FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Who's got just 10-15 Pounds? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6798-whos-got-just-10-15-pounds.html)

beccafries 02-15-2013 02:05 PM

Chris any diff in the ABS is awesome..u go girl!!

I'm 137.8 :)

Seem this post is not getting that much feedback anymore...lots ppl
are not posting..... we all kinda slip up a lil bit with weighing in each
week etc....

I hope everybody start to post more often when they can ;)

jonjaxmom 02-19-2013 05:12 AM

Maybe we should think about closing this and starting another??? new date, new blood?

beccafries 02-22-2013 03:07 AM

Good idea Chris, I think we should :)
I'm still maintaining...137.8

ZoeDuc 02-28-2013 02:48 PM

Finally getting back on track! Gained 15# since Christmas. :mad:
Being accountable for everything I eat on the food journal really helps!
I love this site!

jonjaxmom 03-01-2013 05:46 AM

sticking with my fitness changes, I am getting stronger, but the darn scale is stuck as usual. Fluctuates between 141 and 143.5. I used to weigh every day, I decided it isnt productive for me, so now I weigh in only weekly. Did a Great squat challenge in Feb. got up to 235 squats at one time, whew!
Today I began another challenge for March. pushups, situps and planks. By end of the month should be able to do: 95 pushups, 33 situps and hold a plank for 2 mins, 15 seconds. It may not get my weight down, but my abs will be like a rock! LOL

beccafries 03-04-2013 01:53 PM

Welcome back Zoe
Great Job Chris

Im hanging steady

kseniya64 03-13-2013 05:05 AM

140 t0 130

I am so in! I have no scales and plan to be honest when look at myself in the mirror! Counting calories really focused me, I feel I can do it. I cant exercise at all, I had an accident, all ok now, but I cant walk at the moment. Sooo, calorie counting is my only tool. I feel great, its day 3. My secret so far- two boiled eggs in the morning, it really feels you up! and tons of water with electrolyte powder for energy.

Good luck to us all, we can do it!;)

5f5in
140 now
would like to be 130 by Tha New Year, which is on 14th of April :D

carolynnq 03-13-2013 02:29 PM

Welcome, kseniya64. Sorry about your accident...:( Can you do any exercises with your arms? And, I agree - eggs are filling. I usually make myself a 1-egg omelet for breakfast: egg, 1 or two vegetables, and a little cheese.

beccafries 03-17-2013 04:50 AM

Hi everybody!

Spring is in the air...Im gonna try do more walking outdoors...

139.2 today!

ndps 03-17-2013 02:15 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am a student and in between jobs. I have put on some weight, and I really need to get going and lose it. It's the stubborn ten to fifteen pounds! anymore great tips to get me motivated? I recently rejoined my gym.

xqzciara 03-18-2013 07:24 AM

Im new to this, so hey everyone, and best of luck shifting the last few pounds! I myself am hoping to lose 11 pounds (want, not need) in about 9 weeks, Iv only shifted 2 in the past 3 weeks but to be honest I did cheat a few times (A sneaky McDonalds and some chocolate.Oh the shops are dangerous around Easter) Hopefully its possible, Im trying to stick to a very clean diet but due to work and studies can only do about 15 mins exercise every couple of days. And no cardio..this is something I need to find a way to squeeze in!

beccafries 03-21-2013 02:20 AM

Hi to all the Newbies :)

You can do it....you just have found out what works for YOU..and drink
plenty of water!!!!!!

Let's keep this post active... Please and try and weigh every week on
whatever day that works for you and post your updates here!!

It's maybe a couple of us who still try and do that each week ;)

I'm hanging steady same wt....no gain is good too huh :D

xqzciara 03-21-2013 06:23 AM

water water everywhere, since starting iv gone from drinking about a glass of water a day to drinking 2 litres per day..so am peeing sooo much hahaha. already feeling the benefits though, my skins and mood have improved :)

sarahsez 03-22-2013 01:33 AM

Here goes ....

Hi--Have been using FitDay off and on for years--on, when I'm eating healthily, off when I'm not.... Never used the forums before so am hoping with our mutual support I can lose 15 and then maintain. I'm semi-antique (67), still working full time, and am back in school and am finding that fatique and late-night study sessions leads me right back to the fridge. I'll post my weight tomorrow. Good to be here. -- Sarah

seotukhoa 03-22-2013 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 74631)
Week 1 weight: 139.4

So I got the drill yesterday:
NO Grains, that is no bread, crackers, or cereal of any kind this week
NO Rice, brown, wild or white
NO Pasta of any kind including Dreamfields and other protected carb foods
NO Potatoel
And of course absolutely no sweets
NO Corn of any type which includes tortillas (low carb included)

Breakfast: eggs or plain yogurt (some fruits allowed)
Snack: apple or orange (required)
Lunch: meat (~5 oz) and salad
Snack: nuts (this will be a bit tricky as nuts are a trigger food. I'll have to keep the serving under control)
Dinner: meat and veggies.

