Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Community
Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-15-2012, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mern ~ Thanks for keeping me updated on who is joining "Eat Clean" Pact. I added Ana & Amy. Remember, you're the one that got this thing going & so you get all the credit. Just don't think the credit goes to me. How about we say it goes Now thru April 28 (ends the week of April 24 wt goal)with a chance weekly to reset new terms if needed. It goes Sun Midnight thru Sat Midnight. Sound OK?

Amazing on your 1 & 1/2 pounds gone! I'm so glad you decided to re-focus.
Yup! This Pact with you & others kept me from falling on my face last night. It's tough when I'm tired & grumpy.

Ama ~ It's incredible on how focus leads to weight loss. Keep up the great work!

Mai ~ Hi there! Sorry for your troubles. It's good that you're facing up to what's happening with you & your body. I encourage you to keep posting and to focus on what you can do now. ETA: Happy Birthday!

nobe ~ Hope the weather clears up enough for you to walk.

Tori ~ Keep working your goals hard. Don't let RED get you this week!

Terri ~ Yea for your Dad!!!! Sounds like your interview went pretty good. I just hope you get the job that you want most.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-15-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
i think my walk might be a bust again today, it's a monsoon out there. I don't even know if i could get through the puddle at the end of my driveway without getting soaked to the ankles. Maybe i could just go down there and swim some laps, haha.
lmao!!!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Mai, I hope you start feeling better about yourself and wind up having a happy birthday after all. Really, honey, you can enjoy the day, eat cake and other party food and drink in moderation and then come back here tomorrow where we'll all be waiting with open arms to support you. So many of us regained--I regained 14 pounds since last August. BUT I'm back on track and working it back off. We know you can do it, too. Big birthday hug to you!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Mai, happy birthday. Don't worry about it, you should be able to enjoy your cake and ice cream, it won't be the end of the world if you do. And P90X is a quick fix, assuming you are woMAN enough to stick it out. If you can do the 90 days you will bring your body to a place that you didn't think was possible in just 3 months. Are you woMAN enough? It's well worth the torture that the first couple weeks feel like.

Luv, Tori will be red again... I'm thinking by Friday. Tori, wanna make a side bet. hahaha
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Luv, Tori will be red again... I'm thinking by Friday. Tori, wanna make a side bet. hahaha
If you mean next Friday, I agree. Any time before then is questionable.

If you're right, I'm gonna have to start calling you Miss Cleo

Last edited by ToriD1012; 03-15-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
I think my walk might be a bust again today, it's a monsoon out there. I don't even know if I could get through the puddle at the end of my driveway without getting soaked to the ankles. Maybe I could just go down there and swim some laps, haha.
Mike! I can't believe you let this one slip by you!!!

nobe don't do this.....only I'm allowed to! hahahahaha

Last edited by ToriD1012; 03-15-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, maybe you can walk or jog in place while watching TV or doing some other activity after dinner if the rain continues? I do that if I have no computer or DVD access and can't get to the gym. Man, that's some workout going up a steep hill with a baby in a stoller and groceries. Kudos on THAT! Best wishes with your husband's food hiding. Mine finally came around and started eating better but now he's slacking on exercise. And we have a gym membership--the gym is only 2.2 miles down the road. I slack, too, sometimes, though--have to admit that. But right now I'm on a roll.

April, glad you're not stressing. I've had a D&C and got through it pretty easily. Yup, don't worry until you know for sure you have something to worry about--and that might not happen. Big hug and prayers still going up.

Ama, that's cute that hubby #2 is an open book. LOL I just wish mine could walk and chew gum at the same time. He can't hear me talking to him if he's watching TV or on the computer. But I guess a lot of men are like that--something about how their brains are wired differently from ours.

Terri, wonderful to hear that your Dad's eye surgery went well. Glad to provide you with entertainment ranting about my doc. LOL I really do like her, though--she is so helpful and gives me all the time I need to discuss issues important to me. You did a FABULOUS job on your goals DESPITE pizza and Chinese. I had a day earlier this week where I was a little shy on veggies, but I usually make up for it anyway, being such a veggie lover. I love seeing your weight loss! I can't resist the Chinese sesame chicken or lo mein noodles--I literally pig out at a Chinese buffet. I'm horrible and have no self control there. Glad your interview went well and wishing you the best on the upcoming ones, and ultimately landing a dream job very soon.

Luv, LOL! This is too funny! I'm remembering it the opposite--that YOU are the one who put out the challenge to ME eat clean. Remember? I willing to do the Eat Clean pact as long as anyone wants to keep it going. It's really paying off for me. Thanks for your kudos on my 1 1/2 lb. loss. That was QUITE a nice surprise. So glad our pact is working for you, too, especially when it keeps you from falling on your face. It saved me TWICE this week with my hands actually ON the cheat food packages.

Last edited by Mern; 03-15-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Next Friday at the earliest.
Hmmmmm . . .do I bet on Tori or Mike?

Originally Posted by Mern
Luv, LOL! This is too funny! I'm remembering it the opposite--that YOU are the one who put out the challenge to ME eat clean. Remember? I willing to do the Eat Clean pact as long as anyone wants to keep it going. It's really paying off for me. Thanks for your kudos on my 1 1/2 lb. loss. That was QUITE a nice surprise. So glad our pact is working for you, too, especially when it keeps you from falling on your face. It saved me TWICE this week with my hands actually ON the cheat food packages.
Alright- we'll both take credit! Let's just say that 2 great minds are thinking alike.
Oh hoooooo!!!!
So glad you let loose of the merchandise when your hand got hot. That is very hard to do once the touch & smell are into place.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-15-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
nobe don't do this.....only I'm allowed to! hahahahaha
Hahaha! Well I ended up going when there was a break in the rain, and at the furthest point from home, monsoon again! And wind! And general unpleasantness! But I got my hour in and now I look like a wet rat. The kiddo stayed nice and dry under his plastic cover, but I'm cold and wet and grumpy and proud of myself.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Nobe, maybe you can walk or jog in place while watching TV or doing some other activity after dinner if the rain continues? I do that if I have no computer or DVD access and can't get to the gym. Man, that's some workout going up a steep hill with a baby in a stoller and groceries. Kudos on THAT! Best wishes with your husband's food hiding. Mine finally came around and started eating better but now he's slacking on exercise. And we have a gym membership--the gym is only 2.2 miles down the road. I slack, too, sometimes, though--have to admit that. But right now I'm on a roll.
Yeah - sometimes I just run from one end of the house to the other, back and forth for awhile, if I don't want to go outside. I really like walking outside, though; just not in a hurricane!

I was wondering why hubby wasn't losing weight and I was, when we'd stopped bringing junk in the house and he was eating my cooking. It should be easier for him too, since he's got 150 pounds on me. Now I know why! I wish he would get motivated. Even if he lost 100 pounds he'd feel so much better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.