Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 05-07-2010, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know if any of you have done this - but I thought it was pretty cool. I lifted up a box for work that I was mailing out. The weight on the box said 16 pounds. I thought to my self - I have lost double how much this weighs. It's pretty cool when you actually feel how much you have lost. To imagine what I was carrying around. I can't wait until i can pick up 50 pounds and say I have lost double this! Happy Friday everyone!! Weekend here I come. Make sure everyone says I Love you to your mom!!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by disujo
I don't know if any of you have done this - but I thought it was pretty cool. I lifted up a box for work that I was mailing out. The weight on the box said 16 pounds. I thought to my self - I have lost double how much this weighs. It's pretty cool when you actually feel how much you have lost. To imagine what I was carrying around. I can't wait until i can pick up 50 pounds and say I have lost double this! Happy Friday everyone!! Weekend here I come. Make sure everyone says I Love you to your mom!!
I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building, so to go anywhere I need to either go up or down 2 flights of stairs (I promise this is going somewhere)... so, when I buy groceries for the family, I have to carry them all the way to the apartment. So... I always remind myself, especially when I carry 10 pound bags of potatoes or other stuff... you've carried a lot more 24 hours a day. You go girl!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

So, I weighed in yesterday... and I've only lost 2 pounds this week... I am going to try harder on my workouts... but I thought for the most part that I was doing pretty good. I did miss my 100 oz of water most days... that and my freaking period started last night so I have been a hormonal psycho, exhausted and craving carbs like a starving cow.

I didn't cave though on the carbs... I went a little easier on my body due to the exhaustion and I am helping my family to re-attach their faces.

Congrats to you all, you are such inspirations! Have a great weekend - tomorrow is my son's first bday party - pizza, cake, soda... and I am having a salad with maybe the topping off of the pizza for protein.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
You go girlfriend!!! Very very proud of you today. I can't wait to see how you do next week after Aunt Flo visits, you'll probably drop like a stone for a week straight! I think hungry and cold go with the territory. I'm so pumped for summer to get rolling so that I don't have to wear layer upon layer anymore. Grouchy is also part and parcel of this journey, but I have to say I've been at this 4 months and I'm less grouchy than I was in the beginning. For the first 6-8 weeks I had to end every other sentence with "please forgive me, I'm dieting". But I'm less grouchy now, or maybe I'm just so used to being grouchy that I don't give it a second thought. I hear you on the short legs too. I mean seriously how many people do you know that have to run full out when the tread reads 4.0 mph?

Keep it up, you're on the right track. None of it's easy, but you're worth it.
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I swear, I've seldom been on such a supportive forum!

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
So, I weighed in yesterday... and I've only lost 2 pounds this week... I am going to try harder on my workouts... but I thought for the most part that I was doing pretty good. I did miss my 100 oz of water most days... that and my freaking period started last night so I have been a hormonal psycho, exhausted and craving carbs like a starving cow.

I didn't cave though on the carbs... I went a little easier on my body due to the exhaustion and I am helping my family to re-attach their faces.

Congrats to you all, you are such inspirations! Have a great weekend - tomorrow is my son's first bday party - pizza, cake, soda... and I am having a salad with maybe the topping off of the pizza for protein.

Kudos to you for not carb caving!!!!! That's a great job! You're doing so great!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:48 PM
FitDay Member

Ok so I am a copy cat... I admit it...

I made a blog to document my journey. I put some picks up of me at 400 pounds. Hopefully it will motivate any lurkers out there to jump start their fitness. More pics to come... much much more.

Diary of a Shrinking Tubba Bubba
Old 05-08-2010, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Ok so I am a copy cat... I admit it...

I made a blog to document my journey. I put some picks up of me at 400 pounds. Hopefully it will motivate any lurkers out there to jump start their fitness. More pics to come... much much more.

