Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Bindi. I finally know your name.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:03 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - Hehe, it's been a rather revealing week for me!

Hey, do you guys have some kind of chocolate covered honeycomb bar? I'm trying to log and I don't have the nutritional table for it. It's a Crunchie or a Violet Crumble (different brand, but same thing), but I can't locate it or something like it on the available foods. I could probably google the nutritional table, but if you guys just have a different name for it, I'll log it under that - calories probably wouldn't be different enough to make a real impact.

Edit: Never mind, I looked online. Still, out of curiosity, do you have a different name for one, or is it just not on the food list?

Last edited by behaze; 12-18-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:32 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks to everyone who replied about the maintenance, I was just being a tad dramatic I guess. My weekly average ended up in a good level, I was starting to obsess about the numbers and overthink which is generally not a good idea. Anyway these weeks are just a test run, I will be back to losing-mode in 2012.

Darlene, hope you had a great weekend and were able to stay away from the baked goods. LOL on you being nervous in front of the camera, I actually know some people that are like that.

Mern, wishing Bethany is doing better over the weekend. I dislike women only baby showers, I think its the games, but hope yours went well.

Quinn, I hope you are feeling better by now and have a relaxed week ahead.

Mike, glad to hear your brother did well and is recovering. Thanks for sharing the pics, those beignets look so good.

Tori, great attitude on your over calorie days. And if there are little plans over the week you should be fine!

Welcome fit4luv! Hope to see you around this new week.

Bindi, I was also MIA over the weekend but your goals look a lot better than mine!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:13 PM
FitDay Member

Tori Thanks for your kind words. Sorry you had a bad food weekend but the good news is tomorrows a brand new week. Oh my 13.1 miles I would need the paramedic also if I was to run that. I am glad your friend’s daughter loved her blanket, happy kids are so cute.

Mike Your excitement for marathons is awesome. A friend of mine did the Santa run in Vegas earlier this month and had a blast she had pics of them dressed in santa suits running down the strip it looks so fun.

Fit4luv Welcome! Nice goals the acronyms are great.

Bindi You still exercised 3 times last week that’s good and tomorrow you can start fresh. I have to log 7 days a week I find if I know I am not going to log it or share it with you guys little cheats add up to one bad day

Main I can`t say I avoided the baked goods but I treated myself within reason and the deficit is in tact. I love the idea of maintenance calories through the holidays, I believe I may steal it. That would free up 500 calories a day from Christmas Eve to Jan 1st and be a reasonable goal since I do not want to dwell on calories during Christmas.

I hope you all have a great Monday I have a busy one planned it`s crazy how many little details still need tied up before Christmas. I got all the wrapping done and the tree up today I went with bows instead of tinsel (one of our cats tried to eat it last year) I am not sold on the look yet hopefully it will grow on me. I also hope to get to the gym I need to drop a friend off for some tests at the hospital then wait 2hrs to pick her up so it kind of screams GO TO THE GYM YOU LAZY WOMAN so maybe I will start next week more energized. Goodnight everyone.

May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope;
The spirit of Christmas which is peace;
The heart of Christmas which is love.

Ada V. Hendricks

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=8.2k, T=6k, W=2.5k, T=7.5, F=5.7k, S=0, S=0 =29.9
Gym 2 days: 0, 0,0,0,0 fail.
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk, W=Treadmill, T=Walk, F=Walk, S=0, S=0 =yes
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=N, S=Y,S=Y =yes
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=N, S=Y, S=Y = yes
Calories less than 1400: M= 1226, T=1236, W=1168, T=1192, F=1320, S=1377, S=1376 =yes
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-818, T=-685, W=-984, T= -842, F=-784, S=-513, S=-777= (-5403)
Christmas prep or participation everyday: M=Christmas cookie gifts packaged and ready for delivery. T=Cookie bags delivered, gift cards all purchased, mom and dad’s gifts done. W= Started wrapping. T=Walked around a Christmas village and enjoyed the decorations and family time. F= Walked with family through Christmas park and gardens, made shortbread with mom. S= Went to the singing Christmas tree with our family. S=Wrapping done and the tree is up.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Vito ... You should come out of lurking more often and join us!!

I'm working my way up to that, April.

BTW, I sent you a "friend" request on your public fitness journal. If you'd like, just go here and accept:

wildbeanerz - free online diet and fitness journal

For the rest of you ladies reading this, you may want to start using this feature of FD if you're not already doing so. The really neat part is that you can leave comments, links, etc. on someone's page, so it's like a Facebook page.

Here's how:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post65384

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-19-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Default Wow, busy bees!

Missed a few days due to router problems and I missed a ton!

Mike, I will get to NO one of these days for that race . I would love to see your city and your pictures are breathtaking. Thanks for posting them. I was sorry to read about your brother's surgery but glad to hear he is recovering well. OK...the pics of the food killed me, truly they did!

Mern, also saddened to hear about your young friend (and her father; eek!). How frightening. I hope that this week finds her feeling better and stronger. I hope you are doing well also, and not overwhelmed with holiday preparations. Good luck with the carb recovery...as I type this, it's Monday, so fresh start for all!

April and Quinn, are you ladies feeling any better? This is not a good time to be sick; make sure y'all don't wear yourselves out.

Bindi, hope you are enjoying the time with your kids; I know your 9 year old enjoys the time with you. It's a juggling act, for sure! Get some good rest soon, ok? I am totally with you on the epic fail weekend; well, the weekend was good, but my week was weak! Let's climb back on and get it hammered this week. Your avatar pic is a good one; no worries! Mine is actually the only one I had on the laptop, the one from my practice website. Need to change it to something fun.

Tori, your blankets are adorable! Such a sweet gift; enjoy your niece. I was an aunt for a long time before I was a mom and it's such as special relationship.

MAIN80, good luck negotiating those maintenance calories. Sometimes it seems like a giant logic problem. Practice helps. I have faith you'll nail it!

Darlene, I can tell you're enjoying the season. Your family times sound so lovely and shortbread sounds delicious .

Pam, I definitely notice feeling more sluggish when my diet is not as usual, though sometimes low energy hits out of the blue for no apparent reason, also. But I agree that it tends to be a vicious cycle, carbs-energy-carbs-energy; maybe just make sure the carbs are good ones. Does your DH use noodles or crepes for his manicotti? Maybe crepes would provide fewer carbs than a pasta, At any rate, it sounds delish!

Welcome, luv!