Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-03-2011, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Holy Cow! What are they going to do with all of those?? I sure wouldn't want to have to clean them all!!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Holy Cow! What are they going to do with all of those?? I sure wouldn't want to have to clean them all!!
All 1800 pounds were sold for $2/pound to a seafood shop. Have you ever seen so many fish at one time?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
All 1800 pounds were sold for $2/pound to a seafood shop. Have you ever seen so many fish at one time?
I assume they net them?? That's a nice profit!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

I can honestly say I've never seen a truck bed filled with fish.

Here in the south, we see lots of stupid stuff in truck beds, but fish...definitely different.

Mike & m...I drink, maybe, twice a year. I have zero tolerance; it's embarrassing.

Mern, good to hear from you. Hope you get your R&R in on Tuesday; so much fun you are! I filled the day off with doctor and dentist appointments .
Old 11-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah they were netted.

Cassie, that's a first for me as well.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday report

Oh, I don't know where my day went. It's a very red day I must say. I need to focus tomorrow, I didn't even drink the vitamins!

Stay under 1200 calories M-F, 1400 S&S: 980, 1197, 1183, 1180
Exercise 3 times. No, No Yes, No
Go for 3 long walks with dog. No, No, No, No
Drink 3 liters of water. Yes, Yes, Yes, NO, I mean if I tried I could but I just don't want to
Drink vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, No
Stay away from cheese. Yes, Sprinkled some on a salad, Yes, Yes
Old 11-03-2011, 04:42 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene, I get the spring salad, I don't get why people don't like it though. Your parents trip sounds fun!

April hope you are feeling better. Take Cassie's advice on the sleeping and drinking.

Mhibdon, change it manually to 1.66, trust me that one centimeter will mean at least a pound And you need to take care of yourself, looks like you haven't gotten over your flu. Sleep sleep sleep.

Quinn, you are back on track now. I was recently thinking about how hard it must be for alcoholics, for example, to NEVER have another drink again, if weight loss is a struggle I cannot even imagine how hard it is to control an addiction like that. Stay strong.

Almeeker, that program sounds great! And how they keep track over the years, very cool.

Mike, that is a lot of fish, and that truck is good, it can carry almost a ton! Impressed.

Hope, my best wishes for you doctor appointment tomorrow.

Mern, glad to hear your BIL is getting better and that you will soon get to enjoy some time to relax.

Cassie, good to have you back!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:03 PM
FitDay Member

Busy, busy day bed sounds wonderful. I don't think I ate enough Mikes truck-o-fish made me want almond encrusted fried flounder with home cut fries ok I am going to bed before I eat something. Goodnight everyone.

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk/Stairs, T=Hike, W=Aerobics, T=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N
Calories less than 1400: M= 1190, T= 1250, W=1241, T=1033
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1105, T= -932, W= -726, T= -1167
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y, T=Y, W=N, T= Y
Keep food opinions to myself (other than here): M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Old 11-03-2011, 08:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Mhibdon, change it manually to 1.66, trust me that one centimeter will mean at least a pound And you need to take care of yourself, looks like you haven't gotten over your flu. Sleep sleep sleep.
I did manually put in 1.66, but Fitday kept changing it to 1.65. Oh trust me, homegirl, as soon as I'm done with my courses for the day- my fabulous ass is gonna be in bed, with my eyes closed, by sundown. I can't stand being sick. Have a test today, then over the weekend I have a lab to write, a book review to write (and try not to sound like a pompous jerk), and a test on Monday, to be followed by my last "shadowing" experience before I start running test subjects on my own

I love learning, but I think I'm going to have to start enforcing "Nap Time" to help my body cope with the stress, haha.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Calories 1,400 T-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,279, 2,059, 1,396
2. Water 100oz. Y,Y,Y
3. Protein 25% or higher. 25%, 17%, 26
4. Calorie deficit 3,000. -918, -128, -1,159 (total -2,205)
5. Exercise 5 hours. 0 min, 45 min, 65 min (total 1:50)

Other Stuff

1. Housework 1 hour daily (minimum) + 1 load of laundry (this place looks HORRIBLE, it's scarier than a haunted house!) YY, YY, YY
2. Deal with the flower pots on the back stoop. N,N,N
3. Deal with the squash. N,N,N
4. Plan out 4-H calendar. N,N,N
5. Make appointments at orthodontist, call dentist office. N,N,N

Yesterday went pretty well for diet and exercise, Wed was so bad that I wasn't even hungry, much anyway. Didn't manage to get anything done though, it was one of those days filled with one long phone call after another. A friend of mine is putting on a book fair next week and she has to decorate the entire gym out of her own pocket (so a gum wrapper, 26 cents and some lint). That's where wheat paste, old newspapers and the dollar store come in eh? Right up my alley, so I may have to assist in the creation of a new solar system over the weekend. Oy, the things I get myself into. She helps me out with scouts, so I owe her big time.

Mern, glad to hear that BIL is doing better. I love the idea of your taking the grand kids to a park for a picnic. It's gotten too chilly around here for that, so I'll want lots of details if you go.

Mike, I actually have seen a truck bed full of fish before, although I have to say when I have it wasn't all the same kind and it didn't look so yummy. Around here the bigger morons occasionally fish with dynamite, which kills everything, so it's not just fish but frogs and turtles as well. Yes, I have to agree with Darlene, it's making me hungry for home fries and almond crust too.

Quinn, I totally agree that it's a lot harder to "quit" something than it is to stand on the outside and tell someone else to quit. I struggle with that myself, even though I know exactly how hard it is. I have a couple of relatives that are super-sized humans, seriously 3-4x what they should weigh. It kills me a little every time they talk about getting healthier, because I know it's possible and they are capable of doing it, but I suspect there is a bit of untreated depression going on and they can't keep themselves up on the wagon for more than a few days/weeks at a time. Luckily enough all of the serious alcoholics in my family are sober as far as I know. My condolences on the loss of your brother. I'm glad you've been able to reach a point where you understood his situation better and have forgiven him in your heart. I can understand some of your feelings on that issue, the "drinker" gene is very prevalent in my family, and there have been times there cause to be very concerned about one family member or another. Everyone has their cross to bare, some are just heavier than others.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-03-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.