Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Whoa Quinn, I thought you were 29 like all the other women here.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

hello everyone
Old 11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Modified Goals for the Week:

1. Maintain calories around 1200 each day, with the exception of Thanksgiving. Allowing myself 2000 Thursday. Not sure, 1287

2. Drink 90 oz. per day. Yes, Yes

3. Watch bread intake. meh, carbs are high

4. Get plenty of rest. No, Yes

5. Limit myself to one small piece of pumpkin pie!

6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes

Life Stuff:

1. Finish daughter's Christmas shopping by Sunday. (Buy fridge, place order...)

2. Light fire under said daughter to get scholarship app. filed before Wednesday's deadline. (Told her to get it done for the last 6 days.) It should have been done a month ago. Done!

3. Make sure above mentioned daughter places grad announcement order before Tuesday's deadline! Again, should have been done a week ago. Done!

4. Do not maim, scream or otherwise do damage to said daughter for waiting until the last minute to handle very important issues. (I do everything a month early; she slides in 30 seconds before deadlines and laughs about it... can I cry now?) Much better.

5. Go to recycling center. Done!

6. Review brunch menu; make sure that I have everything. Done!

7. List something wonderful that happened to me today. Had a really nice day with my mom and a nice call from my son.

Last edited by quinnesec; 11-23-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Five pages I will have to come back later to finish I read one or two this morning but I need to go out in about 20min.

Amy You made my day! When my hubby came home at lunch he made a cement comment and my window opened I started with “ just for clarity cement is what goes in concrete with water,rocks and sand so we are laying a concrete pad” …. I shared all the facts I could remember and he just stood there staring at me when I was done he asked if I had been laying concrete behind his back. It was awesome and I am still smiling I have probably mentioned before I am a real girls girl I can tell the difference between a coach and dior bag across a dark room but to have concrete knowledge just plain floored him. So again thank you I waited until after work to tell him that I got my knowledge from you he said your hubby is lucky because you sound like the type of wife that would help him make his concrete pad.

Rose Sorry to hear about your saboteur I don’t understand peoples thinking especially when you politely decline stay strong.

Cassie I am glad to hear your hip is better I have had great success with massage therapy also. Lol what could be left in the grocery store that’s not already in the pantry? I hope your nephews ok and the doctors have a solution not keeping down food sounds scary his parents must be terrified.

April I agree with the group you probably do look great and men are confused we send them so many mixed messages especially in the work place(compliment us, don`t comment on my physical appearance, notice that I look good, don`t stare at me,etc) its amazing men still talk to us sometimes.

Quinn I also want to rant about my son but I am going to do it in black ink. He had the nerve to walk upstairs this morning and inform me that I was no longer allowed to vacuum before noon he pays rent and thinks its unfair that I do not respect the fact he stays up until 3am(by choice) and sleeps until noon.I just stood their with the vacuum in my hand dumbfounded and taken aback by the center of the universe moment he was having. Good thing we love them and they are moving out soon.

Ok I got to page 7 be back later.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
To get into a Big Ten school or other major university, the competition is relentless. Some applications (scholarship and university) are 10-15 pages long and require an additional 5-10 pages of supplementals including our tax returns, financial statements, property tax bills, (for proof of residency) etc. Things that a 17-18 year old would have no knowledge of. Heck, one scholarship committee has even requested my Dad's Army discharge records from 1944!!! (I had to request them from a Veteran's organization last week.) The last application that we completed had 6 pages of instructions alone! If any instruction is not followed properly, you are immediately disqualified. I feel sorry for the kids who have no parental support. For the life of me, I don't know how they would navigate this alone. I'm 49 and I barely understand the instructions! LOL
Could I put you on retainer about three years from now???

Glad things worked out...now, hopefully, you can really enjoy your family and your holiday .
Old 11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Whoa Quinn, I thought you were 29 like all the other women here.
Sounds good to me! LOL
Old 11-22-2011, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Could I put you on retainer about three years from now???

Glad things worked out...now, hopefully, you can really enjoy your family and your holiday .
I should seriously write a book about everything that I've learned. No kidding! When you get there and have any questions, let me know. lol I keep teasing you that you have to survive Driver's Ed first! It's a prerequisite...

