Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

Old 06-07-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here, but not up with what's going on with the rest of you.

Was composing a long post yesterday, stopped for just a couple minutes to help live-in GD with a baking question, and when I got back found that DH had accidentally deleted my post composition--again. He gets in a hurry and tries to save it himself, doesn't remember how. This is about the third time he's done that.

I have errands to run.

Kudos to all who are doing well, huge hugs to those who aren't.

Will try hard to catch up later today.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay ladies, I know it's only June but I'm going to throw this out there. Which one of you lovely ladies are going to schedule a mammogram this week?? I think that goal would look awesome in someones list!

Hey Mike - It's done appointment scheduled. I go on the 14th! (only 2 years overdue - thanks for the push)
Old 06-07-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the kudos, guys, I'm feeling motivated, so I'm riding the wave as far as it will take me!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Tori...That collage is just amazing! I know you didn't do it for praise. You did it for the same reason that I do...it is uplifting and motivating. I love to compare my pics now! You should too!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Cate, awesome! Good luck.

Hope, Thanks.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Kimbur! Welcome back! Thanks so much for sharing the video. Awesome! My DH was really impressed. too. He really doesn't know much about diving except to say he knows that's a huge accomplishment for anyone, and especially for a woman.

Quinn, glad DD is OK. How'd she cut her hand outside?

Hope, I'm trying to be brave with live-in GD's driving around in her first car, but I am still a bit nervous until she arrives safely home. She thinks I'm overprotective in requiring that she texts me she arrived safely if going somewhere at night. And if she's going to visit friends I don't know (even during the daytime) I must first have their name, address, and phone number so I know how to reach her if I need to if she doesn't answer her cell phone. She has a habit of leaving her cell on vibrate and doesn't always hear it if it's not on her person. My last words to her before she left this morning, after her calm-voiced protest failed to dissuade me from my requirements, were: "Letting your family know your location and that you're safe is a sign of maturity and it's just common courtesy. Even Grandpa and I do that." She texted me at 3:30 this afternoon: "I'm at work now. I luv u." So I guess she accepted it as just a minor PITA--but she's not allowed to use that PITA phrase. LOL

Younger grandkids didn't leave yet to go to Kentucky to visit their Dad, but I had a free day today anyway. OMG it was wonderful. I got all my housework caught up yesterday and kept the house straightened and cleaned today. Had the house to myself but didn't have a lack of stuff to do, so I did three medium loads of laundry, exercised, and ran a couple errands. Even though we treated DS (for his birthday) and GD to dinner out last night, DH suggested we use a gift card I got as a thank you gift from a friend to eat at the same restaurant tonight. I had eaten light today, so had plenty room in my eating plan for the same dinner I enjoyed last night: tossed salad, sirloin steak, and green beans. DH got my bread and dessert. The weather is incredibly beautiful with low humidity and a temp of 78F. What a wonderful, relaxing day!

Last edited by Mern; 06-07-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday

Tori vs. Mike Goals
1) highest % of weight lost: 184.6 181.0
2) most ounces of water per day: 134.3 135.2 152.1 101.4 67.6 101.4 (354oz 338oz)
3) most servings of fruits/veggies (fresh, frozen, V8, doesn't matter): 3 6.5 5 6.5 6 9.5 (14 total 22.5 total)
4) least amount of bread (servings): 0 0 0 1 0 0 (0 total 1 total)
5) most miles walked: 2.05 0 3.01 0 3.00 5.2 (8.06 total 5.2 total)

Tori specific
DONE!1) find a new doctor--appointment made for July 17th! No babies for Tori!!
2) no smokes--check!, none! I even turned down the one offered to me, TWICE!, none
3) no frozen dinners (frozen lunch is okay if working)--all fresh, good to go, none
4) list something that I am grateful for every day!(blah blah biTTy blah )--that Jasmine loves me, that I have someone that will kick me in the a$$ when I need it but who will also coddle me when I need it, Wednesdays are my day off that's something to be VERY grateful for

ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal
Old 06-07-2012, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Old 06-07-2012, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

Just got home from a long, relaxing walk... not much cardio involved. More like chatting it up with a bunch of people that I know along my route. lol Oh well. My day was wonderful. I actually got to get some sun out on my deck so that my pasty, Irish skin has a bit more color. I've been staying on plan all week, with the exception of a little bread... a few less carbs and a little more protein would be nice.

Mern,

Her dad asked her to scrap paint from a little deck with a metal scraper and she accidentally slipped and ran it through her other hand. The stitches are scheduled to be removed the morning of her party... lol. So glad that you got to enjoy a relaxing day as well! The temp. was similar here today, too. It was just beautiful! Not much going on tomorrow either, except that I should go grocery shopping, which I really don't mind.

Your granddaughter sounds like a wonderful, respectful young woman. I still ask my daughter all of the same questions, but I've lightened up now that she has graduated. Several of her renewable scholarships have "morality" clauses... In other words, if she were to go to a party, etc., they can pull the remainder of funds for the following years. So, she does get a lecture about the "cost" of being at the wrong place at the wrong time quite often, even if she's not doing anything wrong. I get a few rolled eyes, but in the end, they know it's just because we love them and want the very best for them.

Weekly Goals:

1. Walk daily, weather permitting. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Calories between 1000-1200... I know it's low, but it's just for 2 weeks. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc. Think clean, clean, clean food. None, None, Bread , Bread
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... results on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 06-07-2012, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a great day, Mern. You deserve it!

Feeling a bit better today. Got some Buckleys for my cough, which seems to be helping. I might go to a job interview tomorrow (it's a drop-in interview, so I'm not being wishy-washy, haha). It's just at a dollar store, but after my last job it might be the kind of low stress thing I need. I'll see how I feel - they're doing more interviews next week so it's not my only shot.

I hope to get back on the exercise wagon by tomorrow too. All the red is bumming me out.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1491, 1551, 1537, 1538
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 1hr walking/nothing else, nada, zilch, 1/2hr walking/nothing else
3) 20% protein minimum - 23%, 20%, 21%, 24%
4) 64oz water minimum - not sure; not enough, 80oz+, 80oz+, 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 716, 516, 527, 566
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - yes, yes, yes, yes
8) no food after 8pm the night before - no, yes, nope - add a piece of toast with pb to yesterday's report, yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.