a free day today. :(

I gotcha back Homie!! I'll post them when I get home. Unplanned dinner out with the parentals :( But I'm grateful that it's free!! I love my Deddy

quinnesec 06-11-2012 12:09 PM

Healthiest day that I've had, food-wise, since Christmas. Hope I can hold it together later in the week when husband will be taking a couple of vacation days to set up tents, etc. So far, the forecast for Saturday is partly cloudy and 85. Keep your fingers crossed!

Trying to motivate myself to get my walk in but I'm losing steam... worked outside all weekend, which means that the inside of the house and the laundry was neglected. So, I worked on that all day today and it's been soooo muggy!! We're not used to that here, being land-locked and all. It just kind of saps your energy. I think I may run into town and do a little shopping, then walk around dusk when it cools off.

Today's results, so far...

1. Walk daily, weather permitting. Yes.
2. Calories between 1000-1100. Way under.
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily. Way over.
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc. None.
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... Will weigh in on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day. Yes.

quinnesec 06-11-2012 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 83236)

Oh, my scale is broke but she killed me there. I'm probably up since she gave me the "go ahead" on making/eating rum cake. She should know that I have a weakness for rum cake. :(

I still have to make one of those! With my weakness with ANY kind of cake, it kind of spells disaster, but it sounds SOOOO good! :)

By the way, that's how she's going to win... Talk you into Blasts and cakes and then cross the finish line first... quite brilliant, actually! I've used that against my husband quite a few times to win a bet! lol

ToriD1012 06-11-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 83264)
By the way, that's how she's going to win... Talk you into Blasts and cakes and then cross the finish line first... quite brilliant, actually! I've used that against my husband quite a few times to win a bet! lol

I'm so NOT the evil master mind you give me credit to be. Actually the rum cake sounded good and I kinda wanted to live vicariously through his belly :p That and I understand cravings, we all get them and I don't have the heart to say no when someone is being all pitiful. It's my womanly sympathy :rolleyes:

ToriD1012 06-11-2012 01:31 PM

Okay...goals for myself and our resident man...

1) Log EVERYTHING and make log public (with the exception of Mike's free day today)
2) walk 8 miles (weather permitting)
3) EAT CLEAN!!!!!
4) hydrate, hydrate, hydrate

Mike Specific Goals
1) take deep cleansing breaths when stressed, don't blow up
2) no rum cakes, blasts, etc
3) take the bike out first chance you get

Tori Specific Goals
1) cut Jassi's nails
2) get bloodwork done Wednesday
3) plan all meals ahead of time, and follow through on said plans

Mern 06-11-2012 01:48 PM

Busy day today around house: cleaned out fridge and freezer, cleaned oven, did computer file maintenance/decluttering, burned important computer files and photos onto CDs

Monday report:
1500 calories 1406
Net Carb (total carb grams less fiber grams) limit 25g just 16g :)
Fiber average 25g 42g
Dietary Cholesterol average 250mg 236mg
Saturated Fat average 11% of total calories 11%
Protein minimum average 120g 135g
Exercise 5 days YES
Water 64 oz. YES

Mern 06-11-2012 01:53 PM

Joanne, I'm so sorry I missed your initial post on our thread. Welcome! I walk for exercise, too, but only two miles per day five days per week on a treadmill or in my living room to an aerobic walking DVD. Best wishes on your return to walking.

quinnesec 06-11-2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 83276)
I'm so NOT the evil master mind you give me credit to be. Actually the rum cake sounded good and I kinda wanted to live vicariously through his belly :p That and I understand cravings, we all get them and I don't have the heart to say no when someone is being all pitiful. It's my womanly sympathy :rolleyes:

LOL... I kind of do that with my husband, too! If I'm hungry for something, but don't want to eat it, I make HIM eat it. Does that make sense?? :)

Mike gave me the recipe for that awhile ago... I've fought off temptation until now. But, it's sounding pretty tasty right about now! lol

catebert 06-11-2012 02:28 PM

Count me in!

Hope thanks for getting us going again this week!
Quinn Great job on the weight loss!
Nobe so glad to see you’re feeling better and back at it.

Welcome Joanne and Saskiasrhythmbeads!

Mern, how do you get such low fat and high fibre on only 16 net carbs? I have been trying to achieve the same i.e. lower fat intake and up fibre and am not having much success :p what’s your secret?

My goals for this week:
<1400 calories
Net Carbs: < 20
double my water intake from last week
maintain Atkins induction phase one more week
exercise as much as possible (not today - hurting too much from massive gardening push yesterday)

1400 calories: 1188
Net Carbs: 18.1
Exercise: no
Water 64 oz: 48

nobe 06-11-2012 02:37 PM

Not off to a great start. I decided to go to the dollar store to get some baskets and things to organize my kitchen better - it's a 25 minute walk each way with hills, so that was good. But when we got there the kiddo was complaining he was hungry (d'oh! Left at lunchtime without bringing any food) so I stopped at a coffee shop and got him a muffin, and ended up getting one for myself. Oops. Then after we got home hubby came home and he had bought me a cookie. Ugh. THEN I was going to make steaks for supper (a small one for me, with veggies and salad) and I opened the bag and they were GREEN. They weren't green when I put them in the freezer. SO we went out to eat. We were indecisive and ended up at a family restaurant that had nothing healthy. I had lasagna. Really all I ate today was this junk, a small salad at lunchtime, and some yogurt and berries for breakfast, so it's not TOO bad. But not the awesome day I wanted to have. All because of me being disorganized - funny, since it all went downhill when I went to get stuff to organize my kitchen. Sigh. Better day tomorrow.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1660
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - walking 1hr/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 19%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 559
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - no
8) no food after 8pm the night before - no

bojibridge 06-11-2012 03:18 PM

1.) Workout x4: 1
2.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1329
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 80 oz.
4.) Study 5 hours total

Spent a great deal of time and calories getting my blood sugar up today :( I need to figure out my pump levels again now that I've started exercising, but meanwhile it's hell on the calorie count - 330 of today's calories were glucose tablets. Ah well, gotta work with what you got!

