Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, guys!

Cassie - I have suggested three times he start using Fitday, and he just bursts out laughing. I know he wouldn't be honest with it anyway, because I've tried to get him to account for his spending and he only writes down/tells me about the legitimate expenses and conveniently leaves out the coffee and junk food and lotto tickets etc etc. Then he says "well I don't know where that money went," like it's somehow better to have lost hundreds of dollars than to have spent it frivolously. He's a child. A CHILD!

Not sure why rants are in white. I started noticing it and figured some people didn't want to see negativity in here? I've been doing it because I don't want to step on any toes, but I have no problem with rants either (I'm full of 'em! haha).

Hope - He could really do with a nutrition class, but he would never go. He has this idea, it seems, that if something is a better alternative to the usual, he can have as much as he wants. Multigrain hippy bread? He'll have 4 slices with dinner. Low fat yogurt? He'll eat the whole tub. Low fat mayo? You don't even want to see what his egg salad sandwich looked like today. Ugh. I keep telling him that all the bread products are the problem (he's eaten a whole loaf since yesterday), but to him it's healthy so he can eat as much as he wants. And don't get me started on the bread and why he also needs a financial course!! He knows he's not supposed to grocery shop, but he went anyway and spent $50 on 8 items yesterday. $4.19 for a stupid loaf of bread! Plus the white bagels, when we have a whole freezer full of multigrain ones. Aaaargh.

Jho - that's what I do too, is try to exercise while I'm watching tv. Most of the time hubby's working in the evening so it's fine, but he makes me self conscious when he's around, so I either end up not doing it, or doing it in the bedroom with the door closed, watching the little 12 inch tv we put in there. Whenever he's "caught" me exercising, he's burst out laughing. Ugh. It isn't funny.

I know it's all just decades of people treating him the way he's treating me. His family is the worst. And he's 47 - I'm sure it's hard to suddenly see things a different way at that age. He's never learned to be a grownup, never learned to see past the moment (like he'll think "it's just a chocolate bar," or "it's just $2 for a coffee," without seeing how all the chocolate bars and coffees add up). We just see the world so differently. I guess I should have known when I immediately started packing on the pounds when we got together.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Is there something in the water today, lol???
Don't get me started on water, either! It's really hard to keep track of how much I'm drinking when someone keeps taking swigs from my bottle. When they've been told a million times.

Ok, I'm done now. Well, until the next annoying thing.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mike. Meant to say that Bad to the Bone is my ringtone.

Mern. I bet you can knock those lbs off again. I've been swinging up and down by about 4 lbs since the start of the year. At the moment I am heading back down and this time I hope it will move past the 150 again. I had briefly hit 147 for about two weeks just before Xmas but that's a distant memory.

Managed to keep the eating in check today despite a frustrating day at work, but I did do a good job of acting as an advocate for someone and prevented him losing his job. He will be marched in and given a formal warning and if he screws up again in the next 6 months then he will be discharged, I just hope he doesn't let me down.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Is there something in the water today, lol???
And wouldn't ya know I've been drinking more water?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

So here's what I just did to make myself feel better: I've lost about 16 pounds now, so I picked up all my weights together (2x 5lb and 2x 3lb) and amazed myself with the fact that I was hauling all of that around two months ago.

We're all awesome for our accomplishments, whether other people notice or care or not.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Great job, nobe! Here's what I thought I was going to read:

Originally Posted by nobe
So here's what I just did to make myself feel better: I've lost about 16 pounds now, so I picked up all my weights together (2x 5lb and 2x 3lb) and clunked my husband in the head.
But then again, we've already had that discussion here about prison food and orange jumpsuits .
Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, crap, I had a long post composed on WordPad and copied to my clipboard, but then it turned out I already had something on my clipboard I hadn't pasted so I lost it.

I don't have time to redo it.

So in general, thanks to all who gave me encouragement today.

Best wishes to those of you with physical ailments and husbands driving you to Cassie's couch. I agree with her--takes time, but if you don't backtrack to your own poor eating habits and continue to lead by example, you may find that your DH's will do like hers and mine and eventually learn from you. My DH won't log, but he eats way better than he used to. Took about 9 years for him to give in and start eating well, but he has lower weight and better health to show for it.

Wishing those of you young mothers needing more ME time some restful sleep and renewed energy however you can get it.

Kudos to all who are doing well on your health, fitness and life goals and huge, supportive hugs to those of you who are struggling.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, nobe! Here's what I thought I was going to read:

But then again, we've already had that discussion here about prison food and orange jumpsuits .
Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Ladies, just a quick check in. I didn't get to read everyone's rant yet but it sounds like guys are doing too well on y'all s lists. Well I'm not afraid to show my face b/c I got my people in my corner!

I'll try to check in a little later. My diet has been off, but I wrote another policy and just got back from the gym.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Nutrition/Exercise
1. Water 70oz per day. Y
2. Cals under 1500. 1423
3. Pre-log food. Y
4. Keep portions small. Y
5. Only 1 piece of chocolate after dinner. No food after that. Y
6. Workout 2x at gym. Exercise at home non-gym nights. N
7. Stay positive! Y

Eat Clean Pact – Forbidden Foods (REVISED)
1. No packaged sweets (cookies, candy bars, etc.). small piece of fruit strip that my son did not finish, so N
2. No donuts or bagels. Y
3. No soda. Y

Just finished 9.5 hours at work, totally missed my work-out at the gym window!! AHHH. But only ate 889 cals so far today so I am looking forward to not having to stare at just salad for dinner YAY! I just know when I call home in a few minutes Hubby will say “how about you just pick something up?” I am tempted… My butt hurts and my bra is bugging the crap out of me so I just want to go home.

But can’t leave without saying:

Nobe – Sorry about the circumstances at home, but very Nice Rant – just let it out and feel better for not bottling it all up inside! Sometimes it takes influence from outside of the family to really kick someone into gear. Like the nutrition class Hope’s daughter is taking, or maybe a friend who is taking better care of himself will spur your Hubby along. But it is sure hard to see someone you love hurting themselves… I see it with my Mom and her eating habits and lack of exercise. She is now pre-diabetic, has sleep apnea, and is on meds for high-blood pressure, and other things she does not even let me know about (but I have seen the med bottles on the counter). Family has tried to intervene but she just nods and says “I know…” Anyway I really hope all gets better with your Hubby soon. If not you have those 16lbs of weights to bash him over the head with!

Stay strong! Ama

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.