Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

700 calories of coffee Y'all don't use shock therapy?? I hear it works wonders.

Well my peeps, I just got back from a 3 mile walk, well actually 3.01, but who's counting. I am PUMPED, still no bread. So I am like a Breadless Veggie Pimp. WHOOOO I fell good!! If y'all are feeling good, gimmie a "hell yeah!"
Old 11-09-2011, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
700 calories of coffee Y'all don't use shock therapy?? I hear it works wonders.

Well my peeps, I just got back from a 3 mile walk, well actually 3.01, but who's counting. I am PUMPED, still no bread. So I am like a Breadless Veggie Pimp. WHOOOO I fell good!! If y'all are feeling good, gimmie a "hell yeah!"
Does a "hell kinda" count?? LOL
Old 11-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Does a "hell kinda" count?? LOL
Okay, I'll take it.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Hell marginal here!!!

Been doing well today, but I'm sore .

If you're a breadless veggie pimp, I hope that doesn't make us veggie 'ho's.

Mary, I feel for you. I'm sure your brain feels scrambled and that you were never so glad to get to the quiet of your car. Although with that much caffeine, I'm amazed that you weren't as manicky as your client!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

No hoes here. Haha.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

I'm only somewhat happy with my day today. I thought that I would get more accomplished than I did, but I had a terrible case of ADD today. (Cassie- I like the word ADD... the letters are neatly placed chronologically! ) Couldn't focus on a thing! I think I'm just tired... stayed up WAY too late last night watching tv.

Well, I got through most of my "To-Do" list today with the exception digging deeper into the scholarship list. That's probably going to be an entire day's project in itself. I was pulled into the "Mom, could you please make me a (fill in a high-calorie food item here...). My daughter asked for a homemade chicken potpie. There are few items in the world with more calories than that. I know that there are low-cal versions, but sometimes you just need the real thing. On a blustery night, I have to admit, it was pretty darn comforting. No more green grass to be found... we're covered in a wet blanket of snow. *sigh*

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th. 2 gone, over 3 gone
2. Change my mental attitude (again) toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Yes, Didn't need to today! Didn't need to.

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 992, 1004, 1014
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days. 0, 1, walked laps in a "Big Box" store, if that counts.
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! Yes, Yes, Depends if pie crust is a "bread"
Old 11-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

OMG, you didn't go to Walmart, did you?? Did you see anything that made you want to run for cover? Great day, btw!

I love chicken pot pie. I have a great recipe; other than the pie crust itself, it's low calorie and having the crust instead of some faux-biscuity thing on top makes it seem very satisfying. The key is portion control (my specialty, NOT!).

I actually hate the term ADD . It's one of my soapboxes, but I will give you that the letters are in alphabetical order, though there are three of them, and that's an odd number, so, hmm.

Anyway, I'm stalling, I just loaded a few new tunes and I'm headed for the treadmill. Cardio was canceled due to rain (no snow here!) and I need to get some exercise in.

Had a good day so far with the food, but I've got to get 12 grams of fiber in yet without too many calories or unbalancing my pie. So I shall meditate on that while I run. I'm not like Mike and able to down two pounds of broccoli in a sitting.

Oh, and a rant from me: How difficult is it to understand the sentence "Please make sure there are no garden tools behind whichever vehicle you back out of the garage" ? Grr.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Default Funny story.

The youngest had a "project" at school. They were supposed to bring "Louisiana" food to school along with a recipe of how it was made. Soooo, who does she turn to? Me. She wants Red bead & Rice & cornbread. Easy enough, right? Well I've been cooking for so long and have done a million pots of red beans, but I don't measure anything. The onion, bell pepper, garlic, beans, sausage, bacon grease (yes, I said bacon grease) are all easy. Salt, pepper and creole seasoning... well that's a different story. I would have told her to say "season to taste" but she wanted to know how much. So I grabbed a tablespoon and went to town. Let me just say WOW, that was some black pepper. Don't get me wrong, they were good, but WOW. I did 2 pounds of beans, for those that don't cook them, it may not seem like much, but trust me those things swell up. It filled up a 3 qt pot. There are 20 students, and it should have been plenty, they just wanted a little bit, not like a prisoner's last meal. Well since it was last minute thing, I started them on the stove before I went to the gym. Came back, all you could smell is big daddies beans. They were smelling good. I watched them for about an hour then transferred them to a crock pot (I don't ever cook in a crock pot, but what the hell) and cooked on low over night. I got up bright and early this morning and the house is filled with the smell of the beans (you thought I was gonna say smoke, huh? Shame on you!). They're looking good, but don't have the thick consistency that a good pot of red beans should have so I transfer them back to the pot and put on the stove. I turn the heat up a tad an watch them and they start to form their own rich dark brown gravy (if you will). Stir them for about a 1/2 hour and decide that it's time to go back to bed, so I put the back in the crock pot. My GF got started making 6 cups of rice and 3 boxes of corn bread.

Well the middle daughter (the door kicker) is a very picky eater, but she LOVES my red beans. She's talking about how she may show up at the youngest daughters school just to raid the beans. So I scoop out enough for a bowl for her.

The best that the middle daughter could hope for is that some is left over b/c she can eat on them for DAYS! I meet my GF for lunch and she's tells me that when she brought the youngest to school she got upset b/c someone else brought red beans. So I was like cool, there well be some left over for the middle daughter. She's like "um no, they didn't look like yours, it looked like their beans were sitting in some brown water and there were sliced vienna sausages floating on top." All that came back was maybe a 1/2 cup. So I had a 1/2 cup of read beans with no rice or cornbread for dinner. The middle daughter had her bowl and now she's hounding me to make more.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-09-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
(Cassie- I like the word ADD... the letters are neatly placed chronologically! )
You damn CDO people... it's alphabetically, not chronologically. Tighten up or you'll lose the good spot under the bridge. Looks like you had a great job today. [insert dancing banana here].

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-09-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I actually hate the term ADD . It's one of my soapboxes
Why is that? Oh I can't eat two pounds of broccoli in a sitting. I'd be ready to hurl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.