Notices

New here, looking for tips

Old 02-02-2012, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default New here, looking for tips

Hello! My name is Danielle
Anybody else here struggling with weight loss with PCOS??
Any success stories or tips on resisting those sweets and breads that lead to great weight gain with us PCOS women?

I have felt discouraged on and off because I have slip ups and have off days where I don't work out or eat a lot of sweets. I have trouble gaetting back into the swing of things when that happens.... how do you guys overcome this?

Happy weight loss!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Danielle,

As one of the Moderator's here I'd like to welcome you to FitDay.

We have a lot of resources here and of course, great tools for losing weight.

What are your weight loss goals?

Please check out our FAQ's/Newbie Q & A, How To's, Supporting Links & Tips to acquaint yourself with the Forum and the FitDay software.

Best wishes!
Old 02-03-2012, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Well I don't have PCOS tips, but I can tell you one of the most important things I've learned this time around is how to forgive myself for a slip up and climb back on the wagon the next day, the next meal, even the next bite. People here call it different things, one of the moderators refers to it as "all or nothing thinking", which I think pegs the situation. Another poster has a quote in her signature that says something to the effect that if you drop and egg you don't just turn around and drop the other 11 do you? We're human, by design we're not perfect, we're not all the same, weight loss plans that work for some don't work for everyone. You sort of have to figure out what works for you and fitday can really help you hone in on what that might be. So welcome aboard and good luck to you.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

I have PCOS, but it's not something I worry too much about. Fortunately, I did not develop it until after I had both my boys. I do understand how it can be painful. I've been fortunate in that, so far, my PCOS hasn't hindered my weight loss. I've found I have less pain, though!

Good luck on your weight loss and lifestyle change.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Yet another one post wonder looking for 'tips'.

FitDay Member

* Send Message
* User Lists
* User Notes (0)
* Edit User Profile

Last Activity: 02-02-2012 09:33 PM

Original post: 02-02-2012 09:33 PM