Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Check-In for FitDay Challenge

Hi Tal! Hope your day went well today.
------
Caloric Goal: Now I'm 2 for 2 with this goal. Today was a good day for staying AT/BELOW Caloric Goal. This is my battle right now. So, we'll see if I can put the numbers in favor of the "AT/BELOW" camp tomorrow.

Water: This is a big thing for me that I'm consistently meeting my water goal this week. In fact, I increased my goal from 48 oz last weeks to 64 oz this week. Yea!!!!
~~~~~*****~~~~~
FitDay Challenge *~* March Onward
Check-in: MON - TUES - WED - THURS
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

THURS MISSION -> Log in food BEFORE eating. DONE
FRI MISSION -> Measure Meat Servings carefully.

FIT => Focus * Intake * Train
FOCUS {Mind & Heart}
*Audio Bible (10 Chapt):
*Hlth Group (Bk Study): DONE
*Thankfulness Journal (x6): x4

INTAKE {Nutrition}
FOOD.'.Think {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {Extra 1-2}
*1600-1700 Calorie: AT/BELOW x2 (M_R) ::: ABOVE x2 (T_W)
*Water 64 oz: YES x4 (M_T_W-R)
*Supplements: YES x4 (M_T_W_R)

TRAIN {Movement} M_T_W_R
*Aerobic (150"): 105"
*Muscular (2x Each): Arms x2 ~ Legs x2 ~ Torso x2
*Mindful Miles (10): 7 miles

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-02-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Copy Goals.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Some Montana pix:

Ungroomed trail after a couple inches of snow

A few more inches on top of groomed trails

The Isaak Walton Inn. The rail cars (5 cabooses and 1 locomotive) have been refurbished as living areas. We looked into renting one of the cabooses - and may do it in the future, but it is a little more expensive.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by canary52
I am exhausted but spent a great night with my DD. The energy of what all you have given me is helping me somehow. I will tawk more tomorrow.
Hope, I'm thankful for your good time with your daughter. Are experiencing some peace? Please keep treating yourself with good rest.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 PM
FitDay Member

Wow! Pam, what a bunch of fun! I've lots of smiles here because of your gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing them.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
FitDay Member

Pam Beautiful pics thanks for sharing.

Nice actual's for all of you

Have a great night and may tomorrow be filled with hope and joy for you all.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=4.5k, T=6.2k, W=0, T=6.5k
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk, T=Hike, W=0, T=Hike
Squats 4 days: M=N, T-Y, W=N, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=N, T=Y, W=N, T=Y
Arm work 3 days: M=N, T=N, W=N, T=N
Calories less than 1400: M=1706, T=1384, W=1378, T=1371
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-229, T=-584, W=-791, T=-830
No sugar: M=N, T=N, W=N, T=N
Old 03-01-2012, 06:26 PM
FitDay Member

Pam. Wonderful photos, that lodge looks like just the place to get away from it all

Hope. Talking is good, we're all here for you.

BF is coming over for a week but he will be working away this weekend so I get to pick him up from the airport, bring him home, collect his kit, take him up to the transport and wave him off until Sunday. Hopefully then we will have at least 3 to 4 days to ourselves before he has to run a course. Then another free day before he flies back. Haven't even started thinking of what we will do as its been so long since he was here and had free time to spend with me. Maybe we should look at a few wedding venues.......
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Hope None of us are born with the ability to be perfect parents, we all make mistakes and most of us just try to work out what's best for our kids as we go along. When one of our children is in pain, of whatever kind, we tend to blame ourselves and beat ourselves up because we are seemingly powerless to help. However, the choices we make when we are raising them are usually the best we can make at that time with the information we have and that's the bottom line. Yes we maybe could have done things a little differently but who's to say that things would have turned out any other way.
The parents on this site all sound normal, loving people who are trying their best to understand and do what's right in sometimes very difficult situations.
I salute you all and admire your strength because as we know there are some out there who can't or won't love their children and who just abandon them when things get tough..
Thank you so much for this. At one very low point last year when my DD was running off to her friend's house to escape my hurt and anger, I got upset and told her she could leave, go live there. She was so hurt but then I said "Of course you know I would be down our front steps waiting for you when you got there and bringing your bag right back upstairs." I will never give up on her.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Thank you so much for this. At one very low point last year when my DD was running off to her friend's house to escape my hurt and anger, I got upset and told her she could leave, go live there. She was so hurt but then I said "Of course you know I would be down our front steps waiting for you when you got there and bringing your bag right back upstairs." I will never give up on her.
I am touched by the love you have for your daughter. It brings tears to my eyes. I can only imagine what my mom went through. Unfortunately she left this world before getting to see me at my best. So pardon me if I live vicariously through you and your daughter. hope you two have another good day.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know if it's premenopausal stuff? I'm 44, the diet, the extreme gym routine, pms or what but I am an emotional mess. I swear I could cry at the snuggles commercial. Sigh. Hope this passes soon.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Hope i feel for you. I am not a parent but i know i was a difficult child/teen and early adult. Don't loose hope for her recovery. Becoming an adult can be such a difficult time and she obviously feels a lot of emotional pain. Most cutters feel they are some how letting out some of the internal pain when they externalize it by cutting. If you have never been there it can seem so extreme and beyond comprehension. But when it's you, you're just trying to deal with the pain and get through life. I struggled for years with inappropriate coping mechanisms: drugs/alcohol/binge&purge/cutting. It took years but i finally hit a bottom and got help. Fast forward and I am 16 years clean and sober with a career as a RN. So don't give up, she will find her way. I can't imagine how painful it must be to watch from the outside. My heart goes out to you.
Kimbur, this post really got to me and really moved me. I was a very troubled, very difficult teen (all the stuff you mentioned plus some minus the cutting.) It is only now as a parent that I can even begin to imagine what it did to my Dad. One intense thing is my DD says to me over and over that she wouldn't want to be a parent and when I ask why she says "look at all you've been going through, I wouldn't want to deal with someone like me." And I say, "Ask me if it is worth it" though honestly sometimes I do despair. I know my DD is not doing this deliberately. I know she has been in terrible pain and that's what kills me. I wish I could say I was calm and strong and reacted well. But I did not, I fell apart. But I am trying to pick up the pieces and to help. I have always tried to listen. I do talk too much. And trying to get her to go back into therapy hasn't worked. What would have helped you, if you don't mind my asking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.