Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Quote:
Originally Posted by dar n
I think its April that says we don’t have to be perfect just better than before

And I was quoting my doctor who says that to me every month. Hmm, looks like I should practice what I preach, eh? Thanks, friends--that kinda set my head a little more straight--or tightened a loose screw. LOL

I said that wrong--I go to the doctor every FOUR months right now, not every month. My A1C test does give me a blood sugar average % for the past two months, though.

Last edited by Mern; 01-17-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, yeah, I SHOULD take my own advice. LOL What time is the interview?

Pam, what? We talk a lot? I never noticed. I don't log non-calorie foods, either. I usually have pretty good recall of what I drank, so if I'm off, it would be that I underestimated, rather than overestimated how much I drank. That's great how you keep track of your plain water intake. Friendship and "prayers to the universe" to God in many forms go a long way.

Last edited by Mern; 01-17-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default New week- trying to get back on top form!

Hi everyone- wow so many posts to read since yesterday- so tired today so havent been able to read through them all properly but hope everyone is doing well?
Its my first week back on my healthy eating and although not perfect ive definately been eating better than i was the last 4 weeks!! In the 4 weeks over christmas- which is only supposed to be 2 days of indulgence i gained back 4lbs! This to me is FANTASTIC considering the amount of food id eaten which included way too much chocolate and bad stuff.
But thats all behind me now and ive been ready this week and beyond to put it right.
Stress has challenged me though but im getting through it.
Ive been to my friends for tea tonight- ive managed to keep my calories steady but not so much the fat content.
Its my weigh in tomorrow at my Rosemary Conley Club so im hoping i can at least lose something.

# 1200-1400 calories daily
# Drink more water
# Put 110% into all exercise i do- no slacking off
# At least 7-8 hours sleep a night
# Make time for all daily meals
# Be less stressed and more relaxed- smile and laugh some more
# Dont take out my negative feelings on my partner and children
Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks!

I appreciate all of the welcomes to the forum. Pouring rain here today so no walking except through the grocery store but I did manage to stick with healthy choices.

Just for the record my triglycerides are still on the high side of the normal range, but that's far better than the last test where they were double and most definitely outside the normal range. It's a start...

I didn't even know about the carbs/fat/protein ratio. So that's 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, you are not expected to read all the posts here. Sometimes it's nearly impossible for me to keep caught up. Congratulations on being back on your healthy eating--and eating better than in the last four weeks. I hope you are able to get some stress relief. Let us know how your weigh in went.

Connect, congrats on your healthy choices. Everyone's ratio is different according to the diet plan they follow or what is best for them. I don't have a ratio of carbs/fat/protein.
--My carbs are a limit of 25 net carb grams (carbs less fiber) no matter how many calories I eat
-- My fat number is a saturated fat limit--12% of total calories coming from saturated fat. Doc and I are seeing if it makes a difference in helping to lower my triglycerides and cholesterol.
--My protein is not assigned a limit or goal as my blood tests show I'm consistently in the normal protein range. I am amazed and inspired by your cutting your triglycerides in half! Way to go!

I must go exercise No TV for me tonight until it's done.

Last edited by Mern; 01-17-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I think that is Mern actually. I did quote her to a newcomer the other day though. I love that quote!
I thought you were paraphrasing Terri's signature, "You don't have to change your life today, you just have to change your day today".
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Feels good to be back in control and eating healthy again. Another busy day, but at least I was able to make good choices at the same time.

Simple goals to kick-start my healthy eating patterns again:

1. Log EVERYTHING! Yes
2. Calories around 1200 during the week; 1500 on weekends. 1187
3. Drink, drink, drink. Yes
4. Re-eliminate bread... a big problem lately. 0
5. 2-3 fruits and veggies a day; no excuses. 2
Old 01-17-2012, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Editing....

Health and Fitness Goals:

1. 1,400 calories. 1,392, 1,396
2. 100 oz water. 124, 100
3. Calorie deficit 5,000 for the week. -821, -765 (total -1,586)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 50 min, 0 min (total 0:50)
5. Log everything, especially weekends! Y,Y
6. Weigh daily and post. 169, 165.8

Other Goals:

1. Finish 1 rabbit cage and start a second. N,N
2. Start Valentine letter. N,N
3. Speak at school. Done
4. Housework, 1 hour daily + 1 load of laundry. YY,YY
5. Cross off 10 items on "the list". 2, 1,
6. Fix the elliptical again. Ugh, that thing is a piece of junk. N,N

Does it make me a bad mother that my kids are totally driving me nuts? It's been a really long giggle-goof-off night and I'm soooo ready for them to go to bed. They had a 2 hour fog delay and all got to sleep in an extra hour or so, and apparently that makes them intolerable. I didn't get any extra sleep, stupid roto-dialer woke me up before the alarm clock went off. Ugh. I've gotta go, if I don't get them into bed soon, there's going to be an incident of the child abuse variety.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-17-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Posting Tuesday's results tonight rather than tomorrow.

- 1700 Cals M=1574, T=1601
- 30 minutes of free weights daily M=Y, T=Y
- balance carbs/fat/protein to 40/30/30 M=36/40/23 T=35/38/26
- a stable 289 lbs M=293, T=293

Thanks to all for the advice on higher protein foods. I want to try whey supplements, but that will have to wait until I can talk hubby into taking me to Wal-mart. I do eat cottage cheese (2% because 1% tastes horrible) and have it on alterrnate days.

My 40/30/30 is very close today! I look back at to a week ago and I've cut down a lot on carb eating (not easy when my favorite foods are heavy carbs :P ).

I think I've lost the "easy" weight that melts off in the first week. Now I've got to light a fire under myself if I want to get under 290 on Sunday.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Not ready to check in for the night, yet (though I better be soon; almost out of calories ) but I wanted to drop in. About those voices, Amy and Mern, yes, I do hear them, too! I have really been thinking and trying to journal it into words, the reason I eat when I don't want to, and much more than I plan. In a nutshell, it's for one of two reasons: I'm feeling stressed, or I haven't eaten enough that day or the previous one. Given that I can't avoid stress, lol, being mindful and finding other coping skills is the best I can do right now.

Tracy, glad to see you back! Hope you have a good weigh-in!

April, Amy, Quinn, Pam, and Connect...you ladies are kicking buttinski and taking names! Congrats!

Mern, don't sweat your number till you know what it is. Just do the best you can with the time you have to work with, and remember, it all averages out. Congrats on the new baby girl! I know you'll enjoy her.

zyxst, I know as time goes by, it gets tougher to see the dropped pounds, but keep your eye on the prize and you'll get there.

Joanna, I hated the early classes, too. I beat my inner night person into submission the years my son was in elementary and had to be at the bus at 7:05, but given the choice, my system naturally doesn't blink at writing reports or exercising as late as 12 or 1, just don't ask it to function on all cylinders much before 8, regardless of when I actually get out of the bed. One of the perks of being self-employed .

Kay, I like the recipe you posted; thanks for the idea.

Luv, glad to see you back. Good luck with your group tomorrow.

Darlene, thinking about you, lady. Wishing you peace.

Gonna go put on my sneaks and hop on the treadmill. I was a bit under the weather yesterday and so missed my exercise. Talk to you all a bit later!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.