Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1.) Less than or around 1300 calories/day: 1279, 1350
2.) 64 oz. water/day (I recently started on a medication that's a bit of a diuretic, so I really want to stick with this one): 96 oz, 64 oz
3.) Exercise 3x (third time will be a stretch, but I'm aiming high!): 1 down
4.) Don't fail Astro 585 exam on Tuesday: Done-went okay
5.) Finish Astro 530 HW by Wednesday: Almost there
6.) Talk to potential advisor about research: Meeting end of the week

Today was pretty good. I wanted to go to the gym, but after sitting at my desk, programming straight from 10:30 am to 8 pm, well, you can see why it didn't happen. Tomorrow, though!

Tori - thanks for asking about my insulin. I think I'm finally leveling off! It's good to have it back under better control, for sure. It was a big adjustment, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I get on the insulin pump March 13th, so that will be a whole new adjustment!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 PM
FitDay Member

April. I'm glad you put in FOR HIM, coz that's exactly what you are doing and always keep that in your mind no matter what he tries to make you feel. You are looking after his best interests as good parents do despite it hurting sometimes.

Mike. I see they just cracked the human domino push in New Orleans, looked awesome.

I'm not doing badly but am working very late all week so can't log on often, then I just about manage to skim the posts.

Remember ladies today is 29 Feb so if you want to propose to your loved one, today's the day.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Remember ladies today is 29 Feb so if you want to propose to your loved one, today's the day.

Hmmm...we've been married almost 19 years. Wonder if he would still say yes?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, forgot to post that I looked up the 30 day shred on youtube and proudly made it through my first day at 5:00 this morning. I only skipped one set of jumping jacks to breath. Holy crap I need to find something to stop the excess movement during jumping!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Lizzie, human domino??
Old 02-29-2012, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn: Saw on the news about that storm, yikes!! March is coming in like a lion. Mother nature seems confused this year -- Blizzards in October and March! Wrong season, lady!!

Mike: You are a policy-writing machine!

Kimbur: It's the first time I've broken the Shred down myself, haha! Maybe I'll break down level 2 when I get there. I've actually never done Level 3, I always quit, but not this time!! Man, how do you do like 950 cals a day? That's so inspiring, especially with all that activity. You've really got your eyes on the prize! You go girl!

Luv: I like your idea of adding one healthy habit at a time with the water and veggies. Too often we try to go for it all at once.

Darlene: The work search is plowing away, thanks for asking A lot of the deadlines I've already applied for are in March, so I'm likely going to have a spell here where I keep waiting to hear back. I've also followed up on some of the jobs I applied for back in November. Some of them have been filled, in some cases it seems that the position was cancelled due to lack of funding, and in other cases they still haven't gone through the prospects yet. So I might be forced to siton my thumbs for a bit, which I hate. But if I hear anything I will let you guys know! The puppy training sounds ADORABLE! If you take pictures I might need some cute in my life!

Shalafi: Great job on the shred! Maybe add some more protein to your salad if you want to get your cals up, or sneak in a snack with your after-dinner coffee? And drink that water girl!!! You can do it!!!

Tori: Girl, WOOHOO you got your workout in!!!!!!!! NICE JOB! It does feel awesome when you get a benchmark like suddenly walking faster than a person who used to beat you up. Crow about it, you deserve to! Go ahead and steal the meal plan if you want, I totally have it written down for the future, lol. And hey, I like your attitude -- consequences or not, you just do your thing. But there are still consequences! Bwahaha!

April: Nice job on the Shred! Good for you for only skipping one set of jacks -- it's totally the "catch your breath" part that takes getting used to since there's no resting. You can do it! It's nice that it's a fairly short workout, and you are a rockstar for doing it at 5 in the morning. And I know, the jacks are a pain with the girls. Strap those things down!!!!

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals
1) Calories between 1200-1400. Really aiming for 1300. M: 1,160 T: 1,766 (Week Average: 1,463)
2) 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY. No excuses, not even working late!!!! M: yes T: yes
3) 1 or 2 extra cardio sessions at the gym M: no T: no
4) Calorie deficit of 4,000-5,000. If I keep cals at 1300 every day, this should be extremely doable. M: -861 T: -262 (Week Total: -1,123)
5) In bed by 11:30 every night M: close, but no cigar T: No. BF is keeping me up. I need to put my foot down.
6) Protein between 25-30% on average for the week M: 33% T: 26% (Week Average: 29.5%)
7) At least 80 oz. of water daily M: 80 T: 84
8) Take my multivitamin M: yes T: yes W: yes
9) Weigh in daily and post here M: 160.4 T: 159.6 W: 160.0
10) No eating out for lunch all week, with the exception of lab meeting M: yes T: yes

Other Goals

1) Continue job search/applications, follow up on jobs with no news M: Did some follow ups (about 4 or 5), one application in T: Got a couple replies but otherwise no progress
2) Get midterm exam(s) done by Wednesday, latest M: not yet T: not yet
3) Take some "me" time every day M: No T: yes
4) Don't sweat the small stuff M: yes T: yes
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: no makeup T: yes

Calories were over yesterday, but in the sweetest way possible, so I have no issues logging and moving on.

