Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Changing up the goals a bit...I was in such a rush after the dentist to get to work that I rushed through them and missed a couple; I've created work and home to-do lists in my notebook so I can get that stuff off of here and focus on what I need to focus on.

1. Calories capped at 1300. 1211
2. Follow my pie chart rules (percentages, fiber, fat proportions). Great today
3. Drink 3 sports bottles of water (and/or herbal tea equivalent) per day. Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. Yes
4a. No caffeine after 3 PM. Yes
4b. Turn off all electronics 30 min. before bed.
Yes
5. Exercise 6 times. Weights
6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
7. Do shoulder exercises daily. Yes

Unfortunately the party season is upon us. We have a luncheon at my group practice Wednesday. Technically, the docs are hosting (providing the main course) but we need some desserts. I have a mess of frozen, pitted cherries in the freezer but don't have time to make a pie crust tomorrow night. Anybody have a good recipe idea?

Mike, I agree...we're missing some folks and I'm really feeling their absence!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-14-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

April, I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. I hope that your first meeting with your family therapist dispels any misgivings or reluctance in taking that road. I really believe that in order to do the best you can for your son, you have to take care of yourself, too (just like eating good food and exercising, right?), so just give the process a chance. It always helps to feel like you have an ally in your corner that is one step away from the situation and who just has your best interest in mind. I think with everything, you can definitely be excused from a carboholic relapse over the weekend.

Darlene, that is a wonderful story about your son; thanks for sharing it. It gave me the warm fuzzies
Old 11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Short & sweet.

This Week:
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 4 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 5
3) Gallon of water yes
4) 3000 calories deficient -680
5) Walk 10 miles 1.1
6) 1 cheat meal ?
7) Gym x 3 0
8) Tennis x 2 (or 100 pushups for each one missed) 0
9) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes
b) Vitamin yes
c) Glucosamine yes

Non Health & Fitness
10) Write 3 policies 1
Old 11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, how about cherry cobbler? Or cherry protein bars? Hey did you ever post before and after pics?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie, how about cherry cobbler? Or cherry protein bars? Hey did you ever post before and after pics?
Nope to the protein bars at work, but cobbler is an option. Got a tried and true recipe?

Nope to the pics. Gotta get on that. How about I make it a goal to do that by the end of Thanksgiving week? Things are really crazy this week.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Nope to the protein bars at work, but cobbler is an option. Got a tried and true recipe?

Nope to the pics. Gotta get on that. How about I make it a goal to do that by the end of Thanksgiving week? Things are really crazy this week.
Not "homemade" but awesome, quick and easy. Peach Cobbler Dump Cake I Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Sounds good on the pics.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Off to a pretty good start: night-night all

Diet and fitness:
1.) 2 pieces of fruit every day
Y
2.) 1 quart of water (just plain water) everyday. Coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count
Y
3.) Protein @40% or 90g
28%(92g)
4.) Carbs @ 30%
31%
5.) No white foods including rice, potatoes, or bread
Y
6.) Limit beer and wine to 1 glass with dinner
Y

Home, work & life:
1.) Order DH Christmas & B'day gifts (his is the 26th the poor guy)
2.) Try 1 new recipe this week
3.) Clip the kitty's claws (hate this chore, probably more than they hate it)

1 kitty
4.) Pay bills including the Property Taxes - yikes!
Y-taxes
5.) Finish 2 remaining study plans for this year's research
1 down
6.) Remain faithful to the plan over the weekend
7.) Be kind to crabby people.
Didn’t meet any
Old 11-14-2011, 05:41 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone for your fruit opinions I must admit I love fruit enough that I probably could screw up a day with the carbs and calories.

Pam I avoid most white foods also (not because I am prejudice Mike) but because most of them are highly processed and better with butter and cauliflower makes me want cheese sauce.

Main80 I hope you get to bed early and have a great sleep. I am a night owl but I like it now the kids are grown I can sleep until 8 if I want to.

Mike I hope you got your computer working again.I wonder where Mh is I thought she would be back today for sure.

Amy Have fun Christmas shopping tomorrow I am going on a price checking mission for table crackers (poppers) and organic turkeys.

Cassie Thanks I don’t usually share our dirty laundry but the peace I felt knowing that I wasn’t alone and many if not most families with teens struggle and that most kids overcome their problems was very helpful for me. I love cobbler, I don’t have a recipe it’s better that way then I will never have one in the house.

Quinn Your hubby must love that you watch football with him, mine loves hockey and I just cannot muster up any enthusiasm for it.

My hiking partner and I are going to hit the trail early and I am hoping the weather man is wrong he's calling for 3c (37f) in the morning I may need to bring coffee instead of water. I hope you all have a great night!

Goals:
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk
Walk 25k (15.5m): M=3.3k
Gym 2 days: 0,
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1206
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-803
Christmas prep everyday: M=Boxing Day invitations made.
List something wonderful that happened today: Starbucks was short handed today they had one grumpy customer after another I took a moment to empathize with her situation she got to vent a bit and I got a free coffee she said it was nice to give a free one to someone nice instead of someone complaining at her.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Damn you ain't playing this week. Intense goals.
I am too playing, brought my game face and yanked the bunch out of my big girl panties. Play hard or go home.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning everybody, I put in the usual workout this morning so I'm feeling very invigorated and spunky. Some of the swim moms were joking with me last night about how I work out all the time. Truthfully at 9:00pm I'm still 43 and dead dog tired most days, but if I get my workout done first thing in the morning I'm usually full of pep all day long, it's enough to make my kids crazy and keep DH heading to the gym in hopes of keeping up with me. They joked with me about it last week too, but last night one of them went to the gym too, so I'm hoping that it catches on, I could really use a workout partner. Good grief we're all there taking our kids to the pool, for exercise with a little bit of healthy competition on the side, they all get that it's great for kids. So why is it they don't feel like it would be good for them as well? It's a strange world we live in. A couple of them were jaw dropping shocked when I said I was 43, which cracked up the others who already knew. Believe me I look every bit of 43, it's my energy that causes the confusion.

Mike, sorry to hear that you're having computer issues. That sucks big time. Is it time for an upgrade? Just asking.

April, I thought it was the issues with your son bringing you down, but didn't know if I should say so. Motherhood is one of those things that is impossible to pin down to a single set of directions. What works with one child, is chaos with another. I guess the simplest advice that I can give you is to make it clear each and every day to your son that you love him unconditionally. According to my mother that is the only thing that matters in the end, and the only thing that ever worked with her kids. Outside of that I can understand your feelings on thinking you should have all the answers for your family, but sometimes the answer is to get help from a professional. After all if your child needed braces you would take him to an orthodontist right? If he needed glasses you would take him to an eye doctor. If he wanted to be an Olympic track star you would take him to a world class running coach right? When a child needs something beyond a parent's abilities, then it's your job as a parent to find a source for additional help. BTW I tried quinn's "tell me something wonderful that happened today" with the kids, and it was wonderful. The kids opened up and I got all kinds of details about their day that I never have gotten with, "how was your day?".

Thanks quinn!!! Loved the wonderful question idea, and I think the kids liked it too.

Cassie I love cherry crisp. I'll dig up a recipe after drop off this morning if you're interested. I gotta go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.