Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come >

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Community
Notices

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

My legs are about 2" shorter having walked for miles today. I only stopped for a few minutes once or twice and then for around 15 mins to drink some water. I've been out from 10:30 and have just got back around 15:30. I kept passing metro stations on the way back and was so tempted but I kept saying, maybe at the next one I'll get a ticket but I never did, probably the longest walk I've had in years.
BF should be back from the course soon and tonight it's all the instructors and students being hosted by the Centre, as he is directing, the head of the centre said he could bring me as well so no lonely meal for me tonight.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie it sounds like your'e doing great and what a smart idea. You gave yourself an out but you didn't take it!!

Mern, how are you today?

Mike, where are you today?

Amy you out there?

April?

What's going on, guys?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- 2 hours til my weigh in and im wanting it over and done with- because this week hasnt been good or bad i dont even know what to expect. I used to stand on my scales everyday but i now prefer to just be weighed at weightwatchers- after all i am paying for all he services!
Ive had a bowl of kiwi fruit with some low fat yoghurt for lunch and endless coffees- now i cant stay far away from a toilet! Ive never known a bladder like it!
Going to prepare a gammon joint dinner now for when i get back- it will be boiled and roasted- i got all fat removed from butcher and im having dauphonoise potatoes- no cream just a sachet that gets made up with skimmed milk and some spring greens and other veg. Mmmmm- cant wait. I be back later with my results.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday weigh-in: 178 (-1)
Old 05-16-2012, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, everyone, for your hugs, prayers and well-wishes for my family.

Mike, someone turned right in front of him when he was doing the speed limit on his bike. He didn't have time to react and slammed right into the back of the car. My bro, also a biker, is furious.

Tori, I love your sense of humor about maybe imagining water as Oreos. I'd surpass my water daily Kudos on your calories this week so far.

Nobe, great report so far this week. Congrats on that one lb. loss. Restless leg syndrome certainly sounds awful. I'm a dark chocoholic, too. If I don't have chocolate, peanut butter, or better yet, almond butter, eaten right off the spoon, at least gives me the richness that chocolate provides.

Cassie, good job this week.

Jeanne, patience is not one of my virtues, either.

Hope, nice job so far. Your 1273 calories Monday balanced out the 1734. Aw, thanks, I'm doing fine. I can see how all the prayers and good wishes are helping my family.

Tracey, best wishes on your weigh-in. Your dinner sounds delicious.

Lizzie, kudos on the walk. Glad BF will be home soon.

Went over yesterday in carbs and calories, not horribly, but I didn't finish logging everything. Did level four on the treadmill at the Y today and it was quite a workout, but can do it. Heart rate target of 124 (80% of max) and level four achieves 133 for me, so I'll stay on level four for a while to get used to it before trying level five.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Amy?
The last month of school is much HARDER than the first. Ugh, oldest has me running six ways til Sunday lately. Performances all over the place, and dear Lord SINGING! She has a nice voice, but she never sings solo, she sings with a pack of 3 other girls (playdate rehearsals right and left, oi). Two with beautiful voices and one COMPLETELY tone deaf, who is also seriously ADHD but who pays attention long enough to know when the next practice will be. I feel bad for her, she needs a mom more than she needs about anything, her life is scattered across a field of people that cannot see past their hatred of one another and focus on her for 2 seconds straight. My bleeding heart however cannot fix her voice, she needs to play an instrument, not percussion, something with a MOUTH piece.

Middle child has had doctor appointments for the arm every other week, it's mending Amen. I also went with her on an all-day field trip to the dunes. Man was that beautiful.

Youngest has also had a couple of field trips, tomorrow we're hiking to the park.

I'm off to school again, it's talent show day. Oldest made it with her singing buds, middle child did not. However on the same day the talent show results came out, middle dd ran the mile in 8:50, eldest ran it in 11:55. It all evens out in the end doesn't it?
Old 05-16-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

WOO-HOO!!!!!!
Ive lost 3lbs- absolutely ecstatic, i cant believe it- all ive been saying is i didnt feel id done that great. When i think about it i think its made a huge difference that ive been making a better effort with cooking methods and leaner cuts of meat, more veg etc.
There was 1 day this week that i ate 10 quality street chocolates and i really thought id have messed it up.
Im so happy- cant remember the last time i was 11st 6lb- it feels great! Only way is down from here and im super excited about finishing the journey ive been on for the past 9 years!!
I might be going over the top but its just how i feel right now.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
WOO-HOO!!!!!!
Ive lost 3lbs- absolutely ecstatic, i cant believe it- all ive been saying is i didnt feel id done that great. When i think about it i think its made a huge difference that ive been making a better effort with cooking methods and leaner cuts of meat, more veg etc.
There was 1 day this week that i ate 10 quality street chocolates and i really thought id have messed it up.
Im so happy- cant remember the last time i was 11st 6lb- it feels great! Only way is down from here and im super excited about finishing the journey ive been on for the past 9 years!!
I might be going over the top but its just how i feel right now.
Will someone please give this girl a dancing banana? She earned it!!! Congratulations!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
The last month of school is much HARDER than the first. Ugh, oldest has me running six ways til Sunday lately. Performances all over the place, and dear Lord SINGING! She has a nice voice, but she never sings solo, she sings with a pack of 3 other girls (playdate rehearsals right and left, oi). Two with beautiful voices and one COMPLETELY tone deaf, who is also seriously ADHD but who pays attention long enough to know when the next practice will be. I feel bad for her, she needs a mom more than she needs about anything, her life is scattered across a field of people that cannot see past their hatred of one another and focus on her for 2 seconds straight. My bleeding heart however cannot fix her voice, she needs to play an instrument, not percussion, something with a MOUTH piece.

Middle child has had doctor appointments for the arm every other week, it's mending Amen. I also went with her on an all-day field trip to the dunes. Man was that beautiful.

Youngest has also had a couple of field trips, tomorrow we're hiking to the park.

I'm off to school again, it's talent show day. Oldest made it with her singing buds, middle child did not. However on the same day the talent show results came out, middle dd ran the mile in 8:50, eldest ran it in 11:55. It all evens out in the end doesn't it?
It's good to see you back. I know you must be crazy busy.

I feel for the girl you describes (and also for your poor ears.) Maybe percussion or some other kidnof instrument would be better?

Glad it evened out with your kids, the benefit of having more than one.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, the congrats dancing banana is from Hope and from me for your weight loss! You worked hard for that and we're really proud of you!

Last edited by Mern; 05-16-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.