Glad to hear that you're enjoying being "home"! Did I read something about a booze run?? Another necessity for family visits! lol
Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday check-in

Damn, I have been working long hours again. It's so hard to get in my workouts and other life stuff. Sigh, I'm hoping to do better on some of my orange goals tomorrow...

Health goals:

1. Don't eat white sugar in any form. DONE/ DONE
2. Don't eat white flour in any form. DONE/ DONE
3. Eat 1200-1500 calories per day. 1492/ 1240
4. Don't eat late at night. YES/ YES
6. Exercise 5 times. Not yet, what the hell am I waiting for?
7. Eat 25% protein or more. M:26%/ 36%
8. Take vitamins. YES/ YES
9. Drink a minimum of 2 litres of water per day. YES/ YES

Life Stuff:

1. Read every day. YES/ YES
2. Sweep the leaves on my stairs. No/ No and it's going to snow tonight!
3. Change the burned out light bulbs in the house. Not yet/ Sigh, no.
4. Get to work before 9am. YES! NO! Traffic!
5. Mail out forms and pay car registration. Not yet/ I'll do it tomorrow!
6. Pay parking tickets. Not yet/ No and I'm embarrassed about it.
7. List something wonderful that happened to me today. Laughed until I cried with an awesome friend/ Was told I look like I could be in my mid twenties!

Mern sweet Mern, I am glad to hear that your granddaughter is recovering from her infection. Don't worry to much about getting back on the wagon just because I know you will in no time! We've all been where you are right now, some of us quite recently (yes I'm talking about myself.) The one thing I always knew, even while I ate my way through Manhattan, was that I would be back here among you, my motivators and best friends on the internet and that I'd get back on track. A couple of weeks of being off course is not too much to worry about. In the meantime, be good to yourself and know that I am thinking of you and your family. Sending you great big hugs from across the airwaves. I hope you have a lovely, delicious, and super happy Thanksgiving!

Terri! You are so welcome. I live with self-doubt too, in some areas more than others. I know what it's like to be the black sheep of the family too but in my case, I'm the only creative one with her head in the clouds and big big dreams! Did I ever tell you how much I love super-geeky science types? I do! I have edited a few geeky science documentaries and I absorbed every factoid like a sponge. Did you ever watch Lost? My favourite character was Daniel Faraday, the physicist who time traveled and unwittingly shot and killed his mother when he was transported to the DHARMA initiative in 1977. Anyway, I loved that guy! I guess I'm a little geeky myself! As for my saboteur, tomorrow is his last day so he won't be a problem anymore. I didn't have him fired or anything, he's a freelancer like me and his contract ends tomorrow.

Hey Pam, who are you calling old? Glad to hear your snow melted, we are going to get it overnight so I'll see tomorrow morning just how much of the fluffy white stuff I'll wake up to. I'll try and take some pictures too but they won't be as pretty as yours because I live in the city.

Mike, slow and steady is the way to go. It's my new mantra! I'm just going to keep living my sugar free life and not worry about how many pounds I lose per week. It's all about the big picture.

Cassie, how can you just "find" five half gallons of ice cream? Wow, that's a lot of ice cream! That's it, I'm sending backup. If you make it out of there unscathed, I am declaring you the queen of the forum.

Main80, the oatmeal is delicious! I can't believe how good it tastes. As for my coworker, I just found out that tomorrow is his last day so soon it won't be a problem. Sorry to hear that you were in a crappy mood last night but it sounds like you are back to your chipper witty self today!

Darlene, I laughed out loud when you said that you could tell a Dior from a Coach bag across a dark room. I love it!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 11-23-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mgonzales74
hello everyone
Hey!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n

Quinn I also want to rant about my son but I am going to do it in black ink. He had the nerve to walk upstairs this morning and inform me that I was no longer allowed to vacuum before noon he pays rent and thinks its unfair that I do not respect the fact he stays up until 3am(by choice) and sleeps until noon.I just stood their with the vacuum in my hand dumbfounded and taken aback by the center of the universe moment he was having. Good thing we love them and they are moving out soon.
My husband always tells me that when he would come home from college and sleep too late, his mom would bang the vacuum into his door on purpose to wake him up. We did it with our son, as well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.