Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks, y'all!

But, sheesh! Have a couple cats in your house and people think you're destined to become a crazy cat lady!

I had a great hike and hope to get some pictures up. Getting ready to transfer them off my camera now. Remember when we had to have them developed and make copies in order to share with people??? Technology, I love you, sometimes.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
wait, why are you putting me on the spot? I don't know lets see what I can think up.

1. 1200 calories or fewer daily. You'll get big and fat, and your hubby will trade you in for two 20's
2. 3 sports bottles of water daily. You'll get dehydrated and wrinkled
3. Exercise 3 times. Your muscle will deflate and your skin will sag
4. Take all vitamins and supplements daily. You'll become tired, lethargic and your bones will become brittle
5. Log everything. You'll slowly ween yourself off of FitDay and lose all your true friends
6. Do shoulder exercises daily. Your shoulders will rotate in and forward and your back will become hunched
7. Plant bulbs. You'll stand in your bare yard all hunched back, with no friends, wrinkled/saggy shin, broken bones, single with no flowers to brighter your otherwise miserable day.
8. Finish competency eval. You'll become temporarily laid off and you'll be broke and will be forced to live off of 29% apr credit cards to afford to buy food for you and your 73 cats
9. Begin parental fitness eval. You'll now be unemployed for real. Your house will be foreclosed, you end up living under a bridge. By now your credit cards will be maxed and your cats will get so hungry that they'll eat your face as you try to sleep.
10. Choose new credit card (research it!). You'll have to take what you can get.

Besides that, everything will be fine... for the rest of us.
I'm so glad Cassie is the shrink and you're the insurance guy, 'cause dude helping sad/angry/depressed people feel better is not your strong suit. Tough love with a sledge is your forte, make no mistake.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Thanks, y'all!

But, sheesh! Have a couple cats in your house and people think you're destined to become a crazy cat lady!

I had a great hike and hope to get some pictures up. Getting ready to transfer them off my camera now. Remember when we had to have them developed and make copies in order to share with people??? Technology, I love you, sometimes.
Can't wait to see the pics.
Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm so glad Cassie is the shrink and you're the insurance guy, 'cause dude helping sad/angry/depressed people feel better is not your strong suit. Tough love with a sledge is your forte, make no mistake.
Yeah, Mark can be a little rough around the edges. Y'all know I love y'all.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
It's always worse to be overdressed than underdressed. Once, my husband and I were invited to a fundraiser that was billed as "an adult prom". So, I borrowed a black Jessica Rabbit dress, had my hair done and wore a ton of rhinestones. Unfortunately, when I got there I realized that my husband got his signals crossed, and I was the only one dressed like that!!! I looked like a cross-dresser amid a field of normally dressed people... it was awful! Had to go home and do a quick change. I never go anywhere anymore without asking A LOT of questions first regarding what to wear.
ROFLOL. I used to chronically overdress for events, thankfully not too often in Jessica Rabbit and rhinestones LOL. Couldn't be helped, I graduated with a dual major in fine arts and architecture, so absolutely everything from college had some sort of indelible material splotched on it and/or it was full of holes. After I started working a new wardrobe was a must! First and foremost were suits/hose/heels appropriate for interviewing with clients and then I had to have evening attire for fund raisers, ribbon cutting ceremonies, Christmas parties etc etc. Only my tastes are a lot more expensive than my paycheck were. So I bought just a few things at a time. Going to anything middle of the road was always hilarious, because I either went dressed like a handy man or the rich relative.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

I wish I had what it took to fill a Jessica Rabbit dress, but I buy my bras in the junior's department, if you know what I mean .

Anyway, here's a link to some of my pics from today if anyone's interested:

KEMO 11-4-2011 pictures by cjohnson728 - Photobucket

I'm just not technically savvy enough to get them to load right into a post...either that or not patient enough to keep messing with the sizes.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome pics. I love the fall, it's a great time to take pics.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Hey, I just noticed that for my calorie goal today, it says 5459!!! What the heck? My Activities tab shows 1900-something burned; is it Calories Don't Count Day?

Yesterday it was right...
Old 11-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hey, I just noticed that for my calorie goal today, it says 5459!!! What the heck? My Activities tab shows 1900-something burned; is it Calories Don't Count Day?

Yesterday it was right...
hmmmm that's odd. Is that Classic or Beta? I haven't logged my food in a week.

I think come Monday I'm going to set some longer term goals (that doesn't sound right) like last time. I really have gotten fat, my pants and shirts are snug again. Monday I'll take pics and start over. I won't post them b/c I'll wait until I'm done. I'm not sweating it though b/c I know I can get lean again, so I'm not beating myself up too bad right now. Quinn are you in? It's time for us both to get serious. Hop on the scale and take pics on Monday. log your weight, set a weight goal and lets do this!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

It's when I first log in, so it's Beta. Very strange!

I need to crack the whip next week, too. It's only 2 weeks till I leave for Thanksgiving and I don't want to go into the holiday feeling all vulnerable...I want to feel strong and healthy! I guess, like you said, I know in the back of my head I can get lean again...but it would be so much easier not to have to in the first place! Can't wait to see your goals on Monday, Mike!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
hmmmm that's odd. Is that Classic or Beta? I haven't logged my food in a week.

I think come Monday I'm going to set some longer term goals (that doesn't sound right) like last time. I really have gotten fat, my pants and shirts are snug again. Monday I'll take pics and start over. I won't post them b/c I'll wait until I'm done. I'm not sweating it though b/c I know I can get lean again, so I'm not beating myself up too bad right now. Quinn are you in? It's time for us both to get serious. Hop on the scale and take pics on Monday. log your weight, set a weight goal and lets do this!
Yep, I'm in... besides, I ate everything anyway... lol. Take pics?? Who me?? I'm too shy. I share Cassie's technical talents when it comes to resizing pics... none. They usually end up the size of my monitor!

Cassie,

Nice pics! It looks identical to the area where I like to hike, except that you have a few more leaves left than we do. It was in the 50's here today. I wish that I could have made the time to hit the trails today... hopefully tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.