Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, now that I have my connection back, it's time to get serious with the goals for the weekend.

1. 1200 calories or fewer daily.
2. 3 sports bottles of water daily.
3. Exercise 3 times.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements daily.
5. Log everything.
6. Do shoulder exercises daily.
7. Plant bulbs.
8. Finish competency eval.
9. Begin parental fitness eval.
10. Choose new credit card (research it!).

It's a tournament weekend, but it's a close one so if I'm focused I can knock these out. Somehow, the more I have to do, the more I get done; the less that's on my plate, the more I dawdle and get distracted!

Mike, what are my consequences if I don't stick to my goals???

I'm so frustrated with the credit card situation. We had a great card with which anywhere from 1-4% of purchases went into my son's 529 college savings plan; I put everything on that card and just paid it off monthly. Well, they discontinued the program, so we've got to find something else with a good benefit. Waaaay too many to choose from!

Happy Friday, everyone !
Old 11-04-2011, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
I'm crawling back after a few stressful hours with a confession... I fell off the wagon and ate everything. I'm putting my foot down now, before my study session... but I figured that telling you guys and "owning up" to my slip up would help deter me from another binge fest.

Also, I feel cold, achy, and fevered all at once and woke up to leg cramps. Any advice on what would help with these symptoms? I'm thinking a nap and some water?
Don' t worry aobut the binge. We all do it (and quite recetnly I might add.) You're getting back on the wagon.

My prescription: rest, rest, rest, lots of H2O, hot clear liquids and as my people call it "Jewish penicillin:" chicken soup!!!

Also try Cold Ease; you can get it in any drugstore: it is a zinc lozenge.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Is this not the craziest thing?

Oh my, that's a lot of fish....
Old 11-04-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

So I did not meet my goals at all: no exercise, not that much water and forget about even tracking what I ate. I ate so many hor d'oeuvres and stuff they had out (including paella, lamb and dips) that I didn't even eat half my dinner. On the other hand, I volunteered to help at a really cool auction for the Writing Center I belong to. I was on my feet for hours. Good thing: I was wearing my ugly but comfy shoes. Bad thing : I was totally underdressed. They told me "biz cas." (business casual.) Biz cas my foot. People were in evening clothes. They had an auctioneer from Christies (named Christie funnily enough.) I did however remain calm not only at the auction but with homefront stuff.

BTW what is a LBD? Should I have worn one?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
So I did not meet my goals at all: no exercise, not that much water and forget about even tracking what I ate. I ate so many hor d'oeuvres and stuff they had out (including paella, lamb and dips) that I didn't even eat half my dinner. On the other hand, I volunteered to help at a really cool auction for the Writing Center I belong to. I was on my feet for hours. Good thing: I was wearing my ugly but comfy shoes. Bad thing : I was totally underdressed. They told me "biz cas." (business casual.) Biz cas my foot. People were in evening clothes. They had an auctioneer from Christies (named Christie funnily enough.) I did however remain calm not only at the auction but with homefront stuff.

LBD... Little Black Dress... my secret weapon... and yes, everyone should own one...
Old 11-04-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52

It's always worse to be overdressed than underdressed. Once, my husband and I were invited to a fundraiser that was billed as "an adult prom". So, I borrowed a black Jessica Rabbit dress, had my hair done and wore a ton of rhinestones. Unfortunately, when I got there I realized that my husband got his signals crossed, and I was the only one dressed like that!!! I looked like a cross-dresser amid a field of normally dressed people... it was awful! Had to go home and do a quick change. I never go anywhere anymore without asking A LOT of questions first regarding what to wear.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Okay, now that I have my connection back, it's time to get serious with the goals for the weekend.

1. 1200 calories or fewer daily.
2. 3 sports bottles of water daily.
3. Exercise 3 times.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements daily.
5. Log everything.
6. Do shoulder exercises daily.
7. Plant bulbs.
8. Finish competency eval.
9. Begin parental fitness eval.
10. Choose new credit card (research it!).

It's a tournament weekend, but it's a close one so if I'm focused I can knock these out. Somehow, the more I have to do, the more I get done; the less that's on my plate, the more I dawdle and get distracted!

Mike, what are my consequences if I don't stick to my goals???

I'm so frustrated with the credit card situation. We had a great card with which anywhere from 1-4% of purchases went into my son's 529 college savings plan; I put everything on that card and just paid it off monthly. Well, they discontinued the program, so we've got to find something else with a good benefit. Waaaay too many to choose from!

Happy Friday, everyone !
wait, why are you putting me on the spot? I don't know lets see what I can think up.

1. 1200 calories or fewer daily. You'll get big and fat, and your hubby will trade you in for two 20's
2. 3 sports bottles of water daily. You'll get dehydrated and wrinkled
3. Exercise 3 times. Your muscle will deflate and your skin will sag
4. Take all vitamins and supplements daily. You'll become tired, lethargic and your bones will become brittle
5. Log everything. You'll slowly ween yourself off of FitDay and lose all your true friends
6. Do shoulder exercises daily. Your shoulders will rotate in and forward and your back will become hunched
7. Plant bulbs. You'll stand in your bare yard all hunched back, with no friends, wrinkled/saggy shin, broken bones, single with no flowers to brighter your otherwise miserable day.
8. Finish competency eval. You'll become temporarily laid off and you'll be broke and will be forced to live off of 29% apr credit cards to afford to buy food for you and your 73 cats
9. Begin parental fitness eval. You'll now be unemployed for real. Your house will be foreclosed, you end up living under a bridge. By now your credit cards will be maxed and your cats will get so hungry that they'll eat your face as you try to sleep.
10. Choose new credit card (research it!). You'll have to take what you can get.

Besides that, everything will be fine... for the rest of us.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-04-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

wait, why are you putting me on the spot? I don't know lets see what I can think up...
5. Log everything. You'll slowly ween yourself off of FitDay and lose all your true friends
9. Begin parental fitness eval. You'll now be unemployed for real. Your house will be foreclosed, you end up living under a bridge. By now your credit cards will be maxed and your cats will get so hungry that they'll eat your face as you try to sleep.

Besides that, everything will be fine... for the rest of us.
Stuff of nightmares, Mike!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Stuff of nightmares, Mike!
Just trying to paint that picture. She'll never ask my opinion again.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Just trying to paint that picture. She'll never ask my opinion again.
You got that right! Most people, you just tell to do 100 situps or something! I get the whole "natural consequences" concept. Maybe seeing it in pink will make it sink in.

Going to go exercise now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.