Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Old 05-29-2012, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
Does anybody here drink tea? How do you drink it and do you add anything to it?
I do, but you may not like my tea.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

No time to chat, but I did see Jho's question:

I drink spearmint tea, decaf green tea, and decaf orange pekoe tea --hot or iced--just plain--nothing added.

Another death in the family. Yesterday my nephew was celebrating his 37th birthday. He went to visit his father (my sister's ex-husband) and found him deceased--coronor said he apparently died the day before.

I'll try to get back online tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I do, but you may not like my tea.
she may not, but I may
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

LOL...what is going on with you two! (Tori and Mike).... uuummmm Should I leave you two alone LOL

Mern - so sorry again! Sweetheart - keep strong! Thanks for the info - I should make sure that I know if the tea is decaf so thank you - that could have been disastrous!

Mondays Report - my goals are not as creative as I wanted but changed it up a little bit!

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER! Y
2. PM workout - interval training - 3 days/week(at least)!! N
3. Min 72 crunches/day! N
4. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (elevated)! N
5. Drink 1 tea/day! N
6. Check in min 2x/day! N
7. Think POSITIVE! (stealing this from you Hope) N
8. Focus more on my sex life! (I won't go into details ladies but I need to do this so its officially a goal!) Y

Hoping all this red will push me for the rest of the week!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I am so sorry for yet another loss in your family, honey. And for this young man to face this on his birthday is so sad. I am sending you BIG hugs and good wishes to your family.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Jho, it's so good to see you back this week.

As for tea, Celestial Seasonings has some great ones. I love their Lemon Zinger (my favorite), their blueberry and also their Bengal Spice. When I am being looser with the carbs I love tea with honey. Intereting little story, a friend of mine went to college in Boulder, Colorado in the 70s. The guys who started Celestial Seasonings rode around on a bicycle handing out free homemade tea samples. My friend also met the writer Hunter S Thompson in a bar there but that's another story...
Old 05-29-2012, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - so sorry to hear about another loss in the family. Thinking about you.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

We went to DD's award cermony in the high school. She got awards in Math, Psychology (not even "her" subjects) and the same award as Mern's live in GD: the Presidential Academic Excellence one. And Mern's GD even got another outstanding Ohio state award.And Mern's GD's BF is also a real smarty pants too.
So Mern I can totally get the joy you must have felt. We could not be more proud.
Considering how down I was today, this was a real pick me up. Considering all the challenges my girl faced personally (physical and mental) this was such an achievement. Wanted to share the good news.

Last edited by canary52; 05-30-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
We went ot DD's award cermony in the high school. She got awards in Math, Psychology (not even "her" subjects) and the same award as Mern's live in GD: the Presidential Academic Excellence one. And Mern's GD even got another outstanding Ohio state award.And Mern's GD's BF is also a real smarty pants too.
So Mern I can totally get the joy you must have felt.We could not be more proud.
Considering how down I was today, this was a real pick me up. Considering all the challenges my girl faced personally (physical and mental) this was such an achievement. Wanted to share the good news.

Congratulations to her and to you and DH, Hope! Y'all have a right to be beaming-proud .

Nicely done, mama!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, so, so sorry. What a tremendous blow. It has been a month of ups and downs for you, I know. Hold on to those you love and enjoy your family, today and every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.