Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Have fun at the party tomorrow, Jho! Good times .

Hitting the hay (early for me, I know!)...I'm whipped.

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1269
2. Exercise both days. One down
3. Eat clean (Luv, oh Luv, wherefore art thou?) Pretty good, but I forgot tonight and had Honey Nut Cheerios for snack
4. Water...3 big sports bottles. Yes
5. Take son driving once.
6. Make sure said son spends some time studying AP book.
7. Send payroll info. DONE
8. Write 1.5 reports. .75 done
9. Proof 1 report.

See you all in the AM!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:10 PM
FitDay Member

Jho. Hope you are enjoying the party. Makenna is a lovely name, I always wanted an unusual name but was called after both my grandmothers and my great grandmother who were all Elizabeth. I have a friend who has a little girl CoCo and another called Cherry, there are a couple of Storms around and a Jago.

Mern. I did it again this morning, out before breakfast and completed my 30 mins. I'm about to do a house cleaning blitz, then search for a new insurance quote for my car and then off to get a bit of shopping in for next week.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Boo, so sorry to hear about your hand cramps. My DH gets those, too, after exercise, and tried drinking more water, less caffeine, and getting more potassium--none of those helped. I'll look at his last blood test results and see where his level was and if it was low normal, I'll suggest he try upping magnesium intake to see if it helps. I agree with you--doing all the logging and posting, menu planning, and exercise takes so much time out of my day. I don't know how people with full time jobs do it, either!
Thanks Mern. It's frustrating as I love my weights, it makes me feel so strong and empowered and I don't know what I would do if that was taken away from me. However, I've only been taking the magnesium for a week and it seems to be improving already. I'd definitely get your husband to look at his magnesium intake, especially if he doesn't eat a lot of oily fish or nuts. (I don't at all.) I hope it helps him like it's so far helping me. xx
I don't really tend to log my food or exercise, I think I'd get obsessive and I've heard stories about people who weigh things down to the last gram and spend hours in supermarkets scrutinising nutrition labels. Seems very extreme!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi, Boo, good to see you. I hope the magnesium works for you. It is one that is often deficient. I do take a specific supplement for it; it helps with so many things. Good luck!
Thank you! I do believe it's working so far. I only had minimal discomfort yesterday whereas before I'd be in agony. Never considered that it might have been something so simple until I consulted a profession.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Didn't sleep well again last night but I'm enjoying experimenting in the kitchen and dinner will be easy--already have delicious vegetarian "meatloaf" made for me and will just cook pork chops and nuke a butcher shop twice baked potato for DH. Nuked-from-frozen veggies and a salad will complete an easy-peasy dinner.

Lizzie, way to go on your early exercise again today! Today is my scheduled day off exercise and I'm enjoying that freedom. But I'll hit the treadmill again tomorrow. Best wishes on the insurance quote and shopping.

Nobe, kudos on your goal achievements yesterday! Thanks for the idea on the veggie "ground beef" for chili. I'll keep it in mind. In experimenting with a "meatloaf" recipe today, I discovered the dried textured soy veggie protein in my pantry with the addition of beef flavored bouillon powder comes out with the texture of ground beef when rehydrated, too. DH couldn't tell the "meatloaf" I made was vegetarian and he liked it. Since it came out so well in the meatloaf, I'm confident I can use the rehydrated TVP and beef bouillon for a ground beef substitute in just about any dish. OMG, I remember now how hard it was to get anything done when I had two year olds around, but I couldn't help but giggle over visualizing your son hanging on the mop, unloading the dryer as you're trying to load it, trying to swipe the cleaning products. So glad the youngest I deal with now will be eight in June.

Jho, great ages for your kids. Our daughter will be 35 this year. She and her younger brother are 2 1/2 years apart. Oh, I'm so sorry about your postpartum--I've heard that's really hard to deal with. I had what I call PREpartum when I learned I was pregnant with my son--he was not planned and I was depressed for a couple months. But the first time he kicked in utero, that sealed the deal and I was so glad about the accidental pregnancy. He and his sister are really close. How'd the party go?

Cassie, great job yesterday! Hope you enjoy your Sunday!

Boo, I'm glad your magnesium supplement is helping. DH does eat some almonds but not a lot of fish. I do have to log every bit of food I put in my mouth and read all the food labels and I detest having to live with that obesession, but it's a necessary evil for me. I used to be pre-diabetic and was able to bring my blood sugar down to normal through diet alone and now I'm trying to do the same with my high cholesterol and triglycerides. But I'm 65, so all the additional work logging and reading beats the heck out of being on multiple meds like a lot of people my age. Whenever I don't log, it's because I know I've done a horrible job at self-monitoring my health and I pay for it on the scale and with discomfort. If I didn't have to log, I certainly wouldn't. I'm truly glad you don't have the need to do all the work of logging your food.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, I had to come back to the computer because you're on my mind. You are so right to stick to your convictions with your daughter's well-being despite her differences of opinion. Just keep reiterating with her that you stand by your rules and decisions because you love her. Yeah, it's not easy and it's painful to have to be the "enforcer" but in the end it will pay off and she will appreciate everything you have done for her. Big hug to ya!
Thank you, Mern.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Boo, sorry about your hand.

