Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Looking For Gals With LBS to lose! Curvy Hotties Unite!! >

Looking For Gals With LBS to lose! Curvy Hotties Unite!!

Community
Notices
View Poll Results: Have you ever used a diet program such as Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers,Jenny Craig?
Yes, and I had great success!
16.67%
Yes, but it didn't work for me
33.33%
No, but I am considering a program
8.33%
No, they are just not for me!
41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Looking For Gals With LBS to lose! Curvy Hotties Unite!!

Old 07-05-2012, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone! I have had a terrible terrible week involving diet cheating, almost no workouts and bad moods (likely due to the cheating and lack of workouts). Also, I hope I don't gross anyone out by sharing this (women's only corner right?) but I have literally had like 3 1/2 weeks of pms-like symptoms, bloating, cramping, starvation, meanness, ect. and there seems to be no end in sight. I really should go to the dr to figure out the problem, but i simply hate dr's and so I am putting it off.
At any rate, I have declared that I will put mind over matter, and not let these symptoms set me back any farther than the 5 lbs that they already have (hopefully that's water weight right?). I have done very well with my eating today, and did a great job taking out all my aggression on my exercise bike and am now super duper sore all over.
Kaitlyn, it is not absolutely necessary to count calories to lose weight. However, being aware of how much you are eating is necessary. If you aren't around a computer all day, you can carry a journal to keep track. Even if you just try to keep track for one week, to see a rough estimate of how many calories you are consuming, it can help a lot.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Hi All,
I hope everyone has been doing better than I have. I had a horrible Wednesday to Wednesday week. I went to the beach for a couple nights and that combined with July 4th was a spin out of control off the diet. I haven't exercised in a week either. Today I met my calorie goal, and I am determined to get back on track. Before my week of screw-up, I weighed in and had lost 4 pounds in about 2.5 weeks. I was really happy with that. I have probably gained some back, but have to be determined to take that off and then some. Some steps back, some steps forward, but more forward than back I guess, and for that I'm glad. Have to recognize and pat myself on the back when I can for merely staying committed to coming back after each fail. Good luck and love to all!
Kathy
Old 07-06-2012, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everybody! I am having an awesome day today! Perhaps mind over matter, and deciding to not stress about my hormonal issues was the key because today they are gone entirely! I am back on track, woke up and had an awesome breakfast, played with the baby, cleaned my house, made plans to go to the beach this weekend, and then got (halfway) through a completely butt kicking workout. I say halfway because I had to take a breather or giving up was a legitimate possibility. I have started splitting my cardio in half. 10 minute interval workout on my bike, then get off and work some muscle groups (abs and arms today) and then get back on the bike for 10 more minutes of intervals. Burns about 400 calories and I am drenched and no longer cute by the end of it. I hope everyone is having an awesome day!! Keep it up!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

Great job Kayla! So far, so good for me today too. Hope you are all doing awesome, and being good to yourselves!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone! I hope you are all having a lovely day. I am doing great on the diet side of things, and less so on the exercise. My husband came home early because of bad weather, and I don't work out when he is home. I need to get over that, but I haven't yet, so I am skipping today. I'll make up for it with a walk on the beach tomorrow. I found (what I assume to be) a great recipe for strawberry muffins. My idea was to make a batch, and keep them in the fridge for quick breakfast when I'm in a hurry. However I totally destroyed my first batch by forgetting the eggs. Don't do that, they come out gross. I'm gonna try again, with hopefully better results this time. Wish me luck! And here is the recipe if anybody wants to try it. Only 93 calories per muffin!!!

Strawberry Shortcake Muffins — Dashing Dish
Old 07-07-2012, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies! I feel like it's been forever since I last checked in. I too have slipped on keeping track of calories and not making myself exercise. I kept telling myself I was still aware of how much I was eating, and that cheating wasn't going to hurt me. I know cheating doesn't hurt, but I ignored the fact that I was eating foods that I normally wouldn't indulge in if it weren’t the holiday. Hotdogs, chips, smore's, pop.... pasta salads.... I'm hoping I can lose 3 lbs before Wed. nights monthly weigh in. My mind set for these next few days is, “if your not going to write it, then don’t eat it”. Hopefully that will work. I’m also making sure I meet my water goal of drinking 12 glasses or more. I can sure tell when I don’t get them in. I feel so yucky, and my lips feel dry. I’m happy to report that the end of June was my one-year anniversary of being at my heaviest. I have kept 39 lbs off. That feels really really good. Looking forward to September when I can compare my one-year on this site. Have a great day ladies!
Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all! So, I had to get on and share this, I feel like I had a total breakthrough today! I went to the beach with my family for the day, and they were planning a fish fry. So mean right? But i did not write off my whole day, instead I shaved a few calories off my breakfast, skipped my midmorning snack, ate fried fish and fries and hush puppys, LOGGED EVERY LAST BIT OF IT, and ate a light dinner. I still did not stay under my calorie goals, but I did much better than my usual well, I'm gonna eat something unhealthy so I'll pretend fitday doesn't exist and its my last night on Earth and eat all the things. Breakthrough!

Also, I am getting married!!! April 20th of next year I will (finally) get to marry my best friend, and I must look my best! I'm kicking it into high gear because I want to lose at least 25lbs by February. I think I need a cleanse to really get started right. Does anybody know of any good, but also healthy ones? I would love any advice and encouragement anyone has to offer! Love you guys! Stick with it!!!

Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Kayla congratulations! On getting engaged and logging everything. I don't know about cleanses except juice ones, but a few of my friends have done bride boot camp , which seems a little scary to me! Another just cut out all sweet things and walked everywhere. You could try using visualization of how incredible your going to look at your wedding as a motivation tool? I have a supper posh formal wedding to go to in Sept and every time I want to quite exercising or eat something sweet I think of myself in my dress dancing and looking amazing and it pushes me on. Congrats again!

LMB - 39lb? That's brilliant, well done!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much! I think you're right, bride boot camp does seem a little scary, but I think visualization is a great motivational tool! I'm also trying something where I don't take "days off" from exercise, I just have hard days and easy days. 3 or 4 days a week I have a hard day, intervals on my bike and strength training, and then the rest of the days John and I take walks or bike rides around town. And as a bonus, that is usually when we do all our wedding discussions.
I am also considering taking something to speed up my thyroid, because my Mom is a nurse and has watched me struggle for months to lose even 5 lbs, and she advised me that it could be a thyroid issue. They now have things you can take over the counter to help that, so its definitely something I am considering.
Anyway, I hope everybody is having a great day! Love you all!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

edinburghgirl: Yes, 1 year 39 pounds. I don't think I could have done it with out the support from everyone on the forums. I'm looking forward to reaching my next goal weight of 285. I'm currently going inbetween 289 and 292.

Kayla: I now you said your mom is a nurse, but please don't use the otc treatments with out first getting lab test, and talking to you doctor. I'm only saying this because my thyrod changes from lab test to lab test. One test I'll be up a little, and then the next time I will be down. With cutting out soda and quite a bit of sugar, and not using the diabetic sugars has helped me get to where I'm at in my journey. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I feel the less meds one has to take to improve health the better. I always think of the book drug muggers. For every med one uses there is something else needed to sastain the nutrients one needs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.