Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 02-01-2012, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, she knows! The oldest girl will be 13 in a couple of months and SIL keeps saying things like "I really don't want my kids to do the things I did when I was 13-15" LOL
Old 02-01-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Haha! I think that too. I was a good girl though. I just met my hubby when I was 15 yrs old and he was 21. He was my first. Is my only! <3 And we married 10 months later. But I honestly can't imagine my 14 yr old in the same place I was at 15 a year from now.

I had to grow up quick with my child hood though. I would think that makes a difference. My hubby always tells me that I wasn't just a 15 yr old kid. I was already a woman.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Complaint to blessing: that huge Sears ad on FD that comes down over the text is so FREAKIN' ANNOYING! Yeah, I know I can close it but it's still FREAKIN' ANNOYING! But it's helping to keep this a free website, so I'll count it as a blessing. LOL

April, hey, we respect your privacy. We can keep you in our prayers without knowing any details. Big hug to ya! I'm glad you got in exercise that made you feel good and that you are on track to get your water in today. Yes, eating well has so many benefits besides just looking good.) LOL, yeah, girls and boys DO take the birds and bees stories differently. On the age difference, I tease DH about having robbed the cradle because I'm 6 1/2 years younger than he, but I was 23 when I met him. His grandfather at age 35 married a 17 year old woman. Don't know if she was that womanly for him or if he was just a dirty old man. LOL

Originally Posted by taubele
...a fairly prodigious cucumber.

To be fair, I've never forgotten that conversation. But I totally became the little know-it-all at school and blabbed to all my friends about boys and cucumbers. I don't want to know how many angry phone calls my mom got - she never said a word, though.
Terri, oh, my Lord! I think the size of that prop would have been enough to scare me into being a virgin for the rest of my life. LOL on your blabbing at school. I remember a girl in elementary school telling me that nine months from Saturday she would be an aunt because her brother was getting married that day "and they're gonna 'DO IT' that night."

Julie, thanks for your congrats on my eye checkup. I spoke with the doc this morning about the omega-3 and exercise, though, and she disagrees with the test technician that omega-3 and exercise are beneficial for glaucoma, but it's great for lots of other stuff. Kudos to you on avoiding the cupcakes and cakes--and I agree with you that sometimes people do push us to cheat so THEY won't feel so guilty about indulging. Congrats on your calories and posting on Monday and Tuesday! Good quality food is just as important as the number of calories in my book. Kudos to you on that. I hope you get in some better sleep and exercise.

Mike, if Terri's butt will swell from the pizza, then I literally will have "cinnamon buns" from yesterday. Yeah, that was a pretty good save "y'all are EVERYTHING to me." LOL You had a really good green report yesterday. I hope TOTM is easy on you. Enjoy the chick flicks. LOL Maybe I'll move to California. I hear the medical marijuana is easy to get there. My husband won't notice the difference because he think's my mind is always confused anyway. LOL

Amy, goats ARE smarter and they eat anything they want. Oh, crap! Now I REALLY want to be a goat. I've never seen an obese goat. They do have a lot of facial hair--don't know if I want that. BUT they also don't have to shave their legs. Wonderful that you had such a nice calorie deficit and are down on the scale today. 3.8 lbs. is something to crow about! Oh, is THAT what that is--leaf mold! Pollen, mold and woodsmoke drive my sinuses nuts! I can eat Stevia, but am not crazy about it, either. LOL on black bean flour reminding you of me--but it's nice to be thought of. I think of Mike every time I pick up a jar of Naturally More peanut butter. I never heard of black bean flour, but I'll certainly look into that so see if I could handle the carb count. I'm familiar with only the kind of glaucoma I have. That's great news that your family's kind of glaucoma is operable and that your mom is so happy with her implants. Sparkly eyes are so pretty. I started out with eye drops several times a day for dry eye and then graduated to prescription Restasis twice a day and got tired of THAT. But there's no doubt the omega-3 is working perfectly to ward off dry eye. My opthamologist didn't recommend the omega-3 until I asked a few years ago about trying it instead of Restasis. His reply was, "Sure, go for it! Our tears are MADE from omega-3. For my eye allergies, I use over-the-counter Opcon-A drops but I'm hoping since I bumped up my omega-3 the pollen allergies will be easier on my eyes from here on out. Makes sense that well lubricated eyes would be less sensitive to pollen. We shall see.

