Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 01-31-2012, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Amy: LOL! You're awesome, GREAT job on your Monday, woooohooooo!!! I wish you'd come drag me to the gym, I'd pay to see that! Seriously though, I think the 4-hour challenge is a PERFECT challenge for me. In the course of a week if I do my exercise it's usually somewhere between 2.5 and 3 hours, so four hours is a stretch for sure but not impossible by any means. I don't back down, so I ACCEPT!!! What are the consequences if I don't do it?? Should I take a picture with a sign that says "Almeeker kicked my butt" in the mirror? Haha. Your story with your daughter is TOO precious, I don't know how you stopped laughing long enough to explain!
I had to bite the inside of my cheek, and even that wasn't enough to keep a completely straight face. DD is a rather serious child and doesn't take being laughed at very well, she's really smart and had been sort of poking me about the "how" of it as we discussed getting a male rabbit or taking her rabbit to a breeder. But she's 10, we just had the talk about "puberty" maybe a month ago, so as a mother I was struggling with the "how much do I tell her" business. You see my own mother is a nurse and when we had that conversation, she basically turned me into the Dr. Ruth of 4th grade. I haven't decided yet if that was a good or bad thing.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning All!!

I FINALLY got a full nights sleep last night. I didn't even fully wake up when Jas was walking on my head around 3 this morning, just kinda shooed her away. I'm not even a lil bit bitchy today either, so that's good. My drivers appreciated it today. I have, however, been slammed at work. To the point where I was SO behind it was starting to really get to me. I really dislike being behind schedule. I knew how many drivers were waiting and I was itchy to get it all done. To the point I couldn't stand still. And now that everyone is out, I'm peaceful again. Getting ready to find some lunch and have some quiet meditation time.

Check on y'all later!!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
4 hours is a cake walk sister, you can do it, in fact you have to or you will face public humiliation on this thread and quite possibly on facebook, so there, HAH get it done. If you wuss out and give up, you have to dress like Larry the Cable guy (complete with fake or real arm pit hair poking out from your sleeveless flannel shirt) and post a pic here on Monday morning, so we can all make fun of you and your bodily noises/functions. And I'll add that if BF interferes, he has to dress up as Mimi from the Drew Cary Show. There is that motive enough for you?
Public humiliation!!!! I accept! I'm sure I have a sleeveless flannel somewhere... or BF does! I'll let him know about Mimi too -- in fact I am texting him right now and he's saying he's gonna march me out there and make me jog on the disc golf course if I need to.

Speaking of which - I want to make sure disc golf counts? It's like regular golf, so there's lots of walking, except you stop to throw a frisbee rather than hit a golf ball, and the distances are mostly-shorter. If that doesn't count I'll make myself jog between holes, will that suffice? I can't run with the bad ankle, but jogging I can do with a brace.

And hey, you'll be better than my mom with the birds and bees conversation -- she came while my sister and I were in the bathtub at age 7 or so and brought a cucumber as a prop!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

You guys are cracking me up this week! I need it.

I have a lot going on so won't be posting goals this week just wanted to check in so you know that I am alive. The stress that I have been trying to get through life while pretending it doesn't exist mutliplied this weekend more than I can count. And I'm still doing my best to go through daily life without everyone in the world asking what's wrong. I just can't handle that question right now without tearing up or actually crying.

I am doing fine health/fitness wise. I'm up about 1-1/2 lbs this week for TOTM so I'm not even concerned about that. I'm just going to keep doing what I know how and that is portion control and exercise. I did let the exercise go during the end of last week but I'm getting back at it tomorrow morning bright and early.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

April-my advice would be to take a few minutes and just go chill for a little bit. Wishing you peace of mind as you go through this time.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
April-my advice would be to take a few minutes and just go chill for a little bit. Wishing you peace of mind as you go through this time.

Thanks Tori. I do that as often as I can but my desk is one of customer service with the public (our customers) so I can't be all red & puffy when they come in or they start asking if I'm okay too and it just gets worse from there.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

April, huge hug to you and know that I'm keeping you in my prayers. Kudos on the portion control and exercise, but it looks like you need stress relief more. On the other hand, if it makes you feel better to have control over that, then go for it.

Amy, that is the cutest story about DD with the buck humping the doe. LOL I got a SUPER deal on Nature's Bounty last week. Our Walgreens chain pharmacy had BOGOF plus I had a $3 off coupon on fish oil and also BOGOF on my vitamin D3 plus a $1 off coupon. I got $74 worth of supplements for $33. As I'm sure all of us here do, I reached to the back of each row to get the ones with the furthest expiration dates.

Terri, I'm almost hoping you fail so I can see a pic of you dressed like Larry the Cable Guy--but sans pit hair! LOL Disc golf is great exercise. OMG, are you SERIOUS about the birds and bees story with the cucumber?

Tori, so glad to hear you got a good night's sleep! Wishing you a peaceful day.

Last edited by Mern; 01-31-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern

Terri, I'm almost hoping you fail so I can see a pic of you dressed like Larry the Cable Guy--but sans pit hair! LOL Disc golf is great exercise. OMG, are you SERIOUS about the birds and bees story with the cucumber?
I'm afraid I am. She didn't use it as a prop persay to show anything, but she was using it to show how a guy's anatomy is different from a lady's anatomy. I still to this day don't know why she thought she needed a prop, but I've never really thought to ask her about it.

As an adult, my response to that is "In a man's dreams!" since she used a fairly prodigious cucumber.

To be fair, I've never forgotten that conversation. But I totally became the little know-it-all at school and blabbed to all my friends about boys and cucumbers. I don't want to know how many angry phone calls my mom got - she never said a word, though.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

That is great news about your eyes Mern! It is so great to have all your hard work pay off in such an important way, I'm so happy for you!

Julie
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Monday Goal Check in

Hi everyone, I'm late checking in today because I had to work out at a client's most of the day and I just got back. Of course, after dodging birthday cupcakes here at my office yesterday, they were my favorites, they had chocolate peanut butter cake for a birthday at the office I was at today! I was able to say no to both, but you know how it can be, people push and push, probably because they want you to join them in eating what they know they shouldn't be eating either so they don't feel so bad! Anyway, glad that's over and I'm on track for the day!

1200-1400 cals 1220
80 oz water64 oz
Treadmill T-Th-Sat
5000 steps on non TM days 3491
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.No
Post here every dayYes

Today will be a bit higher calorie day, but still within my limits, hoping to do some weights and floor stuff this evening if I not too late here at the office. Have a great afternoon everyone!

Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.