Diary of a Shrinking Tubba Bubba
Very very nice. I wish I knew how to do all that stuff! Okay so now that you're blogging you need to add at least one full body photo from today. The only thinner one you have is a head shot, you silly woman! But even in that I can see that you're down to 1 chin, the pretty chin that is. And don't be knocking 2 pounds, it's downward progress, and an accomplishment in and of itself. If you did that every week for a year you would be down by 104 pounds, and almost to your goal.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-08-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Smile starting off the weekend

hi all- was busy this week and just got caught up- everyone is so supportive.

to some of the new friends, I had trouble with exercise at first. I just didn't think I could do any of the exercises, but started out small and as I lost some of the initial weight I felt better about myself and now I'm walking with some co-workers a mile a day on our lunch time. Just a few months ago I wouldn't have even attempted to walk the length of our parking lot, always parked as close to the door as I could. Now I park at the far edge of the lot to get in some extra steps. Start with something you can do, I figured any exercise was better that sitting on the couch and build up from there.

Made it to the next decade yesterday- hit 249.5 on the scale Yea!
It felt like I would never get out of the 250's, but the extra exercise really helped break through and careful this week with my food.

We celebrated cinco de mayo at work and everyone wanted mexican. I decided to splurge and enjoy a treat so I ordered my regular chicken quesidlla and a side of chips & salsa. When it came I was only able to eat 2 of the four triangles that it comes with and ended up giving the chips & salsa away. I can't believe that I used to eat the whole thing and think nothing about it, it really hit home about how much my eating has changed. that used to be a common lunch for me - it almost made me sick to my stomach thinking that I used to put that in my body consistently. So glad that that person is gone and a new healthy me is emerging.

for those of you struggling with the cravings, I like the new yogurts from yoplait that taste like pie or cake. I know it is good for me, about 100 calories and if you close you eyes they can really taste like the real thing. My favorite for breakfast is the Yoplait light Cinnamon roll. It is thick & creamy and so delicious.

everyone have a great weekend- and keep up the good work.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I swear, I've seldom been on such a supportive forum!
Finding support for weigh loss is sometimes difficult, everybody wants you to do it, but they usually don't know what to say. Some of my chubbier friends are having difficulty with my losing weight, it's probably a jealousy issue, and so they are supportive with a touch of bitterness. My skinny friends don't understand why I was fat to begin with, so they are supportive but can't relate. My mom has been saying "oh darling you look like you've been losing weight" to me for years hoping to kick off the journey, so even though she's in favor of the whole thing and supportive, it's almost seems like the same old gentle nagging it's always been. So I come here to this forum for my sisterhood fix and genuine support, you ladies are the best.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by speedyfair
Made it to the next decade yesterday- hit 249.5 on the scale Yea!
It felt like I would never get out of the 250's, but the extra exercise really helped break through and careful this week with my food.
Whooo hoooo hooooo!!!! That's soooo awesome. I finally broke through the 70 pound mark this morning myself. I've been good for days, but every other day I was up .2 pounds on the scale. I've exercised, drank my water, kept cals low and protein high and nothin'. Then this morning I weighed 2.2 pounds less than yesterday? Go figure. The body is a weird and complicated machine... Well I gotta get my butt up and go to the gym. I've been sitting here typing since I got the news that all the soccer games are canceled. Typing is much easier then that huffing and puffing on all that stinky gym equipment.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

Hi everyone i also just wanted to add how great every single member is on fitday! I too have some people around me who i feel just dont like me losing weight and i reckon theyd do anything to get me to put back on the 3stone ive lost rather than lose the 2 and a half i want to. Id like to add its a couple of the overweight ones and if im honest i sense it from my own mother who is not fat!! Why is it that people look at my figure when they think i dont notice?? It makes me feel really uncomfortable and all i wanna do is cover myself up so they got nothing to see. Jealousy and comments like skinny whatever and i hate you (in a laughing way) can really make me feel bad for not staying fatter then them. You see now im actually a good 2stone lighter than most of them- it feels like they want a competition while ive just got on with it and not made a big deal. Why cant people just be happy for me instead of scrutinising me everytime they see me. Yeah id be quite jealous if i had a friend losing weight and i remained overweight but id blame myself for eating badly to remain that way and be inspired to do well like them.
Sorry for going on but i just get so annoyed by them! Thankyou Fitday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.