Quinn, "a more beautiful ewe." I got snorty chuckles out of that one. Sorry you didn't get your walk in. Hope you can enjoy it today. LOL on the Happy Meal. Hope you enjoy your Barbie toy. We have a local home cooking restaurant that is great with senior citizens--the veggies are steamed, they offer zero cholesterol egg substitute in omelets, and even have a senior's menu with smaller portions. The latter is embarrassing to me because they often ask me if I want the senior portion and I tell them no, I'd like the full portion. Hey, great job yesterday despite the bit of bread.

Tori, turkey burgers are great if you put the right stuff in them. Like meatloaf, there's a million ways to make it. Amy had some great ideas. I usually also add a little bit of olive oil so it won't be so dry. Congrats on your good day yesterday and on NOT smoking that ciggy. I'm an ex-smoker. I KNOW how hard it is. Keep up the fight. OMG, I had tears rolling down my face laughing over your DN birds and bees story!

Kay, kudos on the exercise!

Luv, keep up the good work!

Darlene, that's so sweet that your puppy likes the youngest cat. She is darling and sounds really wonderful. Dog clothes crack me up but I'd never put them on a dog myself, either. Yeah, the new pup will afford you a lot of extra exercise. So sweet that DD made her a scrapbook page already. Hey, great job yesterday, even with the cinnamon hearts. (ooh, I love those) That was such a coincidence--LOL. My low carb lasagna noodles I ordered online arrive while I was typing this post to you. I can't eat them this week because of my really bad cheat yesterday. BUT I could start earning them today and NEXT THURSDAY, after a whole week of clean eating, I could make some lasagna.

Kim, thanks so much for your understanding and encouragement about my bad cheat yesterday. You did a nice job on your food and fitness yesterday and down a pound a week is a wonderful, sensible goal.

Last edited by Mern; 02-01-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Haha! I think that too. I was a good girl though. I just met my hubby when I was 15 yrs old and he was 21. He was my first. Is my only! <3 And we married 10 months later. But I honestly can't imagine my 14 yr old in the same place I was at 15 a year from now.

I had to grow up quick with my child hood though. I would think that makes a difference. My hubby always tells me that I wasn't just a 15 yr old kid. I was already a woman.
You realize he tells you that so he doesn't feel like a dirty old man, right?
My SIL met bro. when she was only 16 and he was 20. She and I were friends before they started dating and she "knew" of him through a friend of hers, just didn't know that he was my bro. until I had to borrow his truck one night. She came running up to me asking "why are you in Dirty's truck?" (his nickname at the time was Dirty, for some godforsaken reason) When I explained that he was my bro. she was all excited LOL!!
And awwww at him being your first and only!! That's precious!! SIL says that she doesn't regret my bro being her only, she just wishes they had waited to get married (although she wasn't as young as you were). She says that she never got to "live" her teens and early 20s because she was a wife and mother.
And now don't I feel like a dirty ole ho cause I'm not as "pure". I mean, it's not like I have to use a calculator or anything, but GGEEZZZZ.....If I ever have kids I'm gonna lie to them and tell them their daddy was my only. What's a little white lie???
Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, turkey burgers are great if you put the right stuff in them. Like meatloaf, there's a million ways to make it. Amy had some great ideas. I usually also add a little bit of olive oil so it won't be so dry. Congrats on your good day yesterday and on NOT smoking that ciggy. I'm an ex-smoker. I KNOW how hard it is. Keep up the fight. OMG, I had tears rolling down my face laughing over your DN birds and bees story!
I added what I'd normally add to a beef burger, but apparently I'm going to have to kick it up a few thousand notches! I really wanted that cigarette too!!! I won't lie, I sneak one every now and then. Especially when I'm drinking LOL! But I resisted the temptation yesterday. I'm not one of those ex-smokers who hates the smell, I LOVE the smell of cig smoke! I guess it's because I had to quit rather than wanting to. But when your butt winds up in the ER becaue your lips were turning blue and you had an O2 sat of 79%, you do what you gotta do! Oh, that DN! He's soooo funny!! What's funny is when SIL told me his response, I could SEE him saying it! He's quite the character!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-01-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Amy I think it’s funny with stevia people either love it or hate it I do not hear a lot of in between. It frustrates me to no end when my mind blanks out something I ate until it’s too late I had that happen a couple weeks ago with a serving of nuts and suddenly that handful of nuts put me 140 over for the day. Your calorie deficit is awesome so far this week. Cosco in Canada, not sure if it’s the same where you are carry both prairie natural and jaimenson vitamin for very reasonable e prices and my naturopath says both brands stand up well for quality and pureness of their products.

