Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Amy Your school sounds like it’s very forward thinking when it comes to exercise how lucky for those kids. I am glad the kids will get nasty if you steal their candy that is as good as throwing it out!
I'm not sure they'll be all that nasty, but I keep telling myself they will. Yes the kids are very lucky in the staff at that school, the building is less good, but that's okay the education is top notch.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

I'm crawling back after a few stressful hours with a confession... I fell off the wagon and ate everything. I'm putting my foot down now, before my study session... but I figured that telling you guys and "owning up" to my slip up would help deter me from another binge fest.

Also, I feel cold, achy, and fevered all at once and woke up to leg cramps. Any advice on what would help with these symptoms? I'm thinking a nap and some water?
Old 11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Hang in there, mhibdon. Lots of that wagon-falling going around . Climb back on with us with a clear conscience.

Try some chicken soup, sweetie; homemade is best, but if you can't, anything will do in a pinch. Take a nice hot bath and sweat it out a bit, too. Drink and sleep!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
I'm crawling back after a few stressful hours with a confession... I fell off the wagon and ate everything. I'm putting my foot down now, before my study session... but I figured that telling you guys and "owning up" to my slip up would help deter me from another binge fest.

Also, I feel cold, achy, and fevered all at once and woke up to leg cramps. Any advice on what would help with these symptoms? I'm thinking a nap and some water?
What happened? Be a boss and kick those flu symptoms to the curb. Make thos symptoms your bitch!
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hang in there, mhibdon. Lots of that wagon-falling going around . Climb back on with us with a clear conscience.

Try some chicken soup, sweetie; homemade is best, but if you can't, anything will do in a pinch. Take a nice hot bath and sweat it out a bit, too. Drink and sleep!!!
Be careful, you may have to be specific when you tell her to drink. She's probably calling her frat bros and saying "I'm the boss, I'm gonna make the sickness my bitch, lets go drinking, Cassie said I should!"
Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

I thought about that while I was typing, but hey, alcohol kills germs, right? Bourbon, honey, and lemon could definitely cure what ails you. Besides, after last weekend, I have no room to talk.

Doctor's orders, mhibdon...choose wisely!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Mike & Cassie: I'd think that you'd know by now that I don't drink! I'm much more of a stimulant fan like caffeine and adrenalin! I'm such a psych/bio major, all I can think about when people talk about drinking is how it is affecting their brain chemistry....
Old 11-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Good to know. I don't drink either.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Only skimmed the posts. I'm going to fix myself a nice hot cup of tea and go to bed early.

Again, thanks to all for the prayers and concern. Brother-in-law is doing better since the surgery. When awake, he was actually coherent and alert today for the first time since his brain injury and was able to eat some solid food.

Hope, I'm really fine, thanks. Things are looking up and since the weather is forecast to be pretty decent next Tuesday when the grandkids are off school, I'm hoping to be able to take them on a picnic to a beautiful park out in the country by the Ohio River. The fall colors are just glorious right now and I could really use the R&R.

Mike, so glad you got a break on the train and at the zoo.

mhibdon, hope you feel better soon! Big hug to ya!

Cassie, one time when my son was sick with a horrible cold with both head and chest congestion and I was really stressed, the pediatrician gave me the recipe for a hot toddy with bourbon, honey and lemon. I was astounded and said, "Oh, my Lord! Whiskey for a little kid????? He grinned from ear to ear and said, "No, Mommy. That's my prescription for YOU."

And huge hugs to all who have fallen off the wagon. You all have my total faith in you that you can climb back on--I know how hard it is, but you can do it.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

My friend that I go fishing and shrimping with sent me a pic of some flounders from a local fishing hole. It's quite shocking, I'll try to post it up later. All I can say is that it's a good thing that there's no limit on flounder.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
My friend that I go fishing and shrimping with sent me a pic of some flounders from a local fishing hole. It's quite shocking, I'll try to post it up later. All I can say is that it's a good thing that there's no limit on flounder.
Is this not the craziest thing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.