Beans are allowed and the list of dairy is pretty short. No cheese this week.

And the usual: Lots of water, and brewed tea.

So that's this week.

Although keeping track of calories isn't really part of the program, I'll definitely do so anyway.

Miracles do happen

beccafries 03-22-2013 02:05 PM

I had a lil wt gain...too much celebrating
141.0 today :mad:

I may be away a few wks, got some work trips that may be happening
soon... I will try and check in n weigh if I can.

Ya keep up the good work

Sblicken 03-22-2013 11:20 PM

10 - 15 lbs over that is me! So not normal for me. Lifetime exerciser and dieter here! Im 5'9 and Usually weigh 145-150 now weigh 160:(
Been depressed - gave up all those things I was used to doing to keep weight at bay.
Then dad died 2 months ago.
Anyhow started ant depressant and phentermine to hopefully jump start me again.

Anyone tried the combo? Just started today?

vibhanaidu 03-25-2013 05:51 AM

Pretty cool... I am going to try to follow this regime as much as I can... Let us know how you did...

michelle8447 04-05-2013 11:19 AM

last 10 VS first 10

the first 10 was pretty easy for me, pretty much cutting down carbs did the trick, but the last 10 was quite challenging. nothing seemed to work, then I started increasing the intensity of my workouts. I use an online fitness membership site they have a "fit body transformation" program design for woman. It still took me almost 60 days to lose the last 10 lbs, but it was mostly body fat, so the results is more "visually" noticable". ;)

outdrsgrl05 04-10-2013 11:32 AM

I'm back. .to lose the 15 again. . :P

It's been almost a year, and unfortunately I regained all the weight I lost. Was really depressed after my last breakup of a year ago. .and then also depressed from my Grandma passing away.Unfortunately, I wasn't as diligent about my eating habits, and started gradually eating more junk. :( Also, hand in hand with that my exercise habits went out the window. .I would go to the gym one week, then not go another week. I weighed myself, and this is the heaviest I've ever been. (145 lbs at 5' 5"), ideally would like to be 125lbs.
I've modified my eating habits to only veggies, lean protein, nuts, low fat cheese, and non fat greek yogurt. Am limiting bread to just a slice, two times a week. Have also started going back to the gym on a continuous basis, working out for 1 1/2 hours, 4 days.
Was just wondering how many grams of carbs you should restrict yourself to. .?

michelle8447 09-04-2014 05:15 AM

Losing the last 10 pounds what worked for me

Losing the last 10 pounds was surely the most difficult part! I started weighing 145 pounds, and I joined an online workout program called WorkoutBuddyX.com, basically it's like P90X + Insanity, but much easier and designed for women.

Anyway, I was losing like 5 pounds per week for the first 3 weeks, and that felt amazing. My energy became higher and I was able to do longer workouts, but then I was only losing about 2 ~ 3 pounds per week for the next month. So, after 2 months, i'm now down to 120 pounds, not bad, but i was trying to reach 105 and the process seem to slowed quite a bit than when I started. I then talked to my trainer at WBX and he suggested me 3 things:

1. do the high intensity workouts BEFORE the biggest meal, for me, it's usually dinner. The body burns carbs faster after an INTENSE exercise, but that only works if the workout is intense enough

2. Increase the vegetable intake to 6 servings per day, so 2 serving each meal, including breakfast. And fruits do not count as vegetables. they are count as crabs, that what I've been doing wrong.

3. increase water to 10 glasses per day when I' working out and eating all that veggies. the increased fiber need more water to move the waste products out. Honestly, this was actually harder than it seems. but really paid dividends.

Anyway, it still took me another 6 weeks to reach my goal weight of 105. But i'm also able to keep it off. So hope that helps for you too! :)

IsabellaMo 01-04-2015 07:37 AM

Hi everyone, just read through as much of these posts as possible!! Interesting approaches and results! I managed to drop my last 6lbs with a 9 day detox. I kept a blog if anyone would find it helpful to read.

Gohealthy1 05-29-2015 02:01 AM

Hi Kimber96,

What kind of vegetables can you eat? I would recommend eating eating as many as you can and avoid carbs. Carbs make you fat. Think about it. Your body has been fed for many years with the same food. It is in a comfortable zone. I has to change and to be trained like teaching to a dog how to sit. Processed food like pasta and bread is not good. if you include meat in your diet, you are accumulating and nutriments. check this out:

I hope it helps. It works well for me.

Cheers,

G.