Kay Our dogs have all been rescues 2 from shelters and lucky was from a lady whose purebred dalmatian “let” the dog next door jump the fence and she was going to destroy them as she couldn’t sell them as registered pups. I bet your dog is beautiful what an amazing mix you should post a pic of her. One of my close friends has a little dog that I think she’s ruined by dressing it up and carrying it everywhere she has spent a fortune on this dog and it has turned into a horrible, temperamental, unsocial little beast. I know it’s the treatment not the clothes but I think she got a dog to have a little barbie she could play with and so many people now a days think little dogs are yappy and misbehaved because there are so many more of these little spoiled dogs running around so I just want ours to be a well-adjusted happy dog. I really do not think a rain coat or even the occasion outfit is horrible I guess it’s the human behavior behind why your dressing up your dog that matters.

Zyxst Sorry that you are so frustrated keep reading though and we will hopefully hear from you as soon as you get an actual computer up and running.

Mern Fine no pep talk but you better thought of us when you were enjoying the sweet meltey gooey yumminess of cinnamon bun icing oh my mouth is watering, yea my bran is awesome, not so much. Good eye dr news I feel good about taking my oils every time I read your health updates. Yumm lasagna I would eat good for a week for lasagna for sure.

Kim Congrats on the 1lb loss, have a good day.

Mike Lol, still laughing I really hope it’s not your totm either because seriously a man couldn’t handle it and we don’t want to listen to your emotional drama all week, oh my still laughing, thanks.

April If there is anything I can do just ask, hugs and prayers. I am not 100% sure what to do with this little one either I would call myself a competent dog owner but I almost lost her through the cracks in the fence yesterday, who knew, my smallest dog before her was 80lbs even as a puppy she was 20lbs. I will treat her like a big dog and all will be well, hopefully. A lady tried to pick her up yesterday when we went to visit hubby at work and I was surprised I asked her not to, but to lean down and visit her she was a little confused and said everyones going to want to pick her up I said she was dog they belong on the ground if she was a 20lb lab puppy no one would walk up and scoop her into their arms, she just looked at me strange. Who knows maybe I am wrong I just don’t want an annoying, demanding dog that thinks I am going to pick it up or carry it because I am not going to.

Julie Great food choices and 1300 is not high when I have beans and whole grains my calories are always in the 1300 vrs my protein, veggie days sit around 1100 so I think you did great. I hope you are right about the cats because she sure wants to play with them, our 2 young cats where brought into the house where dogs already lived this is the first time they have to get to know someone. Our old cat already walked up to her smelled her and when Kaya tried to play swatted her but good so she knows where she stands with her royal highness.

Tori I just don’t think you are going to get bows but having said that none of the little kids in our life have met her yet and my dd goddaughter is 7 so you might get a bow yet if it happens it will be against my wishes but I will get you a pic.

