Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Community

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

This update is brought to you by the letters: W, I & N... mh style.

Earlier today I was taking names, that left one thing for me to do... KICK SOME ASS!! That I did, like a BOSS. My day was cram packed full of win, because I totally rocked it!!

This Week:
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 5 pounds I will before the week is up and you can bet your ass on THAT!
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 7 (read 'em and weep)
3) Gallon of water Oh yeah
4) 3000 calories deficient (I already know that -3k doesn't = 5 pounds, trust me.... I got this) -1217 (oh yeah!)
5) Walk 10 miles 2.80
6) 1 cheat meal 0 (I ate super clean)
7) Gym x 3
8) Tennis x 2 1
9) Daily:
a) Fish Oil Yep
b) Vitamin Hell yeah
c) Glucosamine Booya

Non Health & Fitness
10) Write 3 policies not yet
Old 11-07-2011, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Is that better? Ok... we both have our acts together! Let's keep it going until Friday!

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th.
2. Change my mental attitude (again) toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Yes
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Yes

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 992
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days. 0
6. Log everything. Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! Yes

Last edited by quinnesec; 11-07-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, much better. Lets go the full 7
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

I am in for the week, so here are the goals and the report. I have been feeling hungry today, but ate all good food. I am trying to balance in my head that eating 1400 calories is not a bad thing, I felt bad when I finished logging, I mean I want to lose the final pounds before this year ends but also I think I cannot let myself feel bad over that number. I don't know if I am making any sense. All in all it was just a strange day, felt bloated when I woke up, had the urge to eat 3 oranges, drank more than my 3 liters of water goal... PMSing maybe...

1. Keep calories between 1200-1300, weekend 1400-1500. 1405.
2. Drink 3 L of water. Yes
3. Exercise 3 times. No
4. Walk dog 3 times. No
5. Go to bed before midnight. Here's to hoping.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, Mike, Quinn It's great that everyone is so determined this week, I am sure you can all accomplish your goals.

Hope and Mary, nice looking goals.

Joanna, hang in there, hope you can control your blood sugar and that your doctors appointment goes well.

Welcome Pam!

Mern, enjoy your day at the park!

Darlene, even if your cals from Saturday were from one sitting they still were not even 100 calories over your goal. Hope you bundled up for your hike, I really don't have cold weather hiking experience.

April congrats on your loss it will stick, hope things are calmer at your house now.

Almeeker, hope your asthma is better and that you have a great week.

Last edited by MAIN80; 11-07-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

April Congratulations on the loss. Sorry to hear you had kid stress there’s nothing worse than worrying about your child.

Quinn Nice amount of green for today.

Mike You adjusted your walking goal to 10 miles that should be very achievable. Nice amount of green for you to.

Main80 Thanks my hike was chilly I am just learning about hiking cold or hot it's great fun,beautiful and an awesome calorie burn.

My hike was great but cold to start off and half way I was carrying layers of clothes I may need to buy a jacket that breathes better. I need to make it a goal to do weights tomorrow I seem to be getting cardio done but no weights in 2 weeks, so speaking it out loud so I do it.
Hope you all had a great day.

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike
Gym 2 days:
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1201
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -1024
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y
Keep food opinions to myself (other than here): M=Y

Last edited by dar n; 11-07-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
This update is brought to you by the letters: W, I & N... mh style.

Earlier today I was taking names, that left one thing for me to do... KICK SOME ASS!! That I did, like a BOSS. My day was cram packed full of win, because I totally rocked it!!
Oh so nice, same color font and all. You did rock it, I will hate you for losing the 5 pounds by Sunday but I know you will do it.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

Main80 I so understand feeling bad about eating outside my budget but every time I do it(within moderation) I seem to feel better so their is something to be said for listening to our bodies. I think a big part of this food lifestyle is trying to respect my body enough to care about it's health and feeding it not just dieting is important if I am going to maintain this time. I was so crazy strict the last time I lost the weight that it was easy to not maintain it once I achieved my goal because I had felt deprived for so long it seemed like I deserved the treats.This time I am trying to not cut out what I like but eat and drink what I want within reason and having full awareness of what I am eating so I eat ice cream out of a bowl after weighing it not with a spoon and a carton while watching tv and I may have to sacrifice something else to make my calories work but its a choice. I do not feel bad about eating fruit or vegetables ever if I crave it my body probably needs it so if you went over calories because of oranges that's awesome if you went over because you ate a family size bag of chips mindlessly while doing something else that's a different story. Sorry I am rambling but I felt like I should share.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Good to see you, MAIN80; good job on your choices and mindset today!

Darlene, those words above are very, very wise. I have a feeling I'll be referring back to that post to make sure my head's in the right place. Sometimes I also get too caught up in the numbers and doing everything the "right" way as opposed to listening to my body, and I pay for it.

1. 1300 calories or fewer. 996
2. Log everything. Yes
3. 3 sports bottles of water. Yes
4. Exercise 6 times. Weights
4a. Two runs
4b. Two weights One down
5. Eat clean. Yes
6. Follow my pie chart guidelines. Fair
7. Sleep at least 7 hours. 6.5
7a. No caffeine after 3 PM. Yes
7b. Turn off electronics 30 min before bedtime. 20 min.
8. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
9. Shoulder exercises every day. Yes
10. Get on the scale every day. Yes
11. Post everything eaten if deviating from plan (avoiding embarrassment = powerful motivator). Nothing to report!

12. Put pansies in before the rain due Wednesday. Done
13. Finish parental fitness eval.
14. Catch up spreadsheet.

Wow, long night. I took the boy to the midnight release party of a video game he's had on reserve. They're off school tomorrow, so that wasn't a worry. It was late, it was long, I had better things to do, but to be honest, I've got a really good kid, so I try to give back when I can. I knew several other parents out there and it was a nice social time, and not too cold. Plus it got some "awesome mom" points in my bank for future use !

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-07-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
That part that scares me is that a recent study shows that women are a better shot than men.
Yes, that scares and pisses off both of my brothers too. Not dad so much, he's a sharp shooter, and I think actually rather proud of my fine shootin' eye.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.