01gt4.6 06-11-2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 83276)
when someone is being all pitiful.

:confused:

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 83285)

Mike gave me the recipe for that awhile ago... I've fought off temptation until now. But, it's sounding pretty tasty right about now! lol

It was sooooo good. It's almost gone. The chirrens ate it and they slept like babies. ;)

cjohnson728 06-11-2012 04:19 PM

Check in;

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily. 780
2. Log everything and post goals daily. Yes
3. Exercise 6 hours (four half-hour runs, at least, included). Still have six days, right? *headdesk*

Mern 06-11-2012 04:51 PM

Cate, you asked how I got such low fat and high fibre on only 16 net carbs.

My fat Monday came from

1 slice reduced fat provalone cheese
8 tablespoons flaxmeal
my only meat today was turkey
high fiber, low carb, low fat tortilla
almonds
low carb protein shake (6g fat per serving--I had 1 1/2 servings)
zero cholesterol egg substitute which is zero fat
a tablespoon of natural peanut butter

Mern 06-11-2012 05:14 PM

Cate, the fat in my reports is only saturated fat which doc has me monitor to help reduce high triglycerides and high cholesterol.

I had 14.6g saturated fat which was 11% of my total calories. USA guidelines for saturated fat is 10% or less of total calories. I'm taking baby steps to get down below 10%.

But my TOTAL fat was a whopping 56.2g or 43% of my total calories

Since calories come from only three sources--carbs, fat, and protein--I have to do high protein and more total fat than I would like to keep my carbs under 25g per day to manage blood sugar without meds.

My secret for high fiber, I guess, would be flaxmeal which is zero net carb: 4g total carbs and 4g fiber per 2 tbsp. serving. I have 2-4 servings per day. It's .5g saturated fat, but 4.5g total fat per serving.

ToriD1012 06-11-2012 10:15 PM

Tori & Mike Goals

1) Log EVERYTHING and make log public (with the exception of Mike's free day today): YES
2) walk 8 miles (weather permitting): 0
3) EAT CLEAN!!!!!: bwahahahahahahaha
4) hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: 85.5

Tori Specific Goals
1) cut Jassi's nails: no
2) get bloodwork done Wednesday
3) plan all meals ahead of time, and follow through on said plans: I'll start Tuesday :D

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...wner=ToriD1012

Cate-good to see you back.
Newbies-I haven't missed that you guys are here. A BIG WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
Everyone else-lets have an awesome Tuesday

aspikes 06-12-2012 01:32 AM

Mondays report

Yesterday was crazy busy, storm here so came home to no lights, kinda messed up my house-cleaning goals, but I did cook when they came back on at 8:15! Today is going to be challenging too, my DS8 has a game out of town, gotta be good and sit and drink my water!

Health goals for week:
Cook 3 times yes, 1 down
3 big Tervis water yes
no carbs at lunch none
1 soda per day only 1
no trips to store or eating out none

Non health goals:
strip 1 bed per day no
porch cleaned no
car vaccumed no

catebert 06-12-2012 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 83299)
My secret for high fiber, I guess, would be flaxmeal which is zero net carb: 4g total carbs and 4g fiber per 2 tbsp. serving. I have 2-4 servings per day. It's .5g saturated fat, but 4.5g total fat per serving.

Thanks Mern, I had a hunch you had a secret ingredient! I just found the Bob's red mill flaxseed (did I get the name right?) at my grocery store, and am planning on getting some. I do have some ground flaxseed in my cupboard which I used to throw into baking muffins, etc. but am not sure how to incorporate on induction.

How do you add it to your diet? I need to boost fibre content bcos I have had some constipation which I understand is not normal on Atkins, but I take a painkiller for my fibro so I definitely need to try and fix with diet as much as possible.

canary52 06-12-2012 02:10 AM

Goals:

1) 8 glasses of water minimum- 8
2) 1650 calories maximum - 1509
3) walk or gym 3x -walk with DH
4) stretch every day -yes and a little "gym routine"
5) 500 "real" words a day 5x a week- yes
6) 1 hour writing a day 5x a week - yes
7) 5 veggies/fruits per day -yes

Welcome everyone, new and "old." Mern, good to see ya. Tori, I know you have Mike's best interests at heart though the sabotage thought occured to me too. Quinn, hope the weather holds out. Nobe, you did try, you are not responsible for green steak, plus we all do impromptu things and at least you walked. Cate, so good to see you bak. Flax seeds have some real health benefits; people grind em and put em in liquids; some sprinkle them on cereal or salads. Curious to hear what Mern does.