April I totally hear you on the maturity of kids depending on how they grew up I had my daughter at 18 my wonderful hubby came on the scene at 20 and choose to be a daddy and hubby. I look at my son who's 20 and has had a pretty easy life compared to our childhoods and he can’t even imagine committing to a cat for their new apartment.

Ok I think I can post now you ladies keep adding new convo’s I think I am caught up and poof someone else posts, maybe I need to read faster. I need to get moving we have a vet appointment at 11 and I have to vacuum under things that haven’t been vacuumed under in a while as Kaya keeps coming out of place like under the couch with random things or dust bunnies (my mom would be so disappointed). Have a great day everyone, sorry for all the puppy talk I am a little obsessed right now.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Tori...that's funny. My hubby was/is my friend's brother too! ... I practically raised my little sister from when she was about a year old ( I was 12 yrs old) until I met my hubby at 15. She was with me so often that his family thought that I had a four year old!

Darlene... I think you are doing right by the puppy by not coddling it and letting it turn into a little yappy monster. I hope your method works. I don't like how people let their little dogs get away with that stuff and my big dogs are the ones with the bad rep.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

April, yeah most of the time when SIL is referring to me she just calls me Sister. It pisses my brother off!! He made the comment one time that "she's MY sister, not YOURS!" Which is funny, because we never had that great of a relationship growing up and now he's all possessive over the fact that I'm his sister.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv

~*~Wed Mission~*~ Log in before each meal/snack.
OMG I LUV that one!!! I'm going to have to steal it for next week, if that's all right?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm a little late to the party, but who wants to be the first one there?

I have been cracking up at the birds & bees stories. My mom (who wasn't much of a mom - not a bad person, but mothering wasn't her strong suit) decided to just let my sister and I learn the facts of life from the gutter. I swear I even remember overhearing her say such a thing - but that may just be one of the "memories" that I invented .

Being the creative kid that I was, and not one inclined to ask questions, because I like to figure things out on my own, I never quite figure out how the baby got in the mommy's tummy (until Steven Tayor told me in about 4th grade - not that I asked BTW), but I figured out how it got out all on my own. Basically I invented the transporter long before Gene Roddenberry thought it up for Star Trek.

Darlene, I'll chime in that our little Kaya is just toooo cute. About 5 years ago as our elderly kitties were heading to the great playground in the sky we were left with 1 nearly 20 year old. And like your dalmation, she was starting to show signs of depression and really heading down hill. With some trepidation we decided to add a female kitten to the household to see if it would perk her up. And it really did! We were concerned that the kitten (Harriet) would be too rough on this arthitic, deaf as a post, old lady, but Harriet was so sweat and gentle. They would play, but Harriet never jumped on her and always gave her a turn with whatever toy they were batting back and forth.

Hey Tori, watch those knees. One thing I have found that really help (much to my surprise) is adding a few squats to your daily routine. It really helps strengthen the thigh muscles that keep the knees in line.

Julie, I hate food pushers! I have found that I am a little more sucessful in fending them off by saying I "don't" eat that rather than I "can't" eat that. Saying I "don't" seems to startle them into shutting up. Saying I "can't" just seems to make them more aggressive .

Mike good luck with your prospect clients. I certainly hope you don't refer to yourself as the "pimp daddy" in front of them .

April, know that you are in my thoughts. Find some time to take care of yourself as best you can.

Hey Mern, I finally found your Dreamfields pasta and tried it last night - wow it was really good. Even DH couldn't tell the difference, although he was a little dubious about the "protected carbohydrates" but he is naturally dubious about pretty anything new.

Now that I have spent a delightful hour and a half catching up, I guess I had better get back to what the governement pays me to do (Your tax dollars at work, here ).
Old 02-01-2012, 05:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

One more thing...

Terri get off the couch and talk a walk, run, fisbee golf, whatever. And drag the BF along. Just sayin'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.