So, when BF and I lived in New York, we lived right down the road from this GREAT pizzeria. It was a little hole-in-the-wall joint you'd never think to walk into, and we only found it because it was next to the dry cleaner's. Anyway, the food was amazing, but their white pizza was OUT OF THIS WORLD. We used to order it on special occassions -- white pizza with grilled chicken and shrimp, and we'd have it with a glass of wine and just toast awesome food and cuddly nights, during my fat days, lol.

Yesterday, BF had the day off and he decided to run to the grocery store and pick up all the ingredients so we could make white pizza ourselves -- we needed a few things at the store anyway, so it gave him an excuse. And bless him, he bought low-fat mozzarella and low-fat ricotta cheese thinking of me, though he bought a very high-cal pizza crust (he forgot that I try to use whole wheat whenever possible, but it's ok). Last night I got home and he showed me everything he bought and he said he wanted to make "our special pizza" together -- not for any particular reason but "just because" -- and I could never be mad at him for such a sweet idea. So we baked up our own white pizza with chicken and shrimp and had it with a couple of glasses of wine on the couch like the good 'ol NY days. It was really, really sweet of him, so even though I'm over calories (mostly due to that crust!!! I ate 600 cals of crust!) I can't even be mad about it.

Also, I learned that the low-fat ricotta really had no flavor on the pizza. It provided texture, but maybe there's some other substitute we could use in the future? Healthy doesn't have to mean bland. Other than that, though, we did a great job for our first white pizza attempt!!! If I could change out the crust and add more flavor rather than the no-taste ricotta, I'd do it again.

Other than that I did okay, though I need to put my foot down about bedtime! My weight is up a little bit but it's such a small tick up that it's probably just noise. It'll go down again

Happy Leap Day everyone! Hmmmm, Lizzie -- proposals, huh? It's been 7 years now...my ring finger feels naked!

~Terri
Old 02-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

I know I just posted but I need to vent worries/frustration here...

My Dad is... I love him dearly, but to put it bluntly, he's killing himself. He's obese (if not morbidly so), has emphysema, had a triple bypass 2 years ago, and has Type 2 diabetes. He quit smoking when I was about 17, but that's about the only healthy thing he's done for himself that I remember (and he only did it because he nearly died of pneumonia). His diet consists of cheesy foods, starch, junk food, full-fat meats, you name it. Everything bad.

After his bypass, he lost about 50 lbs. and was doing well in his rehab. I thought he finally turned a mental corner and saw what his unhealthy habits were doing to him. His diabetes got better, too. Then he tore his bicep in the process of his rehab and just stopped all the progress, quit dead in his tracks. Now he's fatter than ever. He's developing cataracts (due to his diabetes) and can't drive. He was supposed to go in to get his cataract surgery today only to find his blood sugar tested at 341 and they refused to do the surgery.

So now he's apparently at his doctor's office, yelling at the doctor about why "his diabetes medication isn't working" when he's not controlling his diet, exercise, or life. I'm fairly certain he'll be put on insulin.

I love my father so much, and it kills me to watch him killing himself. I know we've all gone through the roller coaster where family members (or ourselves) just don't seem to get it and keep on with their habits even when they're slowly killing themselves. I'm just at my wit's end, and I don't know what to do. I (and my mother) can't be the food police, and he doesn't want to hear it whenever I talk about lifestyle changes.

I know there probably is no advice other than to keep loving him, telling him so, and trying to maybe lead by example, but he's 1,000 miles away and I can't reach him.

I dunno, maybe I just need a hug. I want my father to meet his eventual grandchildren some day.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I am sending you a BIG HUG. So sorry about your Dad , honey. Here's another hug. Double hug.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

1) lower carb- Y, Yish
2) avoid sugar - Y, Y
3) stretch, even gently - Y, N
4) 6 glasses of water every day - 8, 9
5) do not be critical - Y, Y

I am very fibro sick. And sad about DD.

May have to go back to bed. Hard to sit up.

Much love to all,
H
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Terri sorry to hear about you dad. Cyber hug for ya ((((((((terri))))))) there is no explaining the denial people get into regarding there own health. I have had patients have an amputation due to poor health habits come home and do the same exact thing putting there remaining limb at risk. Lots of love to you!

Hope sending you a hug too ((((hope))) feel better.

Mike I have gone back to 1100-1300 calories at the advice of some trainers. At 900 I was exhausted and had to nap just to get to the gym and once there my workouts were less than 100%. It's just too low for me. I get it now. So the weight will have to come off slower so I can maintain my muscle and feed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.