Notices

looking for friends for support

Old 05-30-2012, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Becky! I LOL'ed a lot at your post! I WEAR SPANKS TOO!! I've been MIA for a couple of weeks but I'm back at it! I'm on 3 threads now on fitday! Its a challenge keeping up with everyone but I love it at the same time!

It seems like you are doing everything right?.... So I'm not sure what sort of advice I can give you... The weight seems to come off when I am doing it right too and I have yet to hit a plateau (dreading it)...I find that my eating is HUGE! I used to snack a lot during the day when i'm home with the kids - I cut out eating at night unless it a low cal yogurt or an apple or something. KEEP AT IT. How much water are you drinking? WATER WATER WATER - if you think you are getting enough - drink 20 extra oz! when I started out I was barely drinking 10 oz a day.... now I'm drinking 80-100oz easily and have SO MUCH MORE ENERGY - ITS RIDICULOUS. Drink until your pee is clear! Are you taking any multivitamins!? Thats a big one too - my body responds immediately to these! Currently I'm taking one Mutlibionta everyday and would highly recommend multivitamins! As for cardio.... how much are you doing and have you tried interval? I was reading up on interval training yesterday and had my first one last night. I read that 20 min of interval is equal to 40 min regular cardio! Crazy! Anyway - I'll let you know how it goes this week - I'm aiming for 3 interval, 1 zumba. (I usually do about 20-30 min of weight training/situps/pushups before my cardio).

You seem like a very encouraging and optimistic person - I love that!! Let me know if any of my "advice" might help you! And keep us posted!!

Tracey - HI AGAIN!! hahahhahahhahahahaha - I feel like we are going to be Besties!! Great job checking in everywhere! lol Good luck with your weigh in (whenever you get it scheduled!)

Everyone else - HI!!! Keep checking in!! No excuses!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Jho- LOL Im also trying to keep up with all the threads.
I hear you with the water- i find it really hard to get it down without gulping bottles at at a time then i spend every 5 mins at the loo. I will try harder with it though and hope it helps me rid of the horrible belly thats crept back up on me!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome! I also have to chug down 10 oz at a time - so I make it easy:

10oz/breaky/10oz/multivitamin

10oz/lunch/10oz

10oz/dinner/10oz

20oz with workout!

Right there is 80oz and I sometimes will get an extra 20oz between meals! With 2 busy kids (3 and 17mo) I try to make things easy for myself and find that this method works best for me! I also spend lots of time at the loo!!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Talking I'm new here

I'm new here and I would like some friends and diet buddies too. I'm not 24 yet I'm only 13 but I need to lose a lot of weight!! I'm 5' 8" and 219.4 lb!!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Good place to start Keily! You are so young! Life must be pretty hectic but awesome job looking out for yourself! Check in often! It helps me a lot to keep in touch with people! Check out the 7-day Motivational thread thats on the top of the list every week! Awesome people in there too, to push you along on your journey! Welcome!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Ive been making small steps with my water today and drank more than i usually do- going to carry a bottle in my bag tomorrow and keep filling up when i can.
Your baby is so cute by the way- seems like a long time mine were that small- ive got a 9 and 7 year old- im only 27 but i wouldnt change them for the world- only wish i had my life in place properly before having them rather than ending up a single parent. My choice and was best for all for us. Everyone is happy now- well im getting there- always so much standng in the way and feels like a black cloud is over me these days.

Keily welcome- always here to help every step of the way- i wish id have learned alot more about proper healthy eating at your age!

I try now to make my kids aware and encourage a healthy diet- i dont push it cos i know how easy they soak things up and i dont want them to be aware of body image at a young age but do want them to kno whats good for them. They are super eaters though and will happily fill their plates with fruit, salad and veg.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Well you are a lucky girl Tracey! My little boy eats nothing but pasta, chicken nuggets and cheese... its a constant challenge but I've introduced smoothies! Monster smoothies are disguised with Green food colouring (AKA SPINACH!) and he loves it! I just throw in a bunch of fruits, yogurt, milk, flax seeds, ice and "food colouring"! My little girl is better but eats very little and very sporadically! When she does not want to eat the food ends up all over my kitchen and she thinks this is hilarious....me not so much! Great job on the water and I'm glad you feel confident in your choice as a single parent. It must have been one of the toughest choices ever! I wish you happiness and I think you are on your way - that cloud will move soon enough. I think we all feel this way at times! Remember the big picture!

By the way - she is cute (thank you) but she is also the devil in disguise!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Its only as the kids got older they started to eat better- i guess they became less scared by it lol- i always just say try it and if theydont like it okay but i will try again and give them it again but in a different recipe. They are adventurous though and like to try new shapes/colours fruits and veg.
I became a single mum just before my 21st birthday and since then have been on a rollercoaster- mixing the good with the bad but yes im getting there very slowly and i believe 1 day i will be fully content in my life- if theres such thing!
Thankyou for the support in all aspects of my life rather than weight- it all ties in together though doesnt it with moods etc.

Today ive been off track again- dont know where my mindset has veered off to- had some retail therapy today, my partner (who i met in my darkest days- 7 years together in July) treat me to some lovely new summer clothes and today it rained all day! Typical lol.

Foodwise ive not been on track again- heads not in right place when iv not got weigh ins- roll on next wednesday when i can start again. I need to try not to gain though til then- this is a challenge- amazing how my mind changes when im not being weighed!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Im Cathy and recently turned 22 yrs old, ive been over weight for as long as i can remember, i just joined today and i think the best thing to help me stick to my goals to lose weight is to join a support group with anyone who can relate me
Old 06-02-2012, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Jessica, I'm Lydia, i'm 25 and a mother of one very rambuncious little boy who just turned one. I had a c section with a ton of complications and I am finally ready to start my road to weightloss. I am weighing in today at 225. I started last week at 231. My goal weight is 135-145. I have always had a problem sticking to it, and would love to have some support through this as well. My husband is a junk food eater and a guy who loves to dine out which makes it even harder to stick to it. If anyone wants to keep in touch i'd love some pen pals to keep eachother on track. My email is [email protected].

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.