Hi French Hen, glad you joined in.

I have been AWOL, looking at the last college DD wanted to see. Unlike Jho, I was not good, not a weekend warrior. There was too much good food and I partook freely. DD an I went with DH who turned out to be a DH. I think the stress drove me to eat more (but I also just tend to pig out when I'm away.) He didn't tell me till the end of the trip that his Dad is losing his vision in both eyes. He didn't want to "spoil" out trip.

I think DD decided on her school (NOT the one we just saw tho she was tempted.) Fingers crossed because all of us want the "deciding" to be over.

So, Mike you saw mh (of course I remember her) Tori and Amy (and her DH). Who else?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Hope. Welcome back. You're welcome for the grandmotherly advice on sticking to your guns with rules for DD. So sorry to learn of DH's dad losing his vision. How old is he? Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the food on your last college trip. I'm sure you're glad all that is behind you. My live-in GD is going to a local branch of the University of Cincinnati for two years and then will complete her bachelor's degree on the main campus IN Cincinnati. Where we live there is no public bus transportation so she will have to drive to and from school. A co-worker of my daughter's has an older car that she has kept in tip-top shape since she bought it in 1999, doing all routine maintenance as scheduled, and she claims it runs like new. They're going to look at it next week. We're hoping it will last her at least four years while she continues to work part-time and saves up a nice down-payment on a brand new one.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going over in calories today. I was cleaning some more earlier (everything but the bathroom done now!) and went through lunchtime and ended up eating three pieces of pizza for a late lunch. I'm already at almost 1,200 calories. Then hubby cleaned the barbecue and went and invited my mom and stepdad over for smokies and potato salad. He's at the store right now and probably loading up the cart with desserts. I'm making a salad to go with everything, but I know I'm not going to sit there eating salad while everyone else is having yummy summer food.

But I was working my butt off again today, it's sunny and warm enough for a t-shirt, our grass got cut for the first time this year, and my house is sparkly clean. I'm not going to worry about my calories too much. It's been a good day. Although I'll get back to you on the good day when my mom starts saying "do you really think you need to eat that?"
Old 04-22-2012, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: 102oz, T: 114oz, W: 128oz, Th: 84oz, F: Yep, S: No, S: No
2. No added salt M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes, Sun: Yes
3. No snacks after 8pm except 2 sugar free popsicles (my addiction) M: No, T: No, W: Yep, Th: No, F: Yep, Sat: Yes, Sun: Yes
4. Walk on lunches unless raining M: Yep, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yep, F: had to work through lunch
5. Shred 3 days this week (will finish the course) M: No, T: No, W: Yes!, Th: Yep!, F: No, Sat: Yep, Sun: No
6. Weigh and post daily M: 256.6lbs, T: 254.4lbs, W: 254.4lbs, Th: 253.6lbs, F: 253.4lbs, Sat: 255.0, Sun: 253.8lbsChange this week so far: -2.8lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Clean out fish bowl in office M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No, F: No .... FAIL!
2. Clip dog's nails M: Done!!
3. Get out flower pots M: No, T: No, W: No.....I have changed my mind on this one. My roofers bumped our project up to next week instead of next month so I will not be getting them out and in their way. This will be after the roof is done ..... Update Thursday ... I did this anyway. Just got them out and set on the picnic table so that I can pick out the dead stuff and see what is growing this weekend.
4. Read something! M: No, T: about 15mins but I'm counting it!, W: another 15 mins, Th: about 15-20 minutes, F: No, Sat: No, Sun: No

Nice to see so many kept it up over the weekend! I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything but I have been extremely busy. Yesterday was spent running errands for a while after breakfast with the boys and followed by lunch with the boys. Then went outside for almost three hours of bush cutting and hauling limbs away and raking in the sun. I was in heaven! Today was spent dusting & vacuuming the whole house, cleaning three bathrooms and washing, drying, folding & putting away about 6 loads of laundry. Good thing the boys put their own away! LOL I made grilled chicken last night and home made potato & ham soup for dinner tonight. The boys and I had banana pancakes for breakfast today and omelettes yesterday with chicken salads for lunch yesterday. Just ate a yogurt today for lunch because I knew I would be having 2 full bowls of the soup tonight. Ended up only eating a bowl and a half of the soup anyway because I got full. Oh yeah and I cleaned the fish tank too.

Looking forward to another strong week. I feel like I am in a really good place right now. Still waiting to hear from the dr office about the procedure that she wants to do this Friday. I would have ablation as long as it is covered by my insurance. They are working on that end of it.

Kitchen is closed for me so I should have an awesome start to the week tomorrow morning. See ya all in the new week!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

I'm still around, but have had no computer time for several days and haven't had time to log anything or report in for the last 3 days either. I think I still did pretty well on my calorie count until yesterday. Yesterday I was at an all day function that had lots of yummy food and too many treats to resist them all. I passed the cake, soda, chips and cookies, but couldn't help taking several fun size candy bars. Dang, those Heath bars tasted good! I will